I've gotten a few qeustions on how to make decent, yet ceap(cost wise) fangs. This was written to any out there who want even the tiny details. This is the first time Iím made one, so just go easy and if you have any questions, just message me and Iíll try my best to answer them! Here we go! Please excuse the pics if they suck. All I can use at the moment is my webcam. ^_^
1) The first step is to buy an easily moldable wax. What Iíve been using for awhile is actually a candy. Itís a kind of wax bottle with juice inside. You bite off the cap and drink out the juice. If thereís a Holiday gas station near you, they should sell them there.
Individual Bottle: http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c9...on/Feb1431.jpg
This type of wax is REALLY easy to work with. Not to mention buying it wonít stretch your budget and you can make as many pairs as you need before you get something you like.
2) Next youíll want to take a bite out of the SIDE of an empty bottle, so you end up with a small chunk sort of shaped like a ĎDí. This small piece is what youíll be using to make the fangs. Note that if they donít turn out, just repeat the steps until you get used to how it works.
3) Take the smaller piece and break it in half, so you end up with two small, hollow triangles. I suggest using your nail or a small blade to do this.
4) This step is optional. I say this because Iím made fangs both using this step, and not using it and theyíve all turned out fine. Slide the hollow part of your new fang onto a toothpick and VERY quickly pass a lighter underneath it, melting the seam you made when you bit it off of the bottle. I really stress the quickly part, because if youíre not careful you could melt the wax beyond repair, start the toothpick on fire or burn yourself.
5) This next part is difficult to explain, but Iíll do my best. Now itís time for shaping your fangs! What you want to do is place your canine tooth; thatís the sharp, kind of pointy one for those that donít know, into the hollow of the wax triangle. MAKE SURE to have the seam from earlier facing the back of your canine! It makes things so much easier to
do it this way.
See? You want the rough seam to the BACK.
6) After your tooth is slipped into the triangle, continue pushing the wax up with your fingers pinched in a V to keep the shade of the fang. Every so often, youíll want to pull the wax off your tooth and carefully remove the extra wax that has now stretched up over your gumline. The easiest way is to use a fingernail to cut it off.
Continue doing until the wax is shaped into a fang on your tooth.
7) When the fang is in place on your tooth, VERY GENTLE bit down, making sure that the tip of your fang stays on the OUTSIDE of your teeth. Doing this shapes the back of your fang into the top of your lower canine. This allows you to easily close your mouth and talk comfortably when wearing the fangs.
8) Any more trimming and slight, but carefull reshaping can be done now so that your fangs have the look you want and are comfortable in your mouth.
WARNING: Drinking is okay when wearing the fangs but DO NOT eat with them in. The way the human jaw is when chewing will destroy the wax fangs and youíll probably end up swallowing them along with your food. Biting people is also not a good idea, considering once again the fact that these ARE wax and can be crushed with enough pressure. Donít sleep with them in either. Thatís just dumb. ^_^
I hope this helps you create your own realistic and inexpensive fangs! Like I said earlier, if you get confused on any part or need further help, donít hesitate to send me a message!