Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 08-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #1
Delve

Commisioned Cosplay Was Shipped then Stolen

I honestly, did not believe I would ever have to write about this here after what everyone has gone through in this section.

I bought my second costume online ever and it was shipped to me on time but it was stolen minutes after it was delivered while I was home! I spoke to the USPS carrier about it and she explained several things: she left it at the apartment lobby because there was no signature required, second she would have shoved it in my box but there was too much air in the un-tearable packaging. I reached out to the seller and asked to file an insurance claim considering the item is over $100+ dollars...something tells me insurance wasn't done because she wanted me to file it with the carrier and they would only say the same thing anyways. Luckily I paid with paypal so I am hoping this gets resolved soon. I really can't blame anyone on this other than the thief that made away with my Ruby Rose cosplay that I was planning on wearing at AC.

Lesson here is to mail it properly and it will be delivered properly the price of the item is a no brainer to put it in as insured mail.

Anime California & PMX 2015
RWBY
Black Lagoon

Anime North 2016:
Pokemon
Wolf's Rain

Anime Expo 2016:
Dmmd
KH3
Vocaloid
Gate

CLCG: Online California Local Cosplay Group
Delve is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #2
Delve

Update, the commissioner wants to bill me $20 dollars on top of the $106 that I paid to mail another one.

RWBY
Black Lagoon

Anime North 2016:
Pokemon
Wolf's Rain

Anime Expo 2016:
Dmmd
KH3
Vocaloid
Gate

Unread 08-17-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
Delve

After opening a paypal dispute it got serious and I even got a phone call and she apologized for not placing insurance on the item she said its only done on items valued $200 and that I should have requested insurance--wtf. I told her I would close it once I get a new tracking #.

RWBY
Black Lagoon

Anime North 2016:
Pokemon
Wolf's Rain

Anime Expo 2016:
Dmmd
KH3
Vocaloid
Gate

Unread 08-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #4
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delve View Post
After opening a paypal dispute it got serious and I even got a phone call and she apologized for not placing insurance on the item she said its only done on items valued $200 and that I should have requested insurance--wtf. I told her I would close it once I get a new tracking #.
Well, her saying that about her products isn't too far fetched, there are quite a few commissioners that won't automatically put insurance on something if it's below a certain price range.
Sometimes you'll get lucky and get someone super nice that puts insurance on everything but it's always good just to ask about all of that up front when shipping comes into play.

Regardless, I hate that this happened to you.
I don't really know why someone would feel the need to steal a package that doesn't even belong to them...
I wonder how they felt when they opened it and realized that it was just a costume and not really something they can truly make profit from.

I really hope that you find a way to work something out with PayPal.
Your scenario is actually the first I've heard where your package was stolen versus just not showing up at all.
Keep us updated!

*Strawberry Shortcake - Sakizou - 20% Complete! Outfit is done!♥
*Rococo Princess - Sakizou - In the designing phase!

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s):
*Human!Charlotte the Witch - Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Worn to Animazement 2015!

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
*Animazement - 2015

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2015, 07:28 PM   #5
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Insurance or not, file a claim with USPS. The Postmaster General takes theft and fraud seriously and even without insurance, they still want to know where theft is taking place. Also call the police because that shit is in your own building. That's not just "woe, I lost my costume," that's criminal theft that the police should look into.

Whether or not you get a new one from the commissioner is moot - if she didn't ship it Priority (which only has 50 bucks guaranteed insurance but it's better than nothing) then yeah it's sort of on her but it's also sort of not. It's on the thief. If anything, she should be as outraged as you that thieves are getting away with stealing packages in your apartment complex. You should call the cops and your landlord to resolve this, not the commissioner.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote