Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Weekend Atlanta

Unread 04-04-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

Vroom Vroom! Rides to AWA.

Hello there! This is a last minute ditch to try and find someone (anyone) who is travelling from Canada (or detroit) to AWA this year. I am looking for a ride buddy TO and FROM the convention. I do not mind helping with gas money, and I am an easy person to get along with.

So, if you are looking for help with gas and company in the car, drop me a line!

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Vessa-Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2006, 12:11 PM   #2
UrMastrInuYasha
Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessa-Sushi
Hello there! This is a last minute ditch to try and find someone (anyone) who is travelling from Canada (or detroit) to AWA this year. I am looking for a ride buddy TO and FROM the convention. I do not mind helping with gas money, and I am an easy person to get along with.

So, if you are looking for help with gas and company in the car, drop me a line!

~Vessa

Wow! Good luck...! Hehehehe.. The best thing.. Umm.. Wow.. O_O;;;

UrMastrInuYasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2006, 12:45 PM   #3
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

Thanks for the luck....because I now have a ride ^^ yay!

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Mappy
Wheres the Party?

fly AirTran. thats a hella long drive 0_o
Mappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #5
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

Nah, it's only 11 hrs. Tis an easy ride

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:44 AM   #6
Miako
Magical Girl Mayhem

Yay Vessa! I'm glad you found someone to bring you along! I like car trips personally... I drive from FL to ME err... I dunno 3 times a year at the least, it's a 24-26 hour drive and I've done it alone straight before or broke it up with others and such. I guess it all depends on how you do with car rides if you find it such a huge deal or not. I think it's awesome that your coming from up there to AWA! I only have to do 6 hours to get there, but still, I actually enjoy the time it takes to drive to different places. ^^
Miako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 10:32 AM   #7
Vessa-Sushi
The Best kind of Sushi.

^.^ 24hrs + is quite a drive, especially by yourself

My only real concern about the drive is the weather. Winter here (Windsor/Detroit area) doesn't really hit until November/December, but I don't know how it is for the states further down I go. Guess I'll get to find out ^.^

I also have to tell my parents about this trip...but hey, I'm old enough to make rational decisions for myself..I think :P

I have heard great things about AWA (and some not so great, but I can overlook those easily enough ^^), and am super excited to be going. Plus, being in a later time slot of the year, it means I can save up properly for the con, instead of rushing it (like I do for Anime North every year)

Now...all my ride and me need to do is find out who else is going, and if they are hitching a ride with us ^^

~Vessa
poo flinger! FLING!
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
Miako
Magical Girl Mayhem

Well, you guys have a safe trip!!! Make sure you pack all those roadside necessities.

The weather will definitely get better the further down you go. I hate driving in winter weather... especially when I was in Maine.. sucked. ^^ Just make sure you stop if the weather is really bad and you'll be fine! And again, make sure you guys are prepared for anything that might happen, including delays in traffic from accidents or construction... sometimes those things can delay you getting to your destination by quite a bit! And make sure you have an updated map, especially if you get directions online, they aren't always as up to date as a current year map as far as if exits have changed and such, my favorite maps are by Rand McNally, their maps are really easy to follow. You can also get maps that give you the listing of what is at major exits like which gas stations, food stops, and hotels. I forget at the moment who that's by but I'm sure I could find out and get back to you if you guys are planning on investing in a new map. WELL I'm sure my little lecture is getting boring now so, I'll stop. I hope you guys have a great trip and maybe I'll see you there.
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:05 AM   #9
Jekka
such a friggin uke

XD I'm from Maine - winter driving there is the best. I can get out of any spin-out the road throws at me!

Looong road trips, I love. I turn up the music and sing the whole way, no doubt driving the others in the car to hate me. Just be sure to rest when you need to!! I was in Maryland once, going through a tunnel, and for a moment I seriously believed I was Luke Skywalker about to blow up the deathstar. that's when I knew it was time to hand over the wheel.
Jekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2006, 12:38 AM   #10
Miako
Magical Girl Mayhem

Ah, driving thru Maryland tired would be a scary thing. I drive best at night, without the glare of the sun and such.

Are you going to AWA, too?

This thread is kinda cool in the respects that you can try to find someone to bring you along... but isn't that kinda scary at the same time?
Vessa, do you know the person your coming it? Or do you plan to meet them a few times beforehand? Leave all their information with someone close! ^^ My parents use to make drivers license and plate information a need if I went out of town with someone they didn't know when I was under 18. *rolls eyes* I use to think that was lame. I dunno.. I guess I'm paranoid or something since bad things do happen. Which is weird because if someone was on my way up and needed a ride I would probably let them come if they pitched in on gas, and yet, it would basically be the same difference as far as safety.