Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #46
Swordmaster
Classy Bartender

... does anyone know of a way to get your hair to a silver/white without using bleach? I know there is silver hair spray but I dunno where to find any, unfortunately <.<
Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #47
Feawen
aka fuu

a sally's beauty supply store should have it, as well as some costume shops.

Check out all of my costumes at my website http://www.TeamFuu.com!

Also feel free to like my fanpage on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tea...31143596923241
Feawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2007, 03:31 AM   #48
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Word of Warning for spray colors... They like to flake all over your costume and, unless your hair is platinum blonde/white already, all silver spray'll do is frost your hair T_T (A little sprakly grey tinge, but nothing much)

I'm definately going to have to say wig...

~Ari-chan
Unread 04-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #49
VII Fangirl
AerithReborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
... does anyone know of a way to get your hair to a silver/white without using bleach? I know there is silver hair spray but I dunno where to find any, unfortunately <.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Word of Warning for spray colors... They like to flake all over your costume and, unless your hair is platinum blonde/white already, all silver spray'll do is frost your hair T_T (A little sprakly grey tinge, but nothing much)
I actually tried to spray my hair back several years ago. I'm blonde and was going for the Sephiroth look. I tried everything. Hairgel in both Chrome and White, then I tried the spray. PhantomThief is exactly right. I only tried my bangs and I had spray all over my face, my forehead, and my black shirt. I looked like I had metal dandruff (which isn't sexy, in case you were wondering). If you're after the WHITE white, a wig is the only way to go, I'm afraid.

AnimeFEST:
`Chichiri - Fushigi Yuugi
`Erika - Pokemon Fire Red/ Leaf Green
`Cosmos - Final Fantasy Dissidia

Proud member of Detail 2 Perfect
VII Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #50
Tasogare-Taicho
Captain: Tasogare Troupe

If you're looking to cut and style the wig yourself, 2 things you always, always must make sure of.

A. The bangs are close to what you need. That means if the wig is meant to have long bangs, then get one w/no bangs or one w/long bangs. Short bangs that cover the forehead (Cleopatra-style) are hard to cut into a wig if they don't already exist.

B. Get a wig that's AT LEAST a few inches longer then what you need. For example, the wig that I use for my Hinata costume was initially mid-back in length and I cut it into her short hairstyle.

Other tips:

Just like w/make-up, less is more. You can always trim off more if you need to, but you can't put hair back ON a wig. So trim it slowly to make sure that it doesn't end up too short. If you're really worried about it, I recommend leaving it a tad longer, putting it on, then having a friend trim it up just a tad more. That seems to work well.

I like www.mywigstore.com for buying wigs, b/c they tend to have a lot of diff. styles.

Captain and Founder of Tasogare Cosplay Troupe, Fanartist and Fanfiction Author.

IM Ahzeli for information on commissioning, wig-styling, prop-making, or if you just want to get together and share photos or do a shoot sometime~

Costumes in the Works:
Hatsune Miku - Hitobashira Alice
Uzumaki Naruto - Formal Hokage concept version
Kagamine Rin - Aku no Musume dress
Kuchiki Rukia - Dark Rukia (Fade to Black)
Tasogare-Taicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 01:51 PM   #51
Ichigo_Kurosaki
Black Cat Of Misfortune

sorry to revive a semi old thread,but I'm needing a Riku wig for the End of game Riku from KH 2 But I don't know if I'm quite that good with wig styling,and I needed something under $50,and by July 1st

So if anyone has any pointers about where to find such wig,thanks a lot in advance ^.^

I'm looking in the direction of the Alicia wig at the moment ^^'
Xerxes Break - Pandora Hearts

Will of the Abyss - Pandora Hearts

Terra - Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Ichigo_Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #52
Justke
..e__e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrnotheSinner View Post
sorry to revive a semi old thread,but I'm needing a Riku wig for the End of game Riku from KH 2 But I don't know if I'm quite that good with wig styling,and I needed something under $50,and by July 1st

So if anyone has any pointers about where to find such wig,thanks a lot in advance ^.^

I'm looking in the direction of the Alicia wig at the moment ^^'
The Alicia wig is your best bet, IMO ^^ I just got mine yesterday(ordered it about a week before), and I love it >D W/o shipping it's about $35 at Cosworx.com, and at Amphigory.com it's $38 -- but I think the shipping at Cosworx is more expensive... I bought mine at Cosworx because their wig heads were a bit more cheaper lol

AX 2014∙ |Natsume Asako|Ouka|Clear|Sugawara Koushi|Araragi Tsukihi
Justke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #53
inuashley

http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment...0&d=1159586006 - What wig is that?

Also, I was thinking of getting an Alicia XL wig since the Alicia wig is too short in my opinion for KH2 Riku, but it looks like it's not a middle part. Is it a middle part and is the model just wearing it wrong?
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #54
desty
I'm a Leaf on the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuashley View Post
http://forums.cosplay.com/attachment...0&d=1159586006 - What wig is that?

Also, I was thinking of getting an Alicia XL wig since the Alicia wig is too short in my opinion for KH2 Riku, but it looks like it's not a middle part. Is it a middle part and is the model just wearing it wrong?
For my Riku cosplay I just used the regular Alicia wig. It has a middle part with a really nice skin top.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=878010
Here you can see the length and the center part. Personally I love this wig. It is soooo nice! The length is completely up to you, but the plain Alicia wig has a middle part. You could always switch the part with a little heat and patience if it happens to be on the side!
desty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #55
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuashley View Post
It's the standard Linda wig With bangs cut into it. Riku had to have emo bangs XD

As for the Alicia, I have the Short version and it came with a sidepart (which made me rather sad). However, as Desty mentioned, on the longer wigs I suppose the part is changable

~Ari-chan
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:04 PM   #56
inuashley

Oh, the regular Alicia wig seems to be long enough in Desty's pic. I guess I will just get the regular one. Thanks for your help ^_^

Last edited by inuashley : 08-23-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #57
CutelyPsychotic
Moon Beam Away From Crazy

I'v been hearing of the Alicia wig being used in this and thats probably what I'm going to go with.
However, seeing as you CAN use a straightener with your wig
AS LONG AS IT HAS DIALS (!!)
I'm thinking you'd still be able to get that chunky, spikey, insanely straight look am I right?
Or am I wrong. O_o

AFW - Axel [Kingdom Hearts II/COM] (Organization Style)
Naka-Kon - Xemnas [Kingdom Hearts II] (Organization Style) {In Progress}

Make sure to watch out for the black suits at the AFW Masquerade Ball!
CutelyPsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2008, 11:33 PM   #58
Ghost613
Your face is a Geostigma!

As thread is sorta oldish, I thought maybe I should add my two cents.
IVY IS FREAKING AWESOME FOR RIKU!
Seriously, all I had to do was trim the bangs a little bit and take some length off the back. It could easily be fluffed up or spiked. And I just can't get past the fact that bangs are so perfect. Plus its cheaper than the K. Beast, even though its longer.
Ghost613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #59
sweetblood13

mhh

this wig looks good and it wouldn't need much, tho i does have bangs

http://www.centerstagestar.com/inbeloblwigw1.html

$30
sweetblood13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #60
navigated
Derp.

It's kind of expensive - and this thread is old as dirt, but I've always felt that Amphigory's Kanekalon Beast wig would make a really nice Riku wig with some straightening and some bang trimming. It comes in white so you could dye it whatever color you wanted.

navigated is offline   Reply With Quote