Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 03-06-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Patta

World of Warcraft costume help.

Hello!

I'm planning as cosplaying as a Tauren Druid to AX this year, but I need a little help...

Here's a picture for you.

My main problems are:

Hooves
Those things around the waist that I can't really identify.
Face.

And if there's anything else anyone wants to add, you're welcome to!

For the face, I'm just thinking about using some sort of paint to my face to make it seem a bit more fur-like, etc.

Thank you!
Patta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
LadyAxum
Cosplay Chemist

well I know there were a few threads about making hoofs a while ago.
here are a couple of links
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...highlight=hoof

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...highlight=hoof

also here
http://www.unicorn-dream.co.uk/hooves2.html

for the face you might look into making a latex mask or fur masks

hope that helps
LadyAxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
SuzukaZakuro

I have to agree with LadyAxum, if at all possible, it might look better to make a sort of mascot out of a Tauren because they're so big. That said, I've also seen one or two Tauren that looked alright with face paint.

The belt (or whatever it is) looks to me like it has some leaves similar to the ones on the shoulders and some silver disks, which I'd imagine are rather large. They could easily be made out of metallic looking paper or some creative use of cardboard, since using real metal might pose a problem when trying to attach it to a belt.

You might want to be careful with all of those horns, lol. If they're real, I don't know how kindly the convention staff would take to them. I mean, long, pointy things in a crowded convention area is sorta scary. Hope that helps a little bit! ^^
Unread 03-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #4
Aer
rawr

Oh man, I look foward to seeing that!

I would definitely go the mascot style costume route though. It'll be so much easier for you to get that cow face (haha) not to mention attach all the hair, mane, horns, etc etc.

For the belt, knowing WoW graphics, I assume the white is fur, then thats over leaves, then theres random big silver discs with designs on them hanging from underneath all that. Basically.
Aer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2006, 11:27 PM   #5
Gotham
Player One

Ditto on the mascot style head. To be perfectly honest I don't know how else you would attach a nose ring that big. http://www.fursuit.org/ might help with that.

As for the belt, you can probably just cover a regular belt in white fur and attach whatever fake leaves to it that you want to. For the discs, I would suggest making them out of sculpy or some other polymer clay and then painting it silver. Sculpy and the like dries super light so it should be easy to walk around in.

You HAVE to post pictures of this when you are done!
Gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Patta

I think I'm most likely going to take a more humanoid Tauren route (Horns, paint on the face done right, tail, hooves..) instead of a suit or mask or something. I feel like being an attention whore. ;D

Lady: Thank you so much for those links!

Suzuka: Haha. Gonna need to get one of those weapon permits just for the horns...

Aer: Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Gotham: Thank you for those ideas too, I'll definitely post pictures!

What I'm looking at doing right now for the hooves is to cut some hoof shapes out of wood, then maybe try to find a way to attach it to my feet while still being comfortable. Or, maybe I could get some sort of a slip that I could slide my shoes into? (Such as having one half of the hoof slip over the right side of my foot, and the other slipping over the left.) I don't know how well that would work, though. I guess I'll just have to see. Then again, this is an idea without REALLY looking a the links that Lady posted.

As for the belt, thank you for the ideas everyone! I'm pretty sure that I'm just going to go with Gotham's idea, as long as it isn't too expensive. It can't be too hard to make plate-shapes out of clay, right? (Now here's the part where I try it and it's really difficult. :P)

Since I'm probably going with face paint, I'm looking at painting most of my face that silver-white-ish color, with maybe some small streaks of that color except darker to symbolize fur. For my nose, I could try to paint the area around my nostrils black to make them seem larger, as well as a lighter silver color to symbolize the actual nose, you know? If anyone has any websites or tips or anything for face painting liek this, that would be really appreciated.

And for the last thing: The robe. What kind of material should I use? I'm looking for something that's thick, but not too thick, and can be sewed down to create that bulging pattern. Not too expensive, either.

Thank you for all your help!
Unread 03-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Patta

I don't know the rules on bumping, but...

Bump! ><
Unread 03-14-2006, 05:20 AM   #8
LadyAxum
Cosplay Chemist

The robe looks like it is quilted. so if you have a stronger sewing machine, you can get two pieces of your standard cotton quilting material (it comes in all sorts of colors) and put a little bit of the sheet batting between it then when you are all done, you can take it and through all three layers to get the effect.
LadyAxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #9
Lyndzi

I'm not sure about the costume...but it's allways cool to find a fellow warcraft player

I've got a 60 mage on lightbringer.
Lyndzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #10
sdm-777
God is in the T.V.

Heres a website. This guy is totaly AwSOMESTER at face painting.

I hope this helps.
http://www.wolfefx.com
sdm-777 is offline   Reply With Quote