Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 06-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #16
Jekka
such a friggin uke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth
I don't think there are any. There might be a few small gatherings in Morioka or Sendai (Miyagi-ken), but big conventions? Those are all down south. I have a friend in Iwate, and he complains about the lack as well, so unfortunately you'll have to make the trip down.

I know there will be small gatherings (a city in my prefecture has them), but I don't know how to find out about it at all.

Good luck! I know what it's like - I'm in Aomori (but leaving this fall).
Ditto to that - I haven't been able to find any events in the past year of living in Sapporo, Hokkaido (yay north!). It's fun to listen to everyone get excited about Tokyo and Osaka, though, I suppose.

--> EDIT: Although just having come home from YOSAKOI, I gotta say: I love Sapporo. I love it so much.
soran soran SORAN SORAN!

Last edited by Jekka : 06-11-2006 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Afterthought!
Jekka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2006, 05:50 AM   #17
ShoujoKitsune
gender bending foxgirl

This is maybe a bit off topic, but I plan on convincing my parents to let me
study in Japan this year and I have a question about Japanese dress code
policy. I am transgender and prefer to dress like a girl, but would I be
allowed to wear a girl's uniform?
Unread 06-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #18
Splenda
Only a dream...

Hello! I'll be studying at Kansai Gaidai this fall, in Hirakata, in the Osaka prefecture. Luckily, I'm right between Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe, although I imagine it is still a distance to any of those cities. Is there anyone around that region? Also, any cosplay events during the fall I could attend? Thanks for the help!

Working on: Marle [Chrono Trigger], Chie [Persona 4], Hikaru [Rayearth]
Splenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #19
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

Eh. Since everyone else is posting about going to Japan, I will too XD

In July '07 I'll be moving to Tokyo... I'm currently working on getting into Sophia University. (Hopefully i'll find a few other english colleges there that offer business degrees.. so I'll have more of a chance of getting into one <.< (Any help is appriciated in finding more english colleges (ones that offer some english courses) for business).

EDIT: Nevermind on finding a college XD I found 2 I'm going to apply to when possible.
-Militarystuck - (Meulin (Homestuck)
-3rd cosplay pending...

Will be at A-Kon 25!
Cosplays:
-All cosplays pending....

Facebook - DeviantArt - Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)

Last edited by DeathOfSoul : 08-08-2006 at 03:57 PM.
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2006, 05:04 AM   #20
aoisakura
=^._.^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoujoKitsune
Depends how old you are I guess if you are over the school age and its university etc you are attending, its no uniform so there is no problems with that.....

And if you are younger and are required to wear an uniform if you are legally female then I'm guessing they will let you wear the girls uniform bt if not I'm not very sure as Japanese can be funny about those kind of things and might ask you to wear the male uniform... >_<
Unread 08-09-2006, 08:52 PM   #21
AngelaChibaYuy

Woo I'm also attending Kansai Gaidai for this year. I leave the 21 to spend a week in Tokyo beforehand. I hope to make it to Comiket in the winter and any others I can find.

Anyone know if there are any sort of gatherings in the Osaka/kyoto area? It'd be fun to go to one. Though truthfully Japanese otaku frighten me in their extremes from what i've heard of them. That's probably because anime and manga are so deep part of Japanese culture that those who are specific fans of it are just... really obsessed.

Also Nyao, you wouldn't happen to go to Ualbany would you? There's ahuge group from there that goes to Kansai this year and just curious...

~Alita~
AngelaChibaYuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2006, 08:41 PM   #22
amazingT

Re:

Hi everyone!! I am new here and have only been into cosplay for about a year and a half! Right now I am BIG on comic book characters and will be moving to Okinawa for alittle while. I guess I will have to travel to mainland Japan for a Con, but I am up for it. I have always enjoyed anime, but I am a bigger Marvel and DC comic fan!(No offense to anyone!) There are a few characters I'd like to do. I hope they receive Spiderman okay, cause I have about 4 different Spider-man suits! If anyone can offer any info about Okinawa please do.

