Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Youmacon

Unread 05-23-2006, 08:01 PM   #31
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

Of course! And I'll be doing whatever possible or needed to help out on the art chores once more as well... there was such a great reaction to last year's badges.

Unread 05-24-2006, 05:47 AM   #32
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

I will be coming back as a sponsor since I'm not old enough to help. I really enjoyed Youmacon and I still have my badge from last year! I can't wait for it to come around again.
Unread 05-24-2006, 06:07 AM   #33
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

lol i still have my badge too. i wish i could help out but i'm not old enough >.<

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Uchihacest69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #34
kira_elric
Enforcing Satisfaction

I personally thought YoumaCon ROCKED last year and I am impatiently patiently awaiting this years. As for Vic, he also expressed to me that he would like to come back, and I have to be there for him. I'm assuming since "I loved Youmacon, and I hope to see you next year (YOU'D BETTER BE THERE!!!)" was written in one of the e-mails he sent me.

I hope to see everyone at Youmacon and Jafax! I'm glompable so if you see me, go ahead!

Love ya guys!
~kira~

(I'd love to help out with the con too if anyone wants me. I still have my badge as well (it's hanging up right next to me ^^;; Send me a message about the helping thing...I should start bugging people)

Last edited by kira_elric : 06-03-2006 at 10:09 PM.
kira_elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #35
Magical_Sheep
Sheep Mage

I plan to attend this year (my first year, since I had to work that weekend last year ._.) and I really hope that Vic and Caitlin come. Iunno, it just seems like a bigger version of JAFAX, but with an entry fee. ^_^; Not a bad thing, understand.
Magical_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #36
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

Trust me, a whole different beast then Jafax... Wirh Jafax.. you get what you pay for.
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #37
Magical_Sheep
Sheep Mage

Actually, I've yet to get disappointed with JAFAX. I've been going since 7 (11 being this year), and I like the feeling of an intimate, small con. The people (especially the staff, but I may be a wee bit biased) are great, and while they don't pull in huge names, everyone knows everyone else. I like that. Who knows, maybe Youmacon will change my mind, but I won't abandon or bad-mouth the first con I've been to. OH! And good to hear that someone at least is going to JAFAX, Kira. It almost seems like it doesn't get as much credit as it really does deserve *looks up at the previous post*
Magical_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #38
Uiizaru-hime
Princess of Weazuls

I plan to try to make it to YoumaCon this year; it all depends on if I can find someone to share room cost with. with a bit of luck some fellow Great Lake State members of an online group I help mod will be able to set up plans so that them and I can all share room cost. I will be making it to JAFAX at the very least, but I hope to actually make it to YoumaCon as well, as I've never been to an honest to gods con you have to pay to attend before.

cosplay stats:
Blue: 100% (JAFAX 06)
Rinslet: 100% (JAFAX 06)
Blue v 2.1: 100% (JAFAX 07)
JAFAX 07 Day 1 Cosplay: 95% (need wig still)
Uiizaru-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 08:26 PM   #39
ngsilver
Nat-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical_Sheep
Actually, I've yet to get disappointed with JAFAX. I've been going since 7 (11 being this year), and I like the feeling of an intimate, small con. The people (especially the staff, but I may be a wee bit biased) are great, and while they don't pull in huge names, everyone knows everyone else. I like that. Who knows, maybe Youmacon will change my mind, but I won't abandon or bad-mouth the first con I've been to. OH! And good to hear that someone at least is going to JAFAX, Kira. It almost seems like it doesn't get as much credit as it really does deserve *looks up at the previous post*
I've never been to Jafax, however I've known about it longer then I've known about ACEN and Sugoi-con (being the two cons I wanted to goto since I was in 10th grade), and as such this year will be the first year I will be able to attend. However, I wouldn't call Jafax a con, as it isn't a convention. Jafax itself doesn't lable themselves as a con, but this year as an Expo, and last year as an Event. There are differences between these three definitions, one of them being an entry fee, and the rest have been discussed elsewhere and I really don't feel like bogging this thread down with them.

Nit-picking aside, I hope to enjoy myself at Jafax, but like every con or event I attend, I wont know till I go. And I know Youma will be a blast, partly because I'm setting up TONS of fun AMV events ^^ so yeah, some bias there ^^ I just hope I wont be too dead after Reactor and Sugoi... considering all three cons are only a week apart ^^()

Nat-chan's AMV Distro
http://videos.ngsilver.com
ngsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:41 PM   #40
youjik33

I couldn't make it to Youmacon last year but I really hope to be able to this year. It all depends on if I can afford it or if Otakon drains me too much, heh. I guess I'll find out.

Shutocon (April 5-7, Lansing, Michigan)
JAFAX (June 22-23, Allendale, Michigan)
Otakon (August 9-11, Baltimore, Maryland)
youjik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 07:38 AM   #41
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

Ya have a good 3-4 months for recooperation between Otakon and Youmacon...^_^
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #42
WannaCosplay

would you say this is bigger or smaller than jafax? (the hotel it's in doesn't look very big)
WannaCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #43
shinji_hiroshi
Slytherins Snake Queen

Personally I think it was a big con and good for a 1st time convention. As for room and such. I wish it could be bigger, but they convention staff hope to get a bigger area to use as time goes on.
That and I like the fact it's only a 46 minute to an hour drive for me from where I live.
Unread 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM   #44
Uiizaru-hime
Princess of Weazuls

as much as I want to make it I'm gonna have to wait a month or two to see if I can afford it. since there were some really kickass goodie tables at JAFAX this year I spent a little more than I intended ^_^; if my hours at work don't get cut again I can make it, if they do I'm gonna have to miss it again.

cosplay stats:
Blue: 100% (JAFAX 06)
Rinslet: 100% (JAFAX 06)
Blue v 2.1: 100% (JAFAX 07)
JAFAX 07 Day 1 Cosplay: 95% (need wig still)
Uiizaru-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #45
ReiHari
Fuzzy Bumpkin

I live right in the area, so you bet I'll be going! I'm psyced, since it's my first con. I'll be going as a Pichu, so if you see a Pichu fursuit, stop by and say hai! I'm willing to meet new cosplay buddies! ^^ And I'll most likely make it a yearly thing If I like it.

Upcoming cosplays:
Fuu (Sam.Champloo)
Chrona (SE)
Stage 2!Medusa (SE)
Surpise! (pokemon)
ReiHari is offline   Reply With Quote