Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 317 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #12286
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

It's not really a pet peeve, but I find it disappointing to see someone who has a great costume with the wig, makeup, lenses and everything, and they ruin it by wearing dirty old tennis shoes. I know you wanna be comfortable, but really...try to at least fnd a shoe just like your costume...Even if the shoes are converse or something, at least put them through the washer...
Chirudesu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #12287
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunalicia View Post
This has been discussed to death a million, bjallion times. Cosplay whoever you want, no one cares, have fun with it. But if you are plus sized and run around in a fur bikini, people are going to comment. Just as if you are plus sized and run around in a normal bikini. There are lots of plus sized cosplayers and they are no better or worse then the skinnier ones.

What makes me mad is when plus sized cosplayers keep whining about it. If you are so worried about what other people say yo shouldn't be cosplaying in the first place.
Very very true!!! Screw the people that have an issue with your body, it's not their business, but at the same time, if you have to defend yourself at every turn in your costume, then maybe it's not for you or you are too worried about what others think. While yes, it can be a little hard finding a good costume for a bigger cosplayer, there's still options. I say treat it like real life: I wouldn't wear a bikini in publc, so a costume is no different.
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #12288
xSpringSmiles
bloody vendetta ✯

DESTRUCTIVE CRISTISISM.

...How rude.
Really.

Hurtful, and so cruel.

xSpringSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #12289
RING0guu

One word...Glompers.

RING0guu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #12290
meteorie
Crisis Make Up

I hate it when someone posts pictures from a con, and the link goes to FACEBOOK, and you can't see any of the photos because they didn't change their settings.

People, at least bother to check your link before posting it.
meteorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #12291
Deuce'N'Domino
American Cannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorie View Post
I hate it when someone posts pictures from a con, and the link goes to FACEBOOK, and you can't see any of the photos because they didn't change their settings.

People, at least bother to check your link before posting it.
THIS!

I'm starting to find this really annoying. Not everyone has a Facebook account(I don't have one & not making one anytime soon). At least change the settings to public so everybody can see them.
Anime Expo 2014
Anime California 2014
Long Beach Comic Con 2014
Comikaze 2014
PMX 2014
Deuce'N'Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #12292
PK.love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
It's not really a pet peeve, but I find it disappointing to see someone who has a great costume with the wig, makeup, lenses and everything, and they ruin it by wearing dirty old tennis shoes. I know you wanna be comfortable, but really...try to at least fnd a shoe just like your costume...Even if the shoes are converse or something, at least put them through the washer...

Ahh I agree with this 100%! I mean, they could at least try to find some type of clean, semi fitting shoe rather than dirty ones. That always bothers me~
PK.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM   #12293
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignxcc View Post
Very very true. I dont mind if your going to tell me the flaws of my costume or anything but if your going to flat out insult or try to hurt me then I hate it. Some people are so picky or elitist as I like to say about it. They want perfection. If you go above and beyond for your costume that is great but unless your going to be constructive you don't need to be cruel to others.
Thank you. I used to be friends with a girl who would constantly scope out other cosplayers and then proceed to insult every little flaw (when she wasn't busy ditching me for people she barely knew). She even did this to her own friends. I remember seeing a really awesome Byakuya cosplayer, and I mentioned it casually, and she blurts out, "That Byakuya is so fail! His scarf is supposed to be WHITE, I don't know why they made it GREEN in the anime, doesn't he know better?" I got really pissed off and just walked away from her at that point..The cosplayer was far enough away so that he didn't hear, thankfully, but still..There is no reason to be such a dick. I wouldn't have given a shit if his scarf was orange, honestly.

Anime Expo & Otakon

★Shizuma (Strawberry Panic!) - 50% complete
★Saber EXTRA - 85% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Last edited by Moonsong : 04-08-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #12294
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
I remember seeing a really awesome Byakuya cosplayer, and I mentioned it casually, and she blurts out, "That Byakuya is so fail! His scarf is supposed to be WHITE, I don't know why they made it GREEN in the anime, doesn't he know better?" I got really pissed off and just walked away from her at that point..The cosplayer was far enough away so that he didn't hear, thankfully, but still..There is no reason to be such a dick. I wouldn't have given a shit if his scarf was orange, honestly.
This is my problem right here. Not every color can be found or accurately dyed or what have you. It's a shame if you just payed like $50 to go to a con only to stand around and nitpick.

A cosplay pet peeve of mine is when people wear the same cosplay every year without putting it through the wash, removing a stain, etc. Nothing wrong with sticking to that one costume, but at least refresh it before you wear it again.

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #12295
FruityKyuubi
Fill your FruityCrave.

My pet peeve is:

THAT IT CANT BE FUN!!!!!
I mean come on, some people made fun look like a way to make fun of orthers. [and most those people dont even cosplay]
Look at the videos that say WROST COSPLAY EVER,
how would you feel if someone at a con walked up to you and said "wow you suck" took your picture and posted it online with the title OMG!!! on it.
I mean sure i dont like it when Pikachu says "Come get it big boy", I agree with that.

