Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 386 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 09-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #12766
PeaceOfMind
Timey-Wimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Dude, I totally have a minor version of that problem. I think it means we have bubble butts or something.
I'd like to think of it as a good thing. lol
Yeah, it's probably something like that, I have kind of a big butt. I think if I make it tighter on the sides it won't ride up and show my butt. xD

Lilith the Siren (Borderlands)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
PeaceOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #12767
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

^ Dude. You're a genius!

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #12768
D'Rose

People mention often that they dislike having photo's taken without being asked/at least warned and I never really thought about it being a problem since no one has asked me for photo's at an inappropriate time, like when I'm eating or in line for the bathroom or something. Then after my most recent con I was looking through gallery's for pix of myself and found one that had been taken without me knowing and... it looks really cool :C since I wasn't posing I didn't have a goofy look on my face and I was walking so my costume and hair billowed nicely. So...yeah hahaha, thing's are funny like that.
D'Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #12769
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
^ To the post above me: Words cannot describe how rude you're being to those people, so i'm not even going to say anything. Your post speaks for itself in how wrong it is.

Anyways

Yeah, exactly. I can understand if you're like... acting in character, and they're all acting in character. But when you're not, and you're just saying hi to a fellow cosplayer... a response of "Rossiu is a dick." and walking off isn't very nice. :\
Yep. When Orochimaru is hugging naruto and Sasuke, or is giving Vash and Miku a piggy back ride, Im pretty sure they are a good person. xD

-high five for hating stupid people-
Unread 09-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #12770
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
Yep. When Orochimaru is hugging naruto and Sasuke, or is giving Vash and Miku a piggy back ride, Im pretty sure they are a good person. xD

-high five for hating stupid people-
*high fives* Well, i don't hate stupid people. But it is awkward to not high five someone. Dont wanna leave you hanging :'P

Especially since she was walking around with a Simon cosplayer and just having fun and buying doujinshi... No need to bash ;u;

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #12771
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
*high fives* Well, i don't hate stupid people. But it is awkward to not high five someone. Dont wanna leave you hanging :'P

Especially since she was walking around with a Simon cosplayer and just having fun and buying doujinshi... No need to bash ;u;
xD I guess I should have said rude instead of stupid lol -edits in her brain-

Awwww I wish I could have seen that. xD hahahaha yay for not being in character <3
Unread 09-10-2010, 04:29 AM   #12772
Ikazuchi
no Fusanoshin! Kenzan!

Quote:
Recent peeve of mine: Cosplayers who are too elitest and proud of themselves that they ruin the idea for me.

Not the idea of cosplay. Just cosplaying in certain fandoms, or such. Like, for one, Lolita. I love the lolita fashion. Its so cute, especially when someone dresses in a fruit theme, with accessories to boot.

BUT. Most lolita dressers i've met... are terribly, terribly rude. The only ones i've met IRL that are nice are one girl who sold me my dress, and the other was a random girl at Anime Expo. Everyone else is usually like "That dress isn't lolita enough." and "Your dress is bodyline? Thats a shitty brand." etc. It really ruins the effect of lolita for me. They always looks so cute, and i imagine them being all polite, using cute little japanese phrases... Nuh uh. Not once.

I might just meet all the rude ones of them, but really. Its soooo annoying. I even avoid the lolita forum here because i've gotten some pretty nasty responses.

Its just like... if you're dressing as something sweet, try and ACT sweet. Or at least not like a total elitest prick.

Lolita is one of many examples. I got turned off from my recent Team Rocket fandom because the admins of the forum i was in decided to block me (since i was dating an admin, we broke up... and i got banned so she didnt have to talk to me :'| ). Kinda made me dislike pokemon for a very long time. Almost happened with Gurren Lagann, too... since i met a group of cosplayers at Anime Expo who were super rude to me because i was dressed as Yoko too... it'd have shut me off from it, if not for my TTGL rps keeping me interested.

Agreed. Really, cosplay wasn't like that during the 90s...sigh, some people are making themselves famous, etc with the whole thing, eh?
Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #12773
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikazuchi View Post
Agreed. Really, cosplay wasn't like that during the 90s...sigh, some people are making themselves famous, etc with the whole thing, eh?
I dont think Lolita is really a cosplay, but not all lolitas are like that. those ones are just trying to be trendy. D: They arent real lolis.
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #12774
Harra Arial
Phoenix Wright Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
I dont think Lolita is really a cosplay, but not all lolitas are like that. those ones are just trying to be trendy. D: They arent real lolis.
Yeah, Lolita is a fashion, not Cosplay.

