Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Sakura Con

Unread 03-19-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
J_Krolak

Weather Forecast

With Sakura Con less than a week away, the long range weather forecast for that weekend is starting to come in. Sadly the verdict is.... RAIN, with termperatures staying between low 40F to 50F.
http://www.weather.com/weather/extended/USWA0395?par=earthlink&site=www.earthlink.com&prom o=extendedforecast&cm_ven=Earthlink&cm_cat=www.ear thlink.com&cm_pla=WeatherDetails&cm_ite=CityPage

Seattle weather can be notoriously fickle and subject to change on a whim, so we can hope it will improve.

But for those of you who will be going to the outlying hotels, please plan accordingly to protect your costumes.

Unread 03-19-2006, 03:28 AM   #2
Blackjack Gabbi
Merely a Collector

I've got an umbrella that goes with one of my costumes, so that's not a problem.

(dude, it's glow-in-the-dark butterflies with an Oikawa costume. If you know the series, trust me, it goes)
Blackjack Gabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 05:00 AM   #3
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Aw, that sucks. Not the rain...it's expected this time of year, and it would be foolish to walk around Seattle in spring without an umbrella, especially in nice clothing. But the temperature...I had hoped it would be a little warmer. I've got a couple of blocks to walk, and I really don't want to carry a coat at the con.

I just hope it isn't too windy. I really don't want to walk around a cold, windy Seattle in a short skirt...and it's pleated, so too strong a wind...ugh.

Maybe I'll wear sweatpants underneath and change out of them at the con. They wouldn't take up too much room in my bag.

It does usually get nice on Sunday, though, doesn't it? *crosses fingers* This'll be my fourth year, and I seem to remember Sundays usually being sunny. Even my first year, in '03, which was held April 4-6. Not too much later than this year.

AE/Kumori Con
Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke); Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2); Shura!Sakura, Jade!Syaoran (Tsubasa: RC); Kokon (Kon Kon Kokon)
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:40 PM   #4
J_Krolak

Sunday -- maybe

We will get a more accurate picture of the weather as we get closer to the convention, but right now Sunday appears scheduled to live up to its name. Hopefully the strom will move through more quickly and we'll be able to get some decent outdoor pictures as the convention center terraces have lots of flowers this time of the year, with the local cherry trees and tulips in planter.
Unread 03-20-2006, 01:33 AM   #5
Heat
I want a new world...

Prays to the forces that be for better weather then predicted...It didn't look to bad today...But that was today...Grrrrrr...The one time you actually want the weather man to be wrong!
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2006, 05:29 AM   #6
Zipo
Saavisu ga suki nano?

Shoot, it's going to be unpleasant walking from my room to the convention center in costume if it rains... I guess I will be employing my golf umbrella, mwahaha!! God bless the game of golf, and the rainy day equipment it bestows upon us Pacific Northwesterners.... ^_^

I will probably be staying indoors for most of Saturday, from the sound of it. Hoping for sun may be too optimistic, so instead I'm going to hope for clear skies during those occasional breaks when I have to walk to and from my hotel room...
Zipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
J_Krolak

Sunshine going away....

On the positive side the weather man appears to be wrong.
On the negative side, the weekend forecast is deteriorating. Sunny Sunday appears to be going away as the percentage chance of rain is going up. Fortunately, the temperature range is also increasing.

How to tell it's spring in the Pacific Northwest, the rain is warmer.
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:06 AM   #8
Heat
I want a new world...

Maybe if we wish the rain to go away for these three days...it will

Lame and Improbable Yes!

But I'll be damned if I don't wish the weather to be nice!
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2006, 03:58 AM   #9
Zipo
Saavisu ga suki nano?

I vote we wish for the crappiest weather possible in the next two days!! Maybe if it's bad enough, it'll get all that rain out of its system before we all leave for the con......
Zipo is offline   Reply With Quote