Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Mid-Atlantic

Unread 02-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Group photos/Gatherings for FF and/or Naruto cosplayers?

AMA is sloooowly getting closer, and I was wondering if anyone had any group gatherings, group photos, that sort of thing in mind.

Myself, my sister, and my best friend will be going as FFAC Aeris, Tifa, and Yuffie, so I would love to get some group photos with other FF cosplayers.

Since we also have Sakura, Rin, and Ino costumes, might as well drag those along, too, so I'd also like to get some Naruto group photos.

Anyone who would like to get together for some FF and/or Naruto group stuff, just post, and it shouldn't be too hard to arrange something. ^_^

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
Yoko (default - Gurren Lagann)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
SailorKagome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Shinomori Misao

hey tiph! ^_^
Shinomori Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #3
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinomori Misao
hey tiph! ^_^
WENDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD

HEY! I'm just going to call you now, lol. ^_^

But, yeah. What time do you think we'll get there (AMA), Friday? And *should* we stay for two nights, or just leave really late Saturday?

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 02-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
RedIce611

Gathering?

I'm getting a costume together with some help to go as Barrett. A friend is going as Cloud. I'm sure we'll be there on Friday to take pics, but it's still pretty early. More as it develops.
RedIce611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
AnimatedPoison

<~ AC Cloud. I just posted about this a day or two ago.. -_-;
AnimatedPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimatedPoison
<~ AC Cloud. I just posted about this a day or two ago.. -_-;
Heh, it's about time some people started posting. I've been waiting since the start of the month for some responses to this.

Anyway, I'll see you there!

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 02-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #7
BWMissWednesday
ZeroNoVoid

I'll take pictures with you guys in my Tenten costume ~^^~
Unread 02-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #8
AnimatedPoison

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKagome
Heh, it's about time some people started posting. I've been waiting since the start of the month for some responses to this.

Anyway, I'll see you there!
It looks like we'll have a good portion of the AC cast for AMA The count so far has Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Cloud, Barrett, Loz, Yazoo, and Sephiroth.
Unread 02-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #9
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
It looks like we'll have a good portion of the AC cast for AMA The count so far has Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Cloud, Barrett, Loz, Yazoo, and Sephiroth.
Awesome We just need.... Reno and Rude and Rufus! And other random people, lol.

Also, I was a bit confused and just wanted to clear this up.... When you said you had just posted this (that you are going to be Cloud, etc) a day or two ago.... What exactly did you mean? Did you mean that you had *already* posted a thread like this? Because I posted this back at the beginning of the month, and I just kinda felt like you were saying, well, *I* already did this, so why did *you*?

but, of course, I'm probably misconstruing this..... @_@ No offense or anything at all! I was just a little.... very confused and like, wha? I really hope I'm not sounding like a jerk or anything. :_:

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 02-24-2006, 09:54 PM   #10
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWMissWednesday
I'll take pictures with you guys in my Tenten costume ~^^~
Sweet

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 02-25-2006, 12:18 AM   #11
AnimatedPoison

Quote:
Awesome We just need.... Reno and Rude and Rufus! And other random people, lol.

Also, I was a bit confused and just wanted to clear this up.... When you said you had just posted this (that you are going to be Cloud, etc) a day or two ago.... What exactly did you mean? Did you mean that you had *already* posted a thread like this? Because I posted this back at the beginning of the month, and I just kinda felt like you were saying, well, *I* already did this, so why did *you*?

but, of course, I'm probably misconstruing this..... @_@ No offense or anything at all! I was just a little.... very confused and like, wha? I really hope I'm not sounding like a jerk or anything. :_:
Just posted my status the other day in a different thread. Not a big deal >_>;

I'm trying to convince a friend to cosplay Vincent. That's another one of those cosplays that's so extremely popular right now (thanks to AC and DoC), I can't imagine there not being one at AMA too.

BTW, am I missing something about Reno? I've spotted three cosplayers in the past week posing as him with their tongues poking out. Am I missing something there? X_X; Doesn't seem very in-character, despite him being part of the comic relief in AC...
Unread 02-25-2006, 01:59 AM   #12
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
Just posted my status the other day in a different thread. Not a big deal >_>;

I'm trying to convince a friend to cosplay Vincent. That's another one of those cosplays that's so extremely popular right now (thanks to AC and DoC), I can't imagine there not being one at AMA too.

