Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-23-2003, 12:03 AM   #46
Ali-kun
Ask a GENtern...
 
Ali-kun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 510
A-kon 13 ^^ The one pic I have of us is in my costumes gallery here at cosplay.com and on my website (actually, I have a few pics people took of just me but they all suck)
Ali-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 02-23-2003, 09:51 PM   #47
Chino-San
Pwetty Pwetty Crossplayer
 
Chino-San's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 519
You always gotta stick to the bishi's. Squall, Tidus (all desendants from Gackt) and spike. If you think going as the character and expect to be glomped then you got something coming to you. Because the key factor is if your good looking at least alittle bit. If you just butt ugly no fan girl will glomp you what so ever. Take a 40 year old spike with a beer belly. No fan girls wanna glomp him because he'll walk to the side and take some viaga and pop a jimmy. You get were I am getting to? Also cosplaying isn't only about getting glomped by fan girls.
Chino-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2003, 10:18 PM   #48
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling
 
Koumori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,952
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer
If you want to flock fangirls to a guy, try dressing him as a sexy cat-boy.
Ick.
__________________
2009 Conventions:
-Costume-Con
-Dragon*Con

www.suspiciouscloset.com
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #49
TsukiGuujin
Registered User
 
TsukiGuujin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,310
>>You always gotta stick to the bishi's. Squall, Tidus (all desendants from Gackt) and spike. If you think going as the character and expect to be glomped then you got something coming to you. Because the key factor is if your good looking at least alittle bit. If you just butt ugly no fan girl will glomp you what so ever. Take a 40 year old spike with a beer belly. No fan girls wanna glomp him because he'll walk to the side and take some viaga and pop a jimmy. You get were I am getting to? Also cosplaying isn't only about getting glomped by fan girls.


That is REALLY true, Chino-San. You have a major point there.

Some people, no matter WHAT costume they wear, will NOT be glomped.

And glomping is great, but that's not why we cosplay. I hope. X_X

~~Tsuki~~
TsukiGuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 09:06 PM   #50
yuffieleonheart
 
Posts: n/a
i agree with u
  Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 09:36 PM   #51
projectanime
Registered User
 
projectanime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 168
I like any guy who's dressed as a Bishonen^^ But I mean true bishy-boy, long hair and all!
projectanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2003, 10:00 PM   #52
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m
 
Maryssa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,605
#1: I dont think you should force someone else to dress up, especially as something they dont like; actually, I dont think you should force someone to do anything they dont want to do.

#2: I also think if he wants girls, he should go out and try talking to them normally. Outside of a convention. I think it's a little *cringe* shallow to want to cosplay just to get chicks. =/ Also keep in mind that most of the people that will be flocking to him will most likely be people he probably would not even want touching him.

I'm sorry, that just had to be said. =/

Is there a particular reason he wants to do this in the first place? Or perhaps I might have skimmed over it by accident?
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 03:25 AM   #53
Aoshi Shinomori
Bishounen Senshi
 
Aoshi Shinomori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,091
long hair and all.. hmm does that mean Sesshoumaru?
Aoshi Shinomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 05:57 AM   #54
Basic Beecicchi
Vice City Don
 
Basic Beecicchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally posted by Maryssa
Is there a particular reason he wants to do this in the first place? Or perhaps I might have skimmed over it by accident?
She. It looks like a challenge.

He might be shy or on a dare, yeah. Otherwise, if they weren't into it, this particular question would not have happened.
Basic Beecicchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 04:47 PM   #55
Medellia
Lazy Angel, Sweet Devil
 
Medellia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally posted by Maryssa
#1: I dont think you should force someone else to dress up, especially as something they dont like; actually, I dont think you should force someone to do anything they dont want to do.

#2: I also think if he wants girls, he should go out and try talking to them normally. Outside of a convention. I think it's a little *cringe* shallow to want to cosplay just to get chicks. =/ Also keep in mind that most of the people that will be flocking to him will most likely be people he probably would not even want touching him.

I'm sorry, that just had to be said. =/

Is there a particular reason he wants to do this in the first place? Or perhaps I might have skimmed over it by accident?
I agree with you about not making people do things they don't want to do, but he's letting me, just not liking it. Which really is no justification, but... I think of it as community service fan service ^~ The world needs another sexy Squall.

And he doesn't want lots of girls, we have a bet going as to whether that I can get girls to flock.
__________________

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
Second Skin: A Cosplay Site
http://students.washington.edu/medikiti

Heaven is where the angels live...
http://lazyangel.livejournal.com
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::
Medellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 08:30 PM   #56
animeandska
Otaku who likes ska
 
animeandska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 194
I am going to be Wolfwood- a cross punisher is fun to carry except a bit heavy- sun glasses hide eyes! *is getting pumped to be Wolfwood* It would nice to get an "ooo wolfwood!" Thats would b fine for me- so- lets all be happy and not beg for fangirls!
__________________
"オレは 一番に なりてーんだ!"
Oh and I will be one day, I will be number one-
animeandska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 08:39 PM   #57
Kiko-chan
pika pika no da! ^__^
 
Kiko-chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 32
I just have to note that I find this entire conversation ridiculously amusing. And go with bishies, but not overused costumes (i.e. Vash... I'm so sick of seeing those)
__________________
"I don't understand myself. I don't even want to try to understand others." ~Tsukasa .hack//SIGN episode 6 ^_^
Kiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 09:00 PM   #58
animeandska
Otaku who likes ska
 
animeandska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 194
wolfwood is over used- but easy to make -_-'
animeandska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 09:02 PM   #59
AnimeParty
President Of Anime Party
 
AnimeParty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 845
Tooya...Squall...Those kinda guys

Miyu: I agree Pretty Asian Boys!!!!!
AnimeParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 11:12 PM   #60
Amano Jyaku
Fun for the whole family!
 
Amano Jyaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 33
I'm hoping my Hayami - Blue Sub No. 6
and my Amano Jyaku - Urotsukidoji
will generate massive amounts of glomping at A-Kon.


Try to find something for your guy with a little more originality than the old FF standby.

<= Amano

Hayami =>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shark03.jpg (20.2 KB, 45 views)
__________________
Goth as F@ck
Amano Jyaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.