Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Connecticon

Unread 03-20-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
Spindash54
Future Light

How popular is Connecticon?

I've looked through the site and just found info on registration for this year. I'm trying to find some info on how well last year went.

Anyone have some pictures or stories about how it went, what was there, how big it was etc.
Spindash54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Dagger
Oooh, soft.

I've been to every CCon so far. It started out pretty small, but it grows every year. Last year there were quite a few people there, and it was a large and great location for a con. I mean, it's not quite as big as Anime Boston or Otakon but it's definitely a good size con, and it's a lot of fun.

As for pictures, you can check here at the CCon forums: http://www.connecticon.org/forums/showthread.php?t=556

Hope I could be of any help. ^_^
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
tmchiba
Attempting cosplay.

As another person who's been to each of the three CTCon's...yeah it was small..then the second year it got larger...then it moved to the Con Center and really exploded in my opinion.

Yeah Anime Boston and Otakon is bigger.

However...frankly if Anime Boston and Otakon aren't bigger they would be having problems since Otakon is the top con on the east coast and Anime Boston has Boston as a location.

Otakon's a solid con with a lot of good guests and a very solid cosplaying base. A lot of good events, lot of good people there.

It's not like 3 people standing around hehe.

Hopefully even more pictures will get posted.
Unread 04-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
Michieru
Guru Of Magick

Thumbs up

I've been attending since it first started and as a volunteer/cosplayer/attendee, I can tell you many great things happen here. The dealers certainly get better here each year along with the cosplay events, dances each night, games including NERO, LARPS, DDR, and all sorts of things.

This year is suppose to be better than ever now that we're hosting it again at the new convention center. Its so much better there because we always have plenty of space there. Hope to see you there!!!
Unread 04-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

>< I take that as in insolt! "it's not like three people sit around all day" geez thanks.

J/k ^.^

but yah how many people did go to ct con?
[quote=tmchiba]It's not like 3 people standing around hehe.

QUOTE]
Hiro_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
sakuya bites
lolz

Yeah, I'm very curious as to how big this convention really is.
I've heard good things, but, knowing how many people to expect would be terrific.

cosplays
Mamimi [FLCL] 85%
Cat [NEDM] 20%
Blue [Wolf's Rain] 70%
Admiral Ackbar (miniskirt) [Star Wars] 30%
Tenten [Naruto] 50%

sakuya bites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 03:44 AM   #7
thehappyguy

Numbers by the years (slightly rounded):

2003 = 800 attendees
2004 = 1800 attendees
2005 = 2800 attendees
2006 = we're expecting around 3500 attendees this year
thehappyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #8
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

well we are farly new unlike Anime Boston who's been around for a while longer.
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Unread 04-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #9
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro_01
well we are farly new unlike Anime Boston who's been around for a while longer.
Huh? Anime Boston's first year was 2003, the same year as Connecticon's first event.

...but AB2003 was in April and Connecticon 2003 was in July, so technically AB has been around longer, I guess.
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #10
Hiro_01
"haha moo"-Kakashi

...but AB2003 was in April and Connecticon 2003 was in July, so technically AB has been around longer, I guess.

yep, that's what i met! thanks ^_^;
L100%
Jessy:100%
Ed-100%
Adding a new con to the list! Bakuraketsu, Anime Boston, CT con (hopefully they'll be more in the summer if i can pay for them all)
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #11
LordAhsayuni
Sasoriza no Onna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickD
Huh? Anime Boston's first year was 2003, the same year as Connecticon's first event.

how come EVERYONE says that AB has been around longer, when it really hasnt been. People never seem to think before they speek -_-.. and w00t w00t to Patrick D! Thank you for AB!

connecticon isnt bad persay, but it hasnt appealed to the same amount of people as AB. Connecticon is a few thousand shorter, and the pannels arent as great, but people are very friendly... I found myself last year with plenty of free time, while at AB theres so much more going on at once, you cant fint ten minutes of rest! ALSO, connecticon is NOT an Anime convention, it is an anime/sci fi con... which means you have both breed of dork mixed in the same fishbowl. I dunno, but the anime fans tend not to blend well with the sci fi fans... (although that doesnt mean each group arent nice)

anyone remember random cape dude from last year? he was this dude with this huge cape/cloak, and he would run down the halls and turn corners quickly just so youd see his cape flip around lol... randomness...

as far as location, AB is a ton better. Its connected to the sheraton hotel and the prudential center (mall), not to mention its in downtown boston with tons of stuff to do all around you and great places to eat. the convention center that connecticon uses is not connected to a hotel or mall, and there arent any close food places, so its a bit more inconvenient. I had a hotel that was about 8 miles away from the center, but the hotel was nice enough to offer free shuttle rides to and from the center (at reasonable times).
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:48 AM   #12
PatrickD
As seen in Dramacon vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAhsayuni
how come EVERYONE says that AB has been around longer, when it really hasnt been. People never seem to think before they speek -_-..
AB has been around longer. AB2003 was April. ConnectiCon 2003 was July.
I was merely pointing out earlier that it hasn't been around "a while longer".
Use AnimeCons.com and the AnimeCons.com Forums to find anime cons near you!
PatrickD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
LordAhsayuni
Sasoriza no Onna!

sorry for not clarifying... i wasnt going by 'birthday' but by years of experience...