Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > InuYasha

Unread 05-03-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
lostsummoner
random person #27

Sango [Inuyasha] top help

every picture i've seen isn't close enough for me to figure out what the gold thingy on her shoulder/chest is... any help?

a picture or at least a reallly good description will be great

i've looked at other posts but either this particular question is hiding or i'm blind lol.

also, for her Elbow and Knees, my neice [the one wearing the costume] suggested painting her old pads from rollerblading [because they just strap on], so anyone else who happens to be doing that, its a idea i guess

Back burner: Anima [FFX] 0% (figuring out HOW to make it ...)
Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lostsummoner is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
sangootaku
Self proclaimed nerd

do these pics help?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...sangowall1.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...aku/sango8.jpg

Next Kon:
Nebraskon '08
Currently Working On:
Rukia Kuchiki (70%)
Possible Next Year:
Blair (Soul Eater)

sangootaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
lostsummoner
random person #27

haha, YES, thank you so much!

Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:32 PM   #4
Kumi-chan
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

As far as I can figure, it's embroidery. This is the best picture I could find: it's a huge image, so you can get a very detailed look at the emblem:
http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/H...boomerang2.jpg

If you don't want to do the embroidery yourself, I'm sure you could take the costume and a really good color image in to a place that does it professionally. As long as you mark very clearly where you want the embroidery, they should be able to do it. I was planning on doing this myself, but then a friend of mine who does embroidery offered to do it herself in exchange for help on her costumes.

Actually, this is a really good site for large images of the Inuyasha cast. They're mostly scanned from magazines and promotional art, so the quality is really high.
http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/H-J/InuYasha/

As far as the armor goes, rollerblading pads might work, at least as a base. I'm planning on using either a really strong paper mache or Wonderflex (depending on my budget) for the elbow, shoulder, and shin guards myself, and then painted craft foam for the stomach and back guards. Since the stomach and back need to bend a little (otherwise sitting will be impossible), they need to be flexible.

I'm actually using the plastic part of a skating kneeguard as the base for my poison-shielding mask. It's the prefect shape and size, so with a little painting and a few sculpted additions (like the flower-shaped parts for the strap attachments), it'll be perfect.

I'm using the inserts from a pair of rollerblades as the bases for my boots. Since Sango's boots are flat-soled (no heel), I'll use the liners and cover them with fabric to match my leggings.

AE/Kumori Con
Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke); Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

Autumn '08/Aki Con
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2); Shura!Sakura, Jade!Syaoran (Tsubasa: RC); Kokon (Kon Kon Kokon)
Kumi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
Rain Miko
I wanna be your prince!

I think you could use resin to make the yellow thing. It just looks like a raised design to me. As far as the knee/elbow pads go, I've seen people do them out of cloth and foam, which looks very nice IMO.
Rain Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
Legatosgurl
I am a BANANA!!!!

I recently discovered the best way to make shoulder armor like that. Two words : Bra pads. Thats right, the ones you put in swimsuits when you sew? Yeah. Those. For my Kadaj costume I ended up using three pairs of those (for the center design and the ones off to the side), and it looked really good once I'd spray painted them. YOu have to be careful though, because if you sew them to the material incorrectly then you end up cracking the paint, so either have a thing of acrylic paint nearby, or have a sharpie (The latter dosen't work that well, at least for me.).

Final Fantasy - Physics not included.

Cosplay 2012:
MLP: DJ PON 3
Soul Eater: Tsubaki
Legatosgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
lostsummoner
random person #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatosgurl
I recently discovered the best way to make shoulder armor like that. Two words : Bra pads. Thats right, the ones you put in swimsuits when you sew? Yeah. Those. For my Kadaj costume I ended up using three pairs of those (for the center design and the ones off to the side), and it looked really good once I'd spray painted them. YOu have to be careful though, because if you sew them to the material incorrectly then you end up cracking the paint, so either have a thing of acrylic paint nearby, or have a sharpie (The latter dosen't work that well, at least for me.).

i was thinking on using shoulder pads, which .. i think... would just about be the same thing [i have a lot of shoulder pads... my sister was a child of the 80s and nearly all of her clothes had them in it lol]

so yes. ^_^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~