Last edited by FruityKyuubi : 04-09-2010 at 10:39 PM.
FruityKyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #12296
zombisaurus
BRAVE★SOUL

Being too in-character.

Back when Advent Children was really popular and tons of people were cosplaying Aerith, Cloud, Sephiroth, etc., my friend was a really big Aerith fan and cosplayed her at a convention. I didn't have a problem with that; I was an Aerith fan, too. Well, we were setting down in the lobby, talking and waiting for our other friend who was getting our hotel room when this epic Sephiroth cosplayer walks by. Jokingly, I point to him and say, "Murderer!" while motioning to my friend. The guy looks confused for a second, then says something like, "It was all in the name of the Lifestream" or something of the like and laughs. And then my friend stands up, grabs the guy by the shoulders, and starts shaking him, yelling about how she didn't want to die and it was all his fault and whatnot. It was horrifying; the way she was screaming at the guy, it was like he'd really murdered her, instead of the character she was dressed up as.

And for the next three days, I avoided that guy like the plague. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die from the embarrassment. OTL

CURRENT COVENTIONS
Ikkicon 2011
Tengu (RoboGeisha)— -planning-
Military Academy!Makoto (BlazBlue: CT)— 30%
Team Galactic female grunt (Pokemon: Platinum)— 80%

Anime Matsuri 2011
Battle Dance (Pop'n Music)— -planning-
BlackFire (Teen Titans)— -planning-
Meg (Burst Angel)— -25%
zombisaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 04:10 PM   #12297
Chirudesu
Flash Goddess Chiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombisaurus View Post
Being too in-character.

Back when Advent Children was really popular and tons of people were cosplaying Aerith, Cloud, Sephiroth, etc., my friend was a really big Aerith fan and cosplayed her at a convention. I didn't have a problem with that; I was an Aerith fan, too. Well, we were setting down in the lobby, talking and waiting for our other friend who was getting our hotel room when this epic Sephiroth cosplayer walks by. Jokingly, I point to him and say, "Murderer!" while motioning to my friend. The guy looks confused for a second, then says something like, "It was all in the name of the Lifestream" or something of the like and laughs. And then my friend stands up, grabs the guy by the shoulders, and starts shaking him, yelling about how she didn't want to die and it was all his fault and whatnot. It was horrifying; the way she was screaming at the guy, it was like he'd really murdered her, instead of the character she was dressed up as.

And for the next three days, I avoided that guy like the plague. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die from the embarrassment. OTL

0____________0' your friend really did that!? Wow, that...that's scary...and I don't think Aerith would do that herself anyway, would she?

私の世界 夢と恋と不安で出来てる。。。
Unread 04-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #12298
zombisaurus
BRAVE★SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirudesu View Post
0____________0' your friend really did that!? Wow, that...that's scary...and I don't think Aerith would do that herself anyway, would she?
I don't even know. /sigh. It was back when we were, like, fourteen or fifteen, and she's always been a bit... fangirlish in a bad way. She's toned it down a lot since then (thank god), but that memory still makes me cringe sometimes...

CURRENT COVENTIONS
Ikkicon 2011
Tengu (RoboGeisha)— -planning-
Military Academy!Makoto (BlazBlue: CT)— 30%
Team Galactic female grunt (Pokemon: Platinum)— 80%

Anime Matsuri 2011
Battle Dance (Pop'n Music)— -planning-
BlackFire (Teen Titans)— -planning-
Meg (Burst Angel)— -25%
zombisaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #12299
ShaChanHazALeek
o hai thar~

If you're cosplaying as a boy and you're a girl - it just looks plain weird walking into the girl's restroom!
Hiruko - Nightmare Inspector (0%)
ep. 13 Sai - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (33%)
ShaChanHazALeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #12300
jukebox
role models > supermodels

This is one that occured to me recently, and now that I've conciously noticed it, it's been pissing me off something fierce.

This pet peeve is cosplayers who refuse to hold themselves to the same standards they hold others to, and unfortunately, this seems to manifest itself in a lot of little ways.

There are way too many examples I can think of: things like criticising people's accuracy when you're not completely accurate either, or frowning on people who demand and fight for attention (particularly from photographers) when you may be just as guilty of trying to gain attention. Another one that never ceases to boggle me is when cosplayers complain about "divas", or people who take the hobby too seriously, then turn around and act all serious business about it too. The same can be said about the circus that is cosplay-related drama: I've seen people get very annoyed with people who pick fights or look for conflict and one-upmanship, yet they do nothing whatsoever to diffuse the drama, more often than not they contribute to it and fan the flames. And hell, some of my friends in the hobby have been known to complain about people who cosplay from series they don't know, but these same friends have thought about doing the same.

All we are is nerds playing dress-up. So can we please stop acting like the hobby is any excuse to feed social and psychological shortcomings?

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote