Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 06-22-2006, 10:44 AM   #16
JeiC
Sanity...is not an option

Digging up an old topic, but I'm starting to work on this now and would like to get people's opinions on wigs. I'm trying to keep the price down as much as I can, but these are the two that I'm looking at right now (any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it, and I have been looking at the ones previously used) - both come in silver-white:

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...at=2448&page=1
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...at=2448&page=1

I had been looking at a few others, but they're too expensive for me to play with since I'm still a newbie when it comes to wigs. It looks a bit like the Lucy wig is thicker, but I'm not sure. I plan on taking a couple of sharpies to it in the underlayers to give it some highlights, but the silver-white seems like a good base...well, the color on the sample ring I have looked good.

Any advice, I would appreciate it, and thank you for the advice given thus far in the thread - it gave me a place to start.
JeiC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #17
Sporkstress
Tastes Like Cheese

http://cgi.ebay.com/Long-Layered-w-B... QcmdZViewItem

That's the wig I had my friend get for her Riku. I'll be the one styling it, so she agreed to but whatever wig looked best. With a straightening and a little layers, I think it'd be perfect for fmv Riku. I'll be styling it as in-game though, but I think it's a great start because it already has a few layers in it. I know for sure I'll be cutting more into the bangs and stuff. My friend just got the wig the other day and she said she realy likes it.
Trucy Wright (Apollo Justice) - Planned
Bianchi (Reborn) - Planned
Sporkstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #18
L Wintergreen
L Wintergreen

silver purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-kun
I believe there was a thread regarding this earlier but yes, instead of spamming and creating another thread, I guess I want to put my inquiries here as well ^^;;
and I wanted to ask peoples opinion if I should custom dye the wig to get it to an almost light purple-silverish color. I went ahead and looked through Katie Bair's wig dyes and played around with the flash thingie to see what color results I would get and wanted to ask if I got a wig in 'snow white' and used the twilight purple dye, would that come out a nice color for a Riku wig?
To get a purple-silver colour for riku's hair, my girlfriend used a (don't quote me on this... I'm not poooooositive.) warm grey @ 40% prismacolour marker and coloured from the roots down. It makes a nice gradient, and the colour is perfect. ^^
L Wintergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #19
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

For my own Riku wig, I'm getting the Linda wig in white. I'm doing his blindfold version though, so his hair is silver-whitish, and fairly longer.

Edit: I just looked at the Lucy wig, and it isn't listed in silver or white.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #20
JeiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Miko
For my own Riku wig, I'm getting the Linda wig in white. I'm doing his blindfold version though, so his hair is silver-whitish, and fairly longer.

Edit: I just looked at the Lucy wig, and it isn't listed in silver or white.
Eh? *runs over to look again* But it's got silver-white (60) listed in it's color chart...*all confused now* I'm also going to be doing the blindfold version. mou...guess I better rethink my strategy.

Sporkstress, I think the one you listed is the same as the Alicia wig I posted the link for from cosworx. I appreciate the link.
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #21
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

My thread returns from the kind of dead!!! *cue creepy music*

Linda's still the plan, but I'm going to wait a bit. (I was counting on the Bulk Wigs coupon >.<) I definately want to cut bangs myself as his are SUPER LONG! (Between KH1 and KH2 Riku discovered that the realm of darkness does not have a barbershop. Oh my)

~Ari-chan
Unread 06-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #22
JeiC

hm...my only issue with that is I'm not sure on how to straighten the wig. I think once I start cutting my wig for Ed, I'll have a better idea on how well I'll do with cutting bangs. Yeah, not quite the same, but it'll give me a general feel for parting and cutting "bangs"...sorta.

Looks like it's becoming a majority leaning towards using the Linda wig.

Heee...well, if they live in darkness, how can a barber see to cut?
Unread 06-24-2006, 03:44 AM   #23
-Kitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeiC
hm...my only issue with that is I'm not sure on how to straighten the wig. I think once I start cutting my wig for Ed, I'll have a better idea on how well I'll do with cutting bangs. Yeah, not quite the same, but it'll give me a general feel for parting and cutting "bangs"...sorta.

Heee...well, if they live in darkness, how can a barber see to cut?
If you need a hand bring your Ed wig to CTcon and I could give you pointers to help out a bit.

And in the darkness they use nightvision goggles XD

PM me for questions or quote enquiries. Please include when you will need the wig for and at least one reference image unless it is a style in my gallery.
-Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #24
Sad_Riku
Kingdom Hearts Whore

WEll..you could always get the Nicole one in #60 silver white. Cut and style! This is what I am thinking of using. Would this one work?

http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...at=2449&page=1
Ludwig/Germany (Hetalia)-0%

Cons Attending:
Anime Kaigi '10
Anime Vegas '10
YaoiCon '10
Sad_Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #25
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

I think that would probably work

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #26
blackouts suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkstress
http://cgi.ebay.com/Long-Layered-w-B... QcmdZViewItem

That's the wig I had my friend get for her Riku. I'll be the one styling it, so she agreed to but whatever wig looked best. With a straightening and a little layers, I think it'd be perfect for fmv Riku. I'll be styling it as in-game though, but I think it's a great start because it already has a few layers in it. I know for sure I'll be cutting more into the bangs and stuff. My friend just got the wig the other day and she said she realy likes it.

i think this is the best one. not cheep tho! this will be the one im going with for my blindfolder deep dive riku. im spending all my pocket money on a 150$$ cell phone so i have to mow the lawn twice to get this much.

EDIT: i got little...maybe alot carried away on that.
blackouts suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:09 PM   #27
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

If you're going to get that one, I believe it's in the CosWorx wig store for a few dollars cheaper ^.~ Plus it won't take two weeks to get to you

It's the "Alicia" style in color #60 I believe.
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...7&cat=0&page=1

~Ari-chan
Unread 07-16-2006, 03:17 AM   #28
PapricA
Rozelia

I'm going to buy a wig for my blindfolded Riku. At first I though I should buy the white wig Kelly but after seen that "Alicia" (if it is Alicia ) I'm more likely to buy that because I would have to cutomize "Kelly" a lot and cut like half of it off... That's wasting money, isn't it?

If anyone has pictures of that #60 Alicia would you please put them here or PM me
I have 20 days before I HAVE to order it or else it won't arrive in time for the con.
PapricA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2006, 06:13 AM   #29
silvertear

Well, for my Riku wig, I got a wig from Karen's Wigs (eBay store) for around $30-$35. I straightened it out by using the hot water method (the thread is somewhere in the forum) and colored it using the sharpie method (rubbing alcohol, sharpies, ect...somewhere in the forum). If you want to check out what it looks like, take a look at (the only picture in) my gallery.
silvertear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2006, 11:52 AM   #30
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

PapricA: http://cgi.ebay.com/Long-Layered-w-B... QcmdZViewItem

That should be it in #60

~Ari-chan