But I'll agree with you on that. They're in our territory, the least one could do is be a little polite (I mean really, it comes off horribly when you're dressed to the nines and your manners are Gnade-awful.)

Then again, I'm of the persuasion that everyone, regardless of wearing a costume, alternative fashion, or just going mundane, should be polite. (Especially us strangely-dressed folk. We're ambassadors for everyone else, and we don't want people to think of us as immature, right?)

Just... I'll never understand that Lolitas being rude to Cosplayers at Anime Conventions. What do you expect to see at an Anime Con? Hellooo?

(And keep in mind, this is not directed at all Lolis, just the Madames who are making all of us look bad.)

That, my dears, is why life is so exciting, because we are different from one-another.

~~~

Care to get in contact with me?
HarraArial@yahoo.com
Drop me an Instant Messenge, I'd be honoured to speak with you~
Harra Arial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #12775
AliceinIvory
Alice Addison

What annoys me is ladies who are quite ... large ... and crossplaying with large breasts and thinking that if people just ignore them, they don't have to bind ... trust me. Theyre hard to ignore when Matt Jeevas has huge ass woman boobs.
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #12776
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Kai-Kai View Post
Another peeve that has probably already been mentioned, elusive as hell reference pics and manga characters with absolutely NO official color images. >.<
Ooooooh, THIS. THIS. THIS.

I tend to take interest in obscure characters and... with obscure characters comes problems with references.
There is this one character, from a Japan only PC game, that I love to death because of his design and well... I can't for the life of me find a full-body picture of his backside, aaargghhh!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version
Eren Yeager (casual outfit) - Attack on Titan

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Yukicon (10-11 January 2015)
SAT ???
SUN ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #12777
Harra Arial
Phoenix Wright Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinIvory View Post
What annoys me is ladies who are quite ... large ... and crossplaying with large breasts and thinking that if people just ignore them, they don't have to bind ... trust me. Theyre hard to ignore when Matt Jeevas has huge ass woman boobs.
This is a peeve for me as well. Not on others, but on myself. I have a chronic inflammatory condition in my ribs, which makes binding for crossplaying quite... well, hazardous to my health. (And when you have mom, dad, fiancee and cardiologist all telling you not to, it's hard to get away with anything.)

If someone has the ability to bind, then they should. However, if it's too uncomfortable, or hazardous to your health, then don't. (Now, I'd recommend finding costumes that draw attention away from your bust if you want to crossplay, the proper outfit ensemble can do wonders. Or you can use girdles to direct the bulk elsewhere so long it isn't going to pose health risks. I fully intend to use a mild-pressure girdle when Crossplaying to make my midsection look less waspy.)

That, my dears, is why life is so exciting, because we are different from one-another.

~~~

Care to get in contact with me?
HarraArial@yahoo.com
Drop me an Instant Messenge, I'd be honoured to speak with you~
Harra Arial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2010, 02:24 AM   #12778
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harra Arial View Post
Yeah, Lolita is a fashion, not Cosplay.

But I'll agree with you on that. They're in our territory, the least one could do is be a little polite (I mean really, it comes off horribly when you're dressed to the nines and your manners are Gnade-awful.)

Then again, I'm of the persuasion that everyone, regardless of wearing a costume, alternative fashion, or just going mundane, should be polite. (Especially us strangely-dressed folk. We're ambassadors for everyone else, and we don't want people to think of us as immature, right?)

Just... I'll never understand that Lolitas being rude to Cosplayers at Anime Conventions. What do you expect to see at an Anime Con? Hellooo?

(And keep in mind, this is not directed at all Lolis, just the Madames who are making all of us look bad.)
I agree completely. Lolitas are supposed to be kind and eloquent.

I think everyone should have some manners. I would think their parents would have taught them that.
Unread 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #12779
Speckles

My personal peeve is when I see a fabulous cosplay, and when I ask for a picture I get the most stagnant plain pose that doesn't really highlight the characters' personality at all.
Speckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #12780
HEYOashley
Cosplaying again

@ Speckles: I don't think that's entirely fair. Some people are horrible at posing (including me) and we have the skill for sewing a costume, but not the photogenic skills :P

Maybe help out a cosplayer and offer some advice on a pose, like "I think you could show off so-and-so prop by holding it like this" etc

Current Projects
Filia 0%
Fantisma: 10%
Tsubasa's School Outfit: 10%
Kneesocks: 10%
HEYOashley is offline   Reply With Quote