Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Metrocon

Unread 02-27-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
Shania_Nowhere
Risembool Ranger!

Metrocon Skit (Scott McNeil)

Okay everyone, since Scott McNeil is going to Metrocon (it's not posted but he said so), we want to pay a little tribute to him. If you're going and want to join in the silliness, read on and learn more about it!

My friend Cathy (A.K.A. Ed Elric [K-chon]) and I came up with a BRILLIANT idea for the cosplay to do as a group for the wonderful Scott. Everyone who is willing to participate would dress as Scott (plaid shirt [red or blue], cowboy hat, cowboy boots, tight blue jeans, etc.) and sing "McNeil (My Girl: Temptations)". You don't have to have any kind of singing abilities, just so long as you're dressed as him and have a great passionate love for the man himself, that's all you need! We're looking for girls and guys alike, even little kids if they want! Not sure about the group limits yet but if you're interested in joining our silly little sing-a-long tribute, just leave a message and we'll do this thing for Scotty!!

I'll update later with the "edited" lyrics so you can learn it and sing it wherever you go. ~_^ We'll also be doing a little "doo-wop" kind of dance during the song, nothing complicated, so be prepared to learn a few simple moves so we're not just standing up there like complete idiots.

Join the revolution!!!

P.S. Keep this a secret, it's a surprise for Scott so NO ONE let him know!

Unread 02-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
Ryochan
The Happy-Idiot Lover

Now I sorta wish I could get to Florida. But, I'm too far away and already got to save money to get back to California for cons. Aw well.

Scott is an awesome guy! Even if he scared the crap outta me by having me do a full turn to check out my Quatre costume several years ago, then basically went on to hit on me and my room-mates.

I hope this goes well for you

Tentative Izumi-con 2009 Costumes
- Tifa Lockheart (FF7 - Game Version - I'm gonna FREEZE!)

Running the Human Form Pokemon Battle and A History of Console RPGs at Izumi!
Ryochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
Shania_Nowhere
Risembool Ranger!

Thanks, I hope it works out too, it's so funny. XD
Unread 03-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
Brio
the fuzzy one

HIIIIIII~~

I thought of something that might really suck...what If scott's not at the cosplay contest? That would totally throw a wrench into the plans....T_T

~In progress/upcoming Projects~
Liger Zero 95% completed - Metro '10

~Upcoming Cons~
Metrocon
AFO
EXPcon
MFF?
Oyahocon?
FWA?
Anime North?
Brio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
Shania_Nowhere
Risembool Ranger!

Well, we just plan and practice and if he doesn't come, we'll just do it another time.
Unread 03-25-2006, 04:50 PM   #6
Brio
the fuzzy one

Ok. I just E-maild them today to ask about it. I'm hoping that it's must that they don't have the full guest list up...cause Greg's not up there either...and he always goes.*wonders if he has a cosplay.com account*

~Upcoming Cons~
Metrocon
AFO
EXPcon
MFF?
Oyahocon?
FWA?
Anime North?
Unread 03-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #7
Shania_Nowhere
Risembool Ranger!

I don't know that he does, he barely has time between cons to update his own website. He might lurk on the Metrocon boards, a lot of the guests do that. I know Johnny does, his sn is kermit something or other. And there's another guest that is new, she's been commenting for the past few weeks and she's not on the list so I think they're holding out on us. :-p
Unread 03-27-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
Brio
the fuzzy one

people can be so evil sometimes...lol

I figured that...After talking with beth and seeing how much work and planning go into putting a con together, I can't blame him.I just think it would have been smarter to put all the guest's up at once....so people like me don't freak out and stuff.*i'm suck a spazz at times.*

Oh yeah! I think I roped another person in to join in on the skit^_^
Two pf the people that I though were going, are now broke beyond brokeness and they'sre not going....so we have a couple new people going, and one of them might join in^_^ and it's gonna be her first con too!

Ish so happy my friend finally get's to go.

~Upcoming Cons~
Metrocon
AFO
EXPcon
MFF?
Oyahocon?
FWA?
Anime North?
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
Shania_Nowhere
Risembool Ranger!

So who exactly won't be able to go now? Just wondering, I like to keep a list on the LJ community so I know how many people are going to participate.
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
vannadear

That's such a great idea!! :.; I'm so depressed that I can't go now!!! I Scott!!

Upcoming Conventions
Shuto-con [March 2011]~Motor City Comic Con {May 2011}~Detroit Fanfare [Sept 2011]~Youmacon {Oct 2011}
vannadear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2006, 09:20 PM   #11
Brio
the fuzzy one

don't worry, it's no one that said they might participate. My boyfriend and another person can't go because of pre-arranged end of the school year family vacations....I'm still waiting on word from the duo-bat person if they're gonna do it, and my mom has yet to give me her decision...but i think she might be backing out T.T

There's the con-newbie that might be joining oour little crusade, but fight now I think all she want's to do is try out for anime Idol. She's Kind of iffy on the song-spoof thing, though she is also a scott mcneil fangirl.

I also want to ask another friend if he'd like to join, but he doesn't live any where near me anymore, and I don't even know if he's planning on going.

I heard a rumor on the animemetro forums that Artists alley tables are going to be full weekend purchase only, so $75...and thats $50 over my limit for AA....so that might be out for me and free up my staurday*but i wanna sell sooooo bad.*

~Upcoming Cons~
Metrocon
AFO
EXPcon
MFF?
Oyahocon?
FWA?
Anime North?