Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 12-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #1
xeph14

Warning: Ayase shin cosplay

This is a scam alert for Ayase Shin Cosplay
So i commissioned a DMC3 vergil cosplay on January 2014 for a convention in march. She said she will make the deadline, but as it was getting closer to March she started working on a sailor venus commission and left mine alone. i forgot the reason but then i decided on a new deadline in September. did not make it again, you think i would learn but no. now we are back to March 2015 still nothing, September 2015 still nothing. I did my research on her and she seamed cool to work with but no, not after a year+ with so many missed deadlines. so i told her to work as much as you can and just send it to me finished or not in October 2015. simple right no, so i told her on skype that i will spam her until she responds about the shipping day. she deleted me from skype, wont answer emails, i tried one of her friends in which they responded to " i dont listen to threats" since when is the last time a review is a threat. Anyway i lost all contact with her and paypal and my bank where trying really hard to help me out ( shout outs to them) but no results. so basically she has taken 295$ from me. The funny thing is if you go to her website you can see my wig on display as an example on what she can do, i circled it. This is the short version with all the important parts in it. Now i dont know if i want to try with another commissioner and make it myself, in which i have no time with two jobs and full time school. i did my research only to be let down. So what can other people take from this. that will be know your recharge polices for both paypal and your bank. its to late for me but i hope others dont hold on to hope with a commissioner other wise you will end up like me. good day and happy new years peoples.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (172.0 KB, 0 views)
xeph14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-31-2015, 01:53 PM   #2
Kiramay
Filthy Casual

There have been some sketchy stuff about Ayashe Shin Cosplay. I've been contacted by her a few times on commissions I put ads out for but the reviews were always shaky so I avoided her. I remember seeing some threads about some commissions gone wrong. In the Commissioner Review 2.0 thread she does have one grade of F- given for a similar situation. I would leave a review for her on the Commissioner Review Thread 2.0 following their guidelines so that others can easily locate your review before working with her.
On the other hand it was probably a poor choice for you to threaten to spam her until she responds. It is not a very professional way to handle the situation. In the future the only thing you can really do is (like you did) contact PayPal and your bank and politely ask the commissioner about status updates regularly enough to keep you on their mind xD. I do not believe it is ever a good idea to straight out say you're going to spam them - because of course they're going to delete/block you. Anyone would. She has certainly wronged you but it's never a good idea to go with an attitude of burning bridges because you are much less likely to get results or ever see your commission/money at that rate. I hope your situation is able to be resolved somehow!
Princess Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
Shirayuki (Snow White with the Red Hair)
Kiramay is offline   Reply With Quote