BTW, am I missing something about Reno? I've spotted three cosplayers in the past week posing as him with their tongues poking out. Am I missing something there? X_X; Doesn't seem very in-character, despite him being part of the comic relief in AC...
omg, Vincent. If you can get a Vincent, I will <3 you. ._.

For some reason, the tongue-sticking out thing and Reno sound familiar. My friend has the dvd, so if I have time, I'll watch it and check. But, hmm. I mean, it could be some huge coincidence, though I doubt it. If it's not from AC though, I'm just curious as to why they were all doing it. Or maybe they're all just channeling Orochimaru......

Mm, also, how has making your AC Cloud gone? ^_^ I read somewhere here that it costs about $400 to make, and, just woooow. I really want to make one, but I don't have that kind of money yet. XD

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 02-25-2006, 08:34 PM   #13
AnimatedPoison

Quote:
Mm, also, how has making your AC Cloud gone? ^_^ I read somewhere here that it costs about $400 to make, and, just woooow. I really want to make one, but I don't have that kind of money yet. XD
I've neglected it for a good week or two now because of college. Usually the last two weeks of my semesters cause me to lose any time for hobbies.

Cost depends mostly on the materials you use (the nicer, the more expensive), and how often you screw up LOL All I have left is the boots, and the wig. The wig is a nightmare (and there's plenty of evidence for that all over the site)! I'm trying to get a more natural style though, instead of Pomade-to-Death. I may redo the arm cover because I'm not satisfied with it the way it is. I'm very small-framed so it's difficult to find things that fit without sliding.

I'm refusing to keep track of the cost because I don't want to upset myself! It's not very cheap. I had custom tailoring on it though, and there's fake leather invovled, so it's to be expected. Based on what I can remember though, I'm around that number. The costs of some things were inflated because of shipping from Hong Kong/China for things like the earrings and tailoring. International shipping is brutal ^_^; As long as you collect a regular paycheck and stagger your spending, it's not as bad as it looks. I only work part-time so I'm not made of money. I just wait until I've saved enough for the next step (and I started the costume half a year ahead of the con, always good to have that kind of time). But I still don't want to know what it cost me.
Unread 02-26-2006, 12:23 PM   #14
SailorKagome
NERDRAGE!

Quote:
I've neglected it for a good week or two now because of college. Usually the last two weeks of my semesters cause me to lose any time for hobbies.

Cost depends mostly on the materials you use (the nicer, the more expensive), and how often you screw up LOL All I have left is the boots, and the wig. The wig is a nightmare (and there's plenty of evidence for that all over the site)! I'm trying to get a more natural style though, instead of Pomade-to-Death. I may redo the arm cover because I'm not satisfied with it the way it is. I'm very small-framed so it's difficult to find things that fit without sliding.

I'm refusing to keep track of the cost because I don't want to upset myself! It's not very cheap. I had custom tailoring on it though, and there's fake leather invovled, so it's to be expected. Based on what I can remember though, I'm around that number. The costs of some things were inflated because of shipping from Hong Kong/China for things like the earrings and tailoring. International shipping is brutal ^_^; As long as you collect a regular paycheck and stagger your spending, it's not as bad as it looks. I only work part-time so I'm not made of money. I just wait until I've saved enough for the next step (and I started the costume half a year ahead of the con, always good to have that kind of time). But I still don't want to know what it cost me.
If you're having a lot of trouble with the wig, I have a friend who comissions them, and they're priced well, too. ^_^ I'm ordering....... 8+ wigs from her. XDDDD

And I know that end of semester feeling..... XD I'll be having it, too, right around AMA time.

And, yipes. International shipping.... *cringes* I was looking at a Sakura figure to buy, and the shipping was $17.00! It's *insane*.

I can't wait to see your costume It's sounds great, and we'll be able to get some awesome AC group pictures. It's funny, actually, because me and my friend (Aeris and Tifa) were hoping to run into a Cloud for pictures.

And good luck with the boots! Are you going to be making them yourself?

Sailor Cosmos
Meg (BakuTen)
TJ Sakura (Naruto)
Utena (Movie Version)

Myspace - Cosspace
Unread 02-26-2006, 12:41 PM   #15
theonlyangel77
Giggidy giggidy goo

Im trying to put together a Resident evil/ devil may cry photo shoot.. so far i have a Ada wong, Leon, Jack Krauser all from RE 4, and Dante from DMC. If you know anyone who wants to join in let me know! Thanks
Soul Eater Tsubaki
Cosplay Page --> Cosplay Angels
theonlyangel77 is offline   Reply With Quote