Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

Kodona, Prince, and Dandy

Thought I should make a thread on this since there's a shiny new forum ^^
(Yeah, it's not really EGL, but it fits, so humor me)

I figure this will be a good place to share resources, show off designs, and just hang out.

Link list (I wanna see this thing grow, so help me out!):
A rough summary with photos and suggested patterns
janchan.com has a few patterns from Gosuloli

Personally, I'm most interested in the Kodona style (not to say I might not take a stab at Dandy sometime). I have yet to make or wear anything, but I have some beautiful red linen that can't wait to become Kodona shorts.
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-09-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

(I'm still a little upset they keep putting "EGL" (since it's Mana's term for his clothes)... but whatever >.< (This isn't for you, I was just posting this in general (it's even the "title" of this sub-forum O.o)

Either way XD Thanks for making this thread. I love the Kodona/Dandy part of the lolita fashion <3 It's really precious (except this one outfit I saw (but that's beside the point)

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Celeste_Orchid
A Flower Found in Space

these are really cute outfits. i wish i had the time to make them but i have other things... currently working on...
Celeste_Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
procrastinator
aka Sutashi

Wow, this is the first i've ever seen of these styles but I LOVE them! I definetely want to try one!
Unread 05-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
darkneko
call me chaos

i must try making one of these outfits sometime they are so cute.
darkneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 04:44 AM   #6
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I absolutely LOVE kodona. It's one of the few weird styles I could see myself wearing almost full-time. I mean, seriously, knee breeches and massive shoes and victorian-boy hats as a fashion style?! So awesome!

Has anybody tried the kodona patterns in the Goth Loli (aka Gosu Rori) pattern books? I've put together one of the lolita dress ones and it was definitely not for the novice sewer (severe pattern alteration and redrafting in centimeters, yay!), but I'm definitely going to be making a few of the kodona outfit