Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 04-13-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Raimy

Question Boots

Sorry, I'm really new to cosplay and I am trying to either make these boots or find a similar pair (either in this colour or some that can at least be dyed/painted):
http://s1.simpload.com/0413443f0a5377921.bmp

I know the shots aren't the greatest, but those are the only ones that exist, but you can get a general gist of what the boots look like.
Since I'm new at this, I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing these boots. They are a fairly simple design (Cosworx offered nothing, I checked). They are pretty much just regular boots, no heel (though if I can find them with a small enough heel I could always saw it off and make it flatter), except the top part is folded over.
I figured someone here might be able to either point me in the direction of a commonly used cosplay shoe store or offer me tips.
Originally, I was going to buy a cheap, run-of-the-mill boot (calf-high) and try folding it over. However, finding some in red may prove to be difficult and I know dye doesn't take well to certain materials.

Any help would be appreciated.
Raimy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
Blasphemy
The Cardboard Robot

They look like swashbuckler boots, which you can find at a lot of renfaire costume places. There's a pair on this site called the Gaston boot, but it's $350.00. I'm sure, though, that if you found a cheap boot place (if such a one exists, I'm not a big boot buyer so I wouldn't know), and ask for a swashbuckler boot, someone can help you out.
Blasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Raimy

WOW. Thank you! This certainly helps as now I at least know what to call them so I can search a bit more.
Raimy is offline   Reply With Quote