Thanks

Spider-man (Spider-man 3 red/blue movie version)
Black Panther (Marvel Comics version)
Green Lantern (John Stewart, JLU cartoon version)
Cyborg (Smallville TV show version)
White Ranger (MMPR TV show version)
Spider-man (Amazing Spider-man 2012 movie version)
amazingT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 04:32 AM   #23
SycoTik
Ani-Winning!

hmmmm, I'm supposed to be going to Tokyo, Japan in April for my birthday aorund the week of April 25th next year. I'd like some info on places to go, conventions happening if any, and other things since it will be my first out there as well.
Anime Expo 2014
hopefully ComicCon 2014
SycoTik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2006, 12:40 PM   #24
aoisakura
=^._.^=

If you like anime stuffs Ikebukuro is good near Sunshine Tower theres a massive Animate (Bigger then the one in Akiba that one was pretty crappy) and other Doujin/cosplay shops (Which actually sell costumes outside Maid outfits) I dunno why noone told me when I went ; ;/ Esp female fangirls should go to Ikebukuro there are about 5 Doujinshi shops dedicated to For females genre (XD)
Unread 11-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #25
Hansuke
Inoue Michiyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoujoKitsune
Transgender as in changed your sex or transgender as in going to change your sex? Or Transgender as in the wrong term known as "Crossdresser"?
If you have changed your sex, eg. being a Female now. Then yes, you should be allowed to wear the Female uniform. If your a male, see Crossdresser.

I hope that was answer enough and I hope it didn't sound offending.
Hansuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 09:26 AM   #26
ArsenalFierce13
Resident Goddess

Wow, I haven't read this forum in a while and didn't realize there were so many Gaidai-sei this year. I studied there during fall '02 and still keep in touch with my host family (especially since I moved back to Japan). Unfortunately I didn't get to attend any cosplay events while I lived in Osaka, so I'm not too sure what's there. I did meet a cosplayer at school, though, but I unfortunately lost touch with her.

Costumes, costumes, la la la! http://www.chicagocostume.com

Cosplay wish list: Faye Valentine masquerade gown (Cowboy Bebop), Lehas (Magna Carta), Gaara (Naruto), Yohko Mano (Devil Hunter Yohko),Setsuka (Soul Calibur III), Zhen Ji (Dynasty Warriors 5)
ArsenalFierce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #27
Kaze no Uta
Getting to old for this..

ummmm, transgendered means you are a male traped in a females body or a female traped in a mans body ... and sometimes this includes those who were born with both genders (this is possible). I know a male that is transgendered who grew brest wile in highschool due to his natural estrogen levles. So, it's not a matter of crossdressing. As for how people are going to react to a transgendered here in Japan it would all depend on how 'convinsing' you are for a lack of a better word.

I hate to say it but I often get confused with the gender identity of some of the teens here in Osaka! Most times you can not assume the gender of someone based off of clothes alone. Due to the Japanes body structure clothes are prety much gender neutral. Just stay away from certain styles and you should be ok.

As for uniforms, it would all depend on what levle of schooling you are refering to. Universities do not have uniforms wheras HighSchools do. Also, take into consideration Japanes culture and gender expectations, especialy when refering to WOMAN only areas. There are woman only hotsprings, woman discount days, woman only subway cars.... The Japanes are a very resurved culture so imagine how the locals might feel in these situations.

All in all, good luck! It is honestly best to talk with the institution whith wich you will be atending.
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #28
Mebachiko
戦闘機

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoisakura View Post
If you like anime stuffs Ikebukuro is good near Sunshine Tower theres a massive Animate (Bigger then the one in Akiba that one was pretty crappy) and other Doujin/cosplay shops (Which actually sell costumes outside Maid outfits) I dunno why noone told me when I went ; ;/ Esp female fangirls should go to Ikebukuro there are about 5 Doujinshi shops dedicated to For females genre (XD)
An animate in Ikebukuro? Oh I didn`t know that! Is it near to the station?

(sorry for this offtopic)
Unread 01-05-2007, 12:21 AM   #29
nightko
↓ ↘ → + P

It is just across the Sunshine City, behind the Toyota Big building(I think it is Toyota). so you need to walk pass it. I'll say about 7 mins walk from the Ikebukuro station.
Unread 01-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #30
Mebachiko
戦闘機

Ahhh I see...
Thanks!