Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-24-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
Tashi Kione

Illuminati Costume

Well for AnimeExpo/ComiCon this year I wanted to do Gackt's costume from Illuminati...the only problem is I have the costum, th only part I have trouble with is the main leatherish top and shorts...and the hair...any help would be much appreciated THANK YOU! ^_^

Picture: http://www.geocities.com/jrockimages...icemizer09.jpg

(and if you don't know which one hehehe it's the one on the left ^_~ lol) thanks again!

Unread 02-24-2003, 11:30 PM   #2
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Gaku! Yay! Maybe I will attack you at AX! You could buy the shorts. Ha ha. I'm such a cheater, but I've done that for my more recent costume. You could probably find a pattern for the top, some kind of vest type thingy or something. Um... I'm being so helpful, ne? Oh and maybe make it out of vinyl rather than anything too leathery. *falls asleep on keyboard*
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
Tashi Kione

Hehehe thanks warumono! that actually did help some ^_^ and if I do get to go to AX hope to see you there! *puts a blankie around warumono* o.o;; hehehe
Tashi Kione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 01:17 AM   #4
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

besides the top and shorts and the hair is...what? the Gackt-ish grin? (I'm totally messing with ya btw ^_-)

If you can't find vinyl at the fabric store, I have some links of good places to check out. Also, you might wanna check out 'kinky' stores if you've got any around...or just try eBay if you're too shy to actually go in a store like that. But I know you can buy shorts like that. For help on the hair, there's a good thread somewhere (probably got moved to the game forum) about doing Squall's hair - which is the same thing pretty much.

Well, anyway, I have Kami's Illuminati outfit done too (tho I need a better tasting mouth chain), but it hasn't been warm enough to wear it yet. Nor can I walk in the boots yet. O_o But if you'd like a Kami to accompany you for a bit at AX, I wouldn't mind bringing the costume along. I'll practice walking in the heels at work or something. ^_-
Unread 02-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #5
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

Gomen gomen ^^; I'd offer to be Kozi for you, but his costume is just too... ^^;

Kozi... Wearing fishnet thighhighs over velvet pants... you dirty boy XD Hehee, I think Yui-chan will forgive me for not jumping in to join this one ^^;;
Lilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 01:09 PM   #6
shiroi_yukiko
has helmet hair

Ne, Lillie, you could always do it the way Kozi did it for the Merveilles live. *giggles* Kozi... wearing everything.... except the velvet pants. *snicker*

Tashi Kione! I hope to see you there! I'll be trying not to melt in my Toshiya costume... ah, for the love of vinyl!
shiroi_yukiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #7
Yui
morally ambiguous
All-Seeing Eye

eee, I know, tho. The alteration version was the single one Kami I promised myself I wouldn't do...but then it sorted just happened. People kept donating the parts to me X_x I'd rather do the old Illuminati version with the face mask and the cool little hat and such. Ah, maybe someday. In the meantime...
Maybe we could find a real boy willing to do Kozi for us tho >O_o<
Yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 02:58 PM   #8
Lilli
Alabaster Princess

...maybe... if we drugged Jason...

Nah :3 LOL, the odds of getting me to cave in are better than Jason ever getting sedated enough to get into that getup.

(besides, he's got hairy boy legs! hehehee)

Hmmm. No pants... ^^; LOL
Lilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
Tashi Kione

lol! Sure, if I am for sure going to AX I'd love to have a Kami with me also if Lilli ever gives in to be Kozi ^_~ hehe, I may or may not be going with my boyfriend *I tried to get him to be Mana...but for some reason he didn't want to lol!* And I hope to see you there too warumono! ^_^ If I keep my grades up and save my money, I'll be going, sooo I'll let you know for sure, as of now, I am going so yay! ^_^ Also, my boots are kinda hard too..oh well...I'm gonna be Gackt so it's okay if I fall on my face!
Tashi Kione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2003, 06:53 PM   #10
cutekawaii
Cos-BUSINESS

well, what exactly do you need help with? what about the shorts, top, and hair?
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote