Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-05-2006, 01:12 AM   #46
ArchangelMika

This is somewhat random, but just popping in to say that I may be moving to the Ventura area and if so, would love to meet you guys!

I say *may* because I still need to find a place to live..but pending that, do you think that I could come to the meetings and such? I don't know a single soul in Ventura so it would be nice to meet a few people from here.

-mika
ArchangelMika is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #47
firedramage
Lightbringer Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelMika
This is somewhat random, but just popping in to say that I may be moving to the Ventura area and if so, would love to meet you guys!

I say *may* because I still need to find a place to live..but pending that, do you think that I could come to the meetings and such? I don't know a single soul in Ventura so it would be nice to meet a few people from here.

-mika

Sure, your welcome to come to the meetings if you like.
firedramage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 11:02 PM   #48
Starchild
lost within my mind...

I'm sorry if this is a totally moronic question but...

where IS the "ventura area"? I mean, cities... freeways... etc. I'm new to the entire LA County area and I have no idea how close I actually am. Or how close my boyfriend is (since I'm out there all the time anyway)

Costumes:
Anime Expo - Misaki (Angelic Layer) & Riku Harada (DN Angel)
SDCC - RTS (original comic) & Kodona cosplay
Starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 02:21 AM   #49
Feral

Map

Zoom out You're looking at about a 1+ hour commute from LA.
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #50
firedramage
Lightbringer Alchemist

Well, the meeting will be June 17 at 12:00 (noon). So, pack an lunch.
As for the place i was thinking of Kurai's idea of the park. So, Kurai where is it? And does it have an area to change costumes for photo's? Since i'm almost ready for some progress pixs of my Sessy costume.
Unread 06-10-2006, 02:57 PM   #51
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^

Excellent! I'll be back from Vacation by then ^^

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382

It's not easy being SNAPE
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #52
Kurai_811
<3

Talking June 17 Meeting at Noon

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedramage
Well, the meeting will be June 17 at 12:00 (noon). So, pack an lunch.
As for the place i was thinking of Kurai's idea of the park. So, Kurai where is it? And does it have an area to change costumes for photo's? Since i'm almost ready for some progress pixs of my Sessy costume.
aw cool my idea was actually taken. lol ^^'

okey dokey, directions and stuff on how to get to Constitution Park in Camarillo:
South on the 101: Exit Carmen Drive, turn left onto Ventura Road, turn left onto carmen (at the first light, over the freeway) turn left on Camarillo Road (at the Wells Fargo Bank) then turn right into the first parking lot at Constitution Park.
North on the 101: Exit Carmen Drive. turn right (into the middle lane), turn left on Camarillo Road (at the Wells Fargo Bank) then turn right into the first parking lot at Constitution Park.
There is a parking lot directly behind the stage area which is very convenient for performers to use.

ok, and thats how you get there! (thanks typing directions Mom! since i dont know my freaking way around ^-^;; ) anyway, the park is the huge grassy area with a giant stage in the middle of it, with a rose garden and big trees and all that stuff. ^^

PEOPLE WILL SEE US, its a very open area, two sides bordering the park are busy roads, (so lets not be pushing anyone into the street now ok? ) so if ya dont want to be seen in ur costume, well...i dont know...dont waer it? as for a place to change from normal human being to all powerful cosplayer; i know not of a place near by that we might be able to change in sadly. And like firedramage said, bring a lunch or bento, or something. (unless we can invade Mika Sushi again. lol )

im pretty sure everyone can come in costume if they want, its optional. (i kno i'll be my Sexy o jutsu Naruto xD )
there'll be plenty of space to take good pictures also. so that would make the camera a good thing to bring too. ill be there a bit early in-costume waitin' for all ye other ppls.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY TROUBBLE AT ALL WITH THESE DIRECTIONS, PM ME FOR MY CELL PHONE NUMBER AND ALL THAT SO YOU CAN CALL AND SORT THE PORBLOM OUT N ALL THAT. ^__^

and b4 my little speech tht makes me feel so improtant is over lol, we want as many of all you newbie peoples who havent come to meetings before to come to this one so we can all get ta know eachother and all that good stuff!! ^__^ thank you. ^^

PS. WELKOM ALL YOU NEW PPL!!

Last edited by Kurai_811 : 06-10-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Kurai_811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 04:42 AM   #53
Feral

Sweet! I don't work 'til evening on that day... so as long as I can get a ride to Camarillo, I should be able to go this time.
Unread 06-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #54
inuashley

I'm definetly in as Pre-time jump Sasuke(unfortunately without my Sharingan contacts, as they slightly hurt my eyes and make me see red wherever I go ^^' So, i'll probably wear my comfortable blue contacts).
See you guys there! I hope you new members show up ^_^

Last edited by inuashley : 06-11-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:21 PM   #55
ArchangelMika

I guess I spoke too soon in my last post...looks like I'm not going to be moving to Ventura after all. So nevermind about that *is a dork*

-mika
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #56
firedramage
Lightbringer Alchemist

Quote:
I guess I spoke too soon in my last post...looks like I'm not going to be moving to Ventura after all. So nevermind about that *is a dork*

-mika

Your still welcome to join in the meetings if you want to. Our door is always open for anyone who wants to pop in an say hi. So, feel free to join in whenever you can.
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:34 AM   #57
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral
Sweet! I don't work 'til evening on that day... so as long as I can get a ride to Camarillo, I should be able to go this time.
Whereabouts do you live? I can probably pick you up on my way down to Camarillo.

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382

It's not easy being SNAPE
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #58
ArchangelMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedramage
Your still welcome to join in the meetings if you want to. Our door is always open for anyone who wants to pop in an say hi. So, feel free to join in whenever you can.
Cool, thank you! I just might do that if I'm in the area. The meetings sound like alot of fun!

-mika
Unread 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #59
Kurai_811
<3

Quote:

-mika
yeah, all ya gotta do is be willing to make the commute from where ever you live. some of our members dont even live in Ventura county. isnt that right, inuashley? XD nyahaha

hope ta see you at the meetings sometime!
-Kurai_811
Unread 06-12-2006, 05:56 PM   #60
inuashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurai_811
yeah, all ya gotta do is be willing to make the commute from where ever you live. some of our members dont even live in Ventura county. isnt that right, inuashley? XD nyahaha

hope ta see you at the meetings sometime!
-Kurai_811

Hey! Yeah, it's true, I live in Westlake Village, I don't even know what county I live in... ><' But I'm a cosplaying otaku, so I meet the other two requirements!

Last edited by inuashley : 06-13-2006 at 04:51 PM.