Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Closed Thread
Unread 02-19-2003, 11:14 PM   #1
pookie-kun
neko-boy extraordinaire!

Video cams at the Rave

I saw several people wandering around the Rave with video cams.. are they anyone from here? Does anyone from here know them? Are any of them planning on digitizing footage and putting it online? ... whee caffeine @_@

Your daily dose of the reality that is my imagination.

Unread 02-20-2003, 05:48 AM   #2
diqitaldreams
Rock Lee Fangirl!

I saw several people but I don't think they are from this board. o.o; ... I think they're from somewhere else, but I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find them.
Unread 02-20-2003, 06:50 PM   #3
VoiclessChild
well when I'm dictator...

Hey! ........Uh, I was at the rave, though I didn't have a video cam...I was doing the glowstick poi thing. With the strings. ::glomp:: I know you! :oints:: You are the guy that looks like mason!

::Jade::
Unread 02-20-2003, 10:14 PM   #4
ki kuru kitty
Banned

I would never miss a rave, my entrace was a duel with Cloud. I was wearing a white shirt and black bondage pants. I love to dance. I do wonder if I can those people with cam put it on the internet. I'd love to watch.
Unread 02-20-2003, 10:23 PM   #5
Oshidori
Jesus is my homeboy!

we didn't really get to duel!! Too bad i got all dehydrated and passing out and stuff

That cloud guy was mad cool...at least we started our own li'l circle for a while!

Leela: Bender, maybe you can interface with the Femputer and
reprogram it to let them go?
Bender: Maybe you can interface with my ass... by biting it!
Unread 02-20-2003, 10:36 PM   #6
pookie-kun
neko-boy extraordinaire!

Oh, I didn't really do poi ^^; and apparently yes, i look like mason.. but im not mason god dammit :P
Unread 02-21-2003, 03:38 AM   #7
Paxus
house is the music.

how did everybody like the dance anyway? Just curious, I love to get feedback and try to make my dances better in any way. I dj'ed with Rob this dance, we'll be doing AMA next i think. -@ndrew
Unread 02-21-2003, 03:47 AM   #8
pookie-kun
neko-boy extraordinaire!

I loved the dance! A few -very- minor complaints I had, however: the average bpm seemed a little high. That's just a personal preference of mine, though. It seemed to be hovering around 130-140.. and i'm more comfortable around 120. I adapted pretty well, though. Second complaint is just a personal preference as well.. and that's all the ddr that was played I like ddr just fine.. just in the arcade and not on the actual dance floor ^^;

Were you guys spinning off of computers or vinyl?

edit: Oh - a general request in terms of anime conventions.. there are some REALLY cool trance mixes of jpop out there. A few notable albums are Globe's "Global Trance" album and the Cyber TRANCE release of ELT TRANCE (an album of really really good trance remixes of Every Little Thing songs)... Just thinking that some trance mixes of some japanese music would be really appropriate at raves like this one
Unread 02-21-2003, 05:50 AM   #9
Paxus
house is the music.

thanks for the feedback : ). As far as my selection went, i played a good deal of move, some j-trance, alot of video game remixes, and some classics. Yeah the bpm was high, definetly. We were using high-end pioneer cd decks. Btw, if you ever have anything you'd like to hear at any dance, track me down before the dance, give me a chance to hear it, and i'll gladly drop it. We did play a good chunk of ddr, but mostly because we have alot of requests for it, and people like to dance to stuff they know. I think over the course of the nite, we got ddr heavy in certain areas, but pretty balanced. thanks for the feedback and song advice. -@ndrew
Unread 02-21-2003, 06:04 AM   #10
pookie-kun
neko-boy extraordinaire!

Sure thing. Do you have a playlist of what you played by any chance? Sorry if I seem to be asking a lot of questions.. I'm looking to try and get off the dance floor into the DJ booth
Unread 02-21-2003, 06:18 AM   #11
Paxus
house is the music.

nope, its really a blur really unless i record it. : / I can tell you that my mixing is a heckofalot better when i have monitors within a decent distance to my ears. I know we played at least 3 star wars remixes, move, a whole slew of Oc remixes, some ddr, a lil bit of darude, brooklyn bounce, Safri Duo (Yuzo Koshiro mixes), some beatmania, some bust-a-move, cmjk, jet set radio, two mix, ayumi, and alot of j-trance i couldn't get to because of not being handed it til 30 mins before the dance. Honestly, alot of controlling a dance that size is in reading the crowd and trying to work requests overall in your gameplan. The hardest part is trying to know what the majority of what people want. I know some people who will ask for very very slow stuff, or stuff that doesn't even get close to being involved in anime/video games/geekdom. Are you going to AMA? -@ndrew
Unread 02-21-2003, 06:26 AM   #12
pookie-kun
neko-boy extraordinaire!

Nope, my next con up is Animazement :/
Unread 02-21-2003, 06:33 AM   #13
Paxus
house is the music.

Hmm well all i can say is do your best to build up a large cd collection, go for things that you know you must have first, then build to a larger collection of things that people tell you to listen to. Really the best anime con dances in my opinion have a mix of video game music, video game remixes, anime remixes, j-pop, j-trance, j-rock (if you can pull it off), some well known stuff, and geek stuff to round it out. I went out on a limb with some stuff, but i think we did pretty decently this time around. My next dance might be anime boston, but it looks like it'll be Balticon, then Anime Mid-Atlantic. -@ndrew
Unread 02-21-2003, 06:37 AM   #14
pookie-kun
neko-boy extraordinaire!

You pulled it off great I enjoyed it muchly. *glances at the con schedule* I might make it to AMA, but it depends on whether or not I spend the summer out in SoCal or not.
Unread 02-21-2003, 06:40 AM   #15
Paxus
house is the music.

Coo. Track me down at the con, i'll gladly show you my setup and take any requests prior to the dance. : ) -@ndrew
Closed Thread