Go Back   Cosplay.com > Usergroup Forums > Usergroup Discussion and Recruitment

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-28-2006, 02:51 AM   #826
Kurai_811
<3

Ok, slow down!

Alright, I know that VCOS is a place to make new friends, this is encouraged, but the past few pages, and considering past times in general, this paticular thread has gone completly off topic, which for cosplay.com, is group disscussion and recruitment, not personal chatter and soforth. This is where you disscuss things about our group, suggestions, ideas, about meetings, not what school you go to, and even being cosplay.com you should not talk too much about your own cosplays; this is the place to do that, VCOS' own exclusive forum: http://venturacosplay.aceboard.com/ - If you are not already a member of our forum, please join, post in Introductions and resume whatever you might want to talk about, so please let us not go into our own lives and such in this thread. You may post away till your hearts content there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazeNeko View Post
Is there an official logo or picture to represent VCOS? I thought maybe I could make a poster/flyer thing and we could give it to anyone we meet at cons. Just an idea. It would also allow us to get t-shirts or badges with it on it some day.
Sorry if these ideas make no sense or aren't possible.. ^_^;
I would like to use this as an example to make it very clear to EVERYONE that circumstances regarding VCOS memorabilia, (which doesn't currently exist) meeting times and dates, location, and finalized events, have been orginazied by the following people who are the Officers of The Ventura County Otaku Society:
"firedramage" - Secratery
"SumisuRin" - Tresuerer
"Kurai_811" - Vice President

This has kept confusion at a bare minimum, and it doesn't help everyone, mostly newbies, who do not know how things work to try organizing everyone; for expample; "We'll have the meeting at so-and-so time in this random park in the middle-of-nowhere!" - We don't want this to happen. Some of you might think that is how the meetings are arranged, the time, location and so-on, just fall into place on its own, when it really doesn't. Things go on behind the scenes that most of you don't know, so I ask that you not take organizing the meetings onto your own hands and leave it to the ones who have taken on that responsibility.

We also want to make it so that as many people are able to come and enjoy themselvs as possible. This has come to my attention because none of the Officers are able to attend the current meeting. Westlake, is the farthest distance for most of our members, making it difficult to attend. In the past, we've tried to centralize the location and left it to the officers to arrange.

I know this might irritate some people, but I felt it had to be said and VCOS needs more structure as a group. We're simply too large now not to set our next meeting dates at the end of each meeting. We also require money to have logo tee shirts and such. These are good ideas, but they should be put to VCOS during our meetings not in a public forum.

If you have any problems, questions and confusion of any kind plaese PM me or post it, thanks.

- Kurai_811

Unread 12-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #827
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^

Thank you Kurai.

Thank you very very much.

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382

It's not easy being SNAPE
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #828
inuashley

Gainax Boy, you're not even at any of the meetings >< You should have made a speech yourself, if you're the president. And maybe if the officers didn't want the meeting to be at my house, which I agree is far away for most of the members, coud have said something when we were in the planning stages. Just pointing that out.
Unread 12-28-2006, 04:18 PM   #829
SumisuRin
Otaku Mom

Usually as the most senior member of VCOS, I try to stand back and let things progress at the 'youngins' pace. But it seems there are some misunderstandings that need to be cleared up. First and foremost, our president has only missed one meeting! Secondly, in the absence of the president, the vice president conducts our affairs. Thirdly, we appreciate the offer to hold our meeting at a members house. Unfortunately the distance proved to be a hardship on many of the members after the fact.
At this point I think it would be best if we simply held our next meeting at ALA, since most of our members will be there, it's convenient and we really need to iron out some things.
SumisuRin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #830
YamiMegumi
AM2 Cosplay Staff

That is actually a good idea. I know it was my idea and I'm sorry that it became the "meeting place" I just thought it would be better then being out in the cold. But besides that. Justin is the President so I absolutly agree that he has the right to say so. So does Kurai since she is the vice president of this cosplay group. I do think Kurai's mom is correct, in couple matters. One being, The group is deciding without the offical command. Because stated in a post is.."So its here and here at this time" I am not saying any names but it sure does seem that the "members" are controlling this. Kurai's mom is correct we do need to iron things out a bit. Possibly..I have some ideas..one is a form saying "I hereby this" and having an offical roster of the members..just in case the weather or what not gets bad, or if something else happens.. we call to to tell them its off. Those are my ideas. But for the meeting. I do think we should have it at ALA.

-Yami-
Cosplay Staff
YamiMegumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 06:13 PM   #831
inuashley

I actually don't think we should have it at ALA seeing as that there are too many events going on that our members are a part of, that it would be hard to get a time when everyone is available. If we can, then maybe it would work out. We could possibly try having lunch together or something like that.

Last edited by inuashley : 12-28-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Unread 12-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #832
Gainax Boy
Master of Ceremonies ^_^

First off, Yeah I only missed one Meeting.. and if the next meeting is in early Janurary, I might miss that too.

If you want reasons, start a topic in the official forums because here is not the place to talk about it. There are other things that should be said too, but I won't say them here.

From now on. Cosplay.com is ONLY to be used for Discussion about meeting times and OFFICIAL Club announcements / Recruiting New Members. Anything else, you take to the forums.

/Discussion Closed

"Smile Often, feelings are Contagious"
AIM @ Dreamer81382

It's not easy being SNAPE
Gainax Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 11:15 PM   #833
Kurai_811
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainax Boy View Post
First off, Yeah I only missed one Meeting.. and if the next meeting is in early Janurary, I might miss that too.

If you want reasons, start a topic in the official forums because here is not the place to talk about it. There are other things that should be said too, but I won't say them here.

From now on. Cosplay.com is ONLY to be used for Discussion about meeting times and OFFICIAL Club announcements / Recruiting New Members. Anything else, you take to the forums.

/Discussion Closed
you couldda said it just a little bit nicer... lol but i take it you mean our own forums, right? the link i mentioned in my last post. (i only say this cuz you wernt real clear)
Unread 12-29-2006, 09:46 AM   #834
firedramage
Lightbringer Alchemist

Sorry, peps that I haven't been on for a while. I'm using someone else's computer since my dsl modem crap out on me and now my computer trying to crap out me also.

As for the meeting Jan. 6 is to early to have another meeting. True most of the main officer's are not able attend at that date. An this is a busy month for everyone getting ready for ALA.
As for getting together at ALA. We would have to see what the schedule is. Getting together for lunch does sound like a very good idea, tho.
firedramage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 03:05 PM   #835
LadyAxum
Cosplay Chemist

I think lunch would be a good idea too
LadyAxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 07:32 PM   #836
RosyAristocracy
Spinzaku: WABAM.

Thank you to all the people in charge for clearing everything up, and letting me know the proper place to chat that I haven't been able to locate ^_^;
I'm really sorry if anything I have done has offended/angered those in charge in any way! ;_;

Also, if those in charge decide about the lunch meeting, unless friday happens to be the day it's on, I should be able to come ^_^
My cosplays: Ayase Yukiya (Okane Ga Nai), Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Oscar François de Jarjayes (The Rose of Versailles), Regene Regetta (Gundam 00), Eduard Wernicke (Absolute Obedience), Turkey/Sadik Adnan, sans-culottes!France, Spain, and Belgium (Hetalia), Oz Bezarius (Pandora Hearts), Kagome (Inuyasha)

Planned: Russia (Hetalia), femme America (Hetalia), 11th Doctor (Doctor Who), Ianto (Torchwood), Demeter (original design/Greek mythology)

Last edited by RosyAristocracy : 12-29-2006 at 09:46 PM.
RosyAristocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #837
Ma Moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedramage View Post
Sorry, peps that I haven't been on for a while. I'm using someone else's computer since my dsl modem crap out on me and now my computer trying to crap out me also.

As for the meeting Jan. 6 is to early to have another meeting. True most of the main officer's are not able attend at that date. An this is a busy month for everyone getting ready for ALA.
As for getting together at ALA. We would have to see what the schedule is. Getting together for lunch does sound like a very good idea, tho.
I don't know if i can make this meeting either. Westlake isn't exactly a little stroll drive. It's a toss up for me. As for the ALA lunch, I'm all up for that! I won't be busy that weekend since it's the weekend after finals! yay! And you guys would be able to meet my bf. He's going as Cloud too =) Umm, first of all, what are the specifics about the lunch meeting?
Unread 12-30-2006, 01:48 AM   #838
inuashley

By the way, just to totally clear things up, the meeting IS NOT going to be held at my house. If you do decide to come even though it's not going to be held there, I won't be there because I will be at Kurai's Art Expo thing in LT. XD So please don't come. ^_^
Unread 12-30-2006, 04:53 PM   #839
RosyAristocracy
Spinzaku: WABAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuashley View Post
By the way, just to totally clear things up, the meeting IS NOT going to be held at my house. If you do decide to come even though it's not going to be held there, I won't be there because I will be at Kurai's Art Expo thing in LT. XD So please don't come. ^_^
Ok! I'll make sure not to show up randomly, as much as it would be fun ^_^

I noticed that there aren't very many posts on the VCOS forums. Has anyone been on recently? I would like to talk with you all more than once a month. l _ l (Was that off topic?)
My cosplays: Ayase Yukiya (Okane Ga Nai), Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass), Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji), Oscar François de Jarjayes (The Rose of Versailles), Regene Regetta (Gundam 00), Eduard Wernicke (Absolute Obedience), Turkey/Sadik Adnan, sans-culottes!France, Spain, and Belgium (Hetalia), Oz Bezarius (Pandora Hearts), Kagome (Inuyasha)

Planned: Russia (Hetalia), femme America (Hetalia), 11th Doctor (Doctor Who), Ianto (Torchwood), Demeter (original design/Greek mythology)

Last edited by RosyAristocracy : 12-30-2006 at 04:55 PM.
RosyAristocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #840
hojou
Bring Me Peter Pan!

Theres very few post because everyone comes here.

Psn ID = Immortal_Bushi im usually playing mvc2
Facebook= brokenmud feel free to add.
hojou is offline   Reply With Quote