Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Unread 03-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
ssgtdude

youmacon

Anyone heard of this convention being held in Troy? Been to it last year, or know if it is even worth the time and effort to register in advance?

http://www.youmacon.com/

Unread 03-31-2006, 06:16 PM   #2
vannadear

I went last year, it was muchly fun! It was their first year so some upsets are expected

Upcoming Conventions
Shuto-con [March 2011]~Motor City Comic Con {May 2011}~Detroit Fanfare [Sept 2011]~Youmacon {Oct 2011}
vannadear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
Tomberry
Hat Puncher

Hee. I helped run it ^_^ It's a lot of fun from what I was able to visit.
Tomberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #4
shinji_hiroshi
Slytherins Snake Queen

I went last year, it's well worth it to pre-reg. I had a great time, but it would have been better if my one friend didn't invite this one girl to our mini group.(had a spilting headake by the end of the day)

A lot of us are sort of hopeing Vic who does Edward Elric's voice will return. I hope he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtdude
Anyone heard of this convention being held in Troy? Been to it last year, or know if it is even worth the time and effort to register in advance?

http://www.youmacon.com/
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:47 AM   #5
Random Karen
Sound Effects Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji_hiroshi

A lot of us are sort of hopeing Vic who does Edward Elric's voice will return. I hope he does.
Vic has stated that he had a wonderful time at Youmacon and would love to come back. Caitlin has also said this. I would love it if they could as it was a lot of fun hanging out with them, especially in the less crowded setting that this convention offers. They didn't get mobbed as much. (I hope they can come to Jafax in June, as they expressed an interest, but that event is REALLY small) I'm not sure I'll be in the area when November rolls around, but if I am I will probably go. I can't say it was full of exciting things to do, or had a big dealers room (which it didn't), but if you like just hanging out and being laid back, it's really nice.

Planned: Tira Misu - Sorcerer Hunters, Kokonoe - BlazBlue

Possibles: Tifa; Natsume; UK; Asch; Hino Kahoko; Wolfram, Princess Tamina - Prince of Persia
Random Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2006, 02:53 AM   #6
shinji_hiroshi
Slytherins Snake Queen

lol Good! I want to see the movie again he was in, I rather enjoyed it. I do have to agree with you about the over crowed bit.
I just hope if I get a hotel room with my group(still need to get one or two more females to room with) that we don't get stuck next to a group of wild animals.
I like to stay up, but if I'm taking my red kimono to wear and have to apply face paint for an hour and other stuff I'll want some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Karen
Vic has stated that he had a wonderful time at Youmacon and would love to come back. Caitlin has also said this. I would love it if they could as it was a lot of fun hanging out with them, especially in the less crowded setting that this convention offers. They didn't get mobbed as much. (I hope they can come to Jafax in June, as they expressed an interest, but that event is REALLY small) I'm not sure I'll be in the area when November rolls around, but if I am I will probably go. I can't say it was full of exciting things to do, or had a big dealers room (which it didn't), but if you like just hanging out and being laid back, it's really nice.
Unread 04-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #7
ngsilver
Nat-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtdude
Shall I just say that I like many of us helped to run Youmacon last year. It was quite fun for what I got to see, which unfortunatly wasn't much other then the AMV stuff I ran ^^()

Nat-chan's AMV Distro
http://videos.ngsilver.com
ngsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #8
Countess Lenore
Para Princess!

Just a general observation, but does anyone else find it a bit strange that the last day of Youmacon this year happens to fall on Guy Fawkes Day^^
Lenore's wench status is..............Official Wench, #2995!
It's better to fight on your feet than to live on your knees
http://cl-sales.livejournal.com/ Check out my selling journal for different fandom items for sale!
Countess Lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #9
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

Hmm... Not sure I understand the implication, Countess...
mgperkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2006, 09:34 PM   #10
Countess Lenore
Para Princess!

Guy Fawkes Day (also known as Bonfire Night) is when everyone in Great Britian has huge bonfires to remember the day when Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the parliment and kill the king. I don't know, for some strange reason I just found that ironic^^
Lenore's wench status is..............Official Wench, #2995!
It's better to fight on your feet than to live on your knees
http://cl-sales.livejournal.com/ Check out my selling journal for different fandom items for sale!
Countess Lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #11
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

Wow...that is somewhat strange. LOL! XD Maybe we can have our own reenactment of that day and pretend to take ocer youmacon in a non-violent way...^_^6 JK
Unread 04-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #12
mgperkow
Machines bow before me...

LOL... A bunch of people tried to take over Youmacon last year. But the same people are still running it, so long live the establishment, eh? ;-)
mgperkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #13
Medieval
WTF smiley guy

Family and I went to Youmacon as well. We really enjoyed ourselves.

We plan to attend again this year.
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2006, 01:55 AM   #14
ZioHazard

Morgan since I cannot remember your member name here is my post so that 'you' can pm me. since I can nvr remember peoples names on forums.
ZioHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #15
Tomberry
Hat Puncher

Ah yes, Guy Fawkes...I recall that name ^_^ I believe V for Vendetta is inspired by him.
Tomberry is offline   Reply With Quote