Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki

Unread 04-16-2006, 03:08 AM   #1
White Mushroom
*bops you on head*

Miyazaki character choice help

My group is gonig to do miyazaki characters for ax. The problem is that I really don't liek to show off my face. It's not that I don't like it, it's just I hate makeup and I don't have flawless facial skin. I'm also very shy and like to do more mascot like characters. Any suggestions?Also if you could, please give a link to a picture.

KODAMAS ARE OUT OF THE QUESTION. I'm not going to kill myself with a four foot head just for the sake of cosplay. Please suggest all other character, mascot or otherwise^_^

Totoros are sadly out of the question too. I'll only have a month to do this with more limited budget. (200) A totoro, to make it amazingly cool, would take more time and money, believe me though if i could, I WOULD!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by White Mushroom : 04-16-2006 at 03:51 AM.
White Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2006, 03:36 AM   #2
_YukiShu_

From Princess Mononoke you could do Moro or one of her pups or you could do San and have the mask. lets see what else oh the Baron from The Cat Returns and there's Totoro. That's all I can think of
Katsucon 2006 - Gatomon(Digimon)
Otakon 2007 - Voldemort and Meowth
Future Cosplays:
Ferret Draco(Harry Potter)
_YukiShu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:43 AM   #3
White Mushroom
*bops you on head*

Thank you, I really wish i could do a totoro, but i don't have the time or money for this con*cries inside*. Hmmm I'm a little scared of doing moro becasue i don't want to do a standing up version and I've really only seen one really awesome verision of a four legged animal outfit.

Thank you for the suggestions though^_^ Have fun at your cons!
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:24 AM   #4
procrastinator
aka Sutashi

I agree with YukiShu, if nobody's doing San (mononoke hime) you can do that one, and use the mask to keep your face covered! It's very recognizable too. I love her look.
Tryin' to think here. If you want to go out on a limb and think outside the box, turnip-head from Howl's moving castle would be really fun to see! You can make a mascot-head for it and it wouldn't be too heavy to, say, make it out of paper-mache. Something like that. It'd be really cute XD the more I think about it the more I like it! hehee.
Unread 04-16-2006, 04:32 AM   #5
White Mushroom
*bops you on head*

lol yea me and my friends are still out out on that one. We were thinking of making the stick as well that he stands on. The onlt problem is I can barely walk normally on two feet with having a stick to balance on LOL. But still I'm thinking about it^_^ Thank you again
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
procrastinator
aka Sutashi

You don't nececsarily have to walk on a stick. n.n; I've seen scarcrows at halloween who just have the stick running through the sleeves at the back.
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

from Howl's Moving Castle, there's not only the Turniphead, but the Blobmen (Witch's servants). While not Miyazaki, there's also Baron from both Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns, which ARE Ghibli movies. (Also Muta from The Cat Returns!) You could make a mask and do Yubaba/Zeniba from Spirited Away. Nausicäa wears a mask in the Forest, so you could do that. Also, even if a Totoro isn't feasible now, try one later! I'd love to see more people as Totoros!
Unread 04-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

There are a ton you could do from Spirited Away. The big ones woulf be Yubaba/Zenibaba (like Hanyaan said) and No Face, but most of the characters from that movie are pretty mascot-y.
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:00 PM   #9
kabuki_ikenie
Super Collider

i guess if you can find a pig mask/snout, you can cosplay porco from porco rosso (and his costume is easy: big flight suit with some padding to make you look thicker, boots, sun glasses, pilot's helmet and gloves)...

SOS-project coming soon! no, it's not about haruhiism XD

cosplay.com chilean edition: "we're many and we're manly!" :cobracool:
kabuki_ikenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
White Mushroom
*bops you on head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyaanFaery
from Howl's Moving Castle, there's not only the Turniphead, but the Blobmen (Witch's servants). While not Miyazaki, there's also Baron from both Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns, which ARE Ghibli movies. (Also Muta from The Cat Returns!) You could make a mask and do Yubaba/Zeniba from Spirited Away. Nausicša wears a mask in the Forest, so you could do that. Also, even if a Totoro isn't feasible now, try one later! I'd love to see more people as Totoros!

I have told myself I will eventually do a totoro. I'm not sure when, but i WILL do one. I really want to make him look perfect though, because he's one of my favorite characters.

Wow thank you everyone, you're all really helpful^_^ I'll bring these up to my friends.
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #11
Burnface

you could dress as nohface, you would really just need the mask and a large black robe. You could hold the head part above you and get black material that you could see through to make you look taller
Burnface is offline   Reply With Quote