Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photography Chat

Unread 02-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
The Element
The Elemental Master

Kodak Digicam resizing

Does anyone know how to resize on a kodak digicam program that comes with the camera. I'm assuming all the versions (if there are versions) are about the same idea.

I cant figure out how to resize all my pictures turn out like...300k
Haru Sohma - Fruits Basket
Kyouya And Tamaki- Host Club (Maybe)
Tuxedo Mask - Sailor Moon
The Element is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #2
Ollie
Between Worlds

I just don't use the included software. It's usually sub-par. It's easy to say when I have Photoshop CS2 available, but I still often use a program called Graphic Converter (lemkesoft) for the bulk of my processing. Photoshop is only for important pictures, since I don't really have time to manually edit several hundred photos after a convention.

As for the size, though, 300k sounds about right for a 3MP camera, which was also a Kodak. (An easyshare, to be precise.) If you really need a solution to resizing and can't find anything that suits your needs, I think google has software called picasa which will do some of that stuff for you.
Unread 02-13-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
stefaniecat
Camera Cat

I'm the kind of geek that, when confronted with a technical camrea or software problem, I hit the manuel, or the website's help forums lol. So, for this, I hit Kodak's site, and assuming you have the 'easy share' software ...

And, since I didn't see anything obvious, and am pressed for time this AM - Here's the link to easyshare software... http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...q-path=10/5224
I'd recomend updating to make sure you've got the full/new version with the tech support, and then ask them if you can't find the info...

..or download a free program that will let you tweak that. A free one I"ve used is PhotoFiltre, though there are of course others.
stefaniecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
Captain Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefaniecat
I'm the kind of geek that, when confronted with a technical camrea or software problem, I hit the manuel, or the website's help forums lol. So, for this, I hit Kodak's site, and assuming you have the 'easy share' software ...

And, since I didn't see anything obvious, and am pressed for time this AM - Here's the link to easyshare software... http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...q-path=10/5224
I'd recomend updating to make sure you've got the full/new version with the tech support, and then ask them if you can't find the info...

..or download a free program that will let you tweak that. A free one I"ve used is PhotoFiltre, though there are of course others.
The easyshare program honestly doesnt work. I have it on my pc and I've changed the settings and downloaded new programs and updates. i have photoshop for my pc so i recommend getting it for yours, element
Unread 02-13-2006, 10:51 PM   #5
stefaniecat
Camera Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Gundam
The easyshare program honestly doesnt work. I have it on my pc and I've changed the settings and downloaded new programs and updates. i have photoshop for my pc so i recommend getting it for yours, element
Well in that case, meh to it. Free image editing software is purry!
stefaniecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #6
The Element
The Elemental Master

thanks i'll try and download photoshop or somethin. all i need it for is resizing.
Haru Sohma - Fruits Basket
Kyouya And Tamaki- Host Club (Maybe)
Tuxedo Mask - Sailor Moon
The Element is offline   Reply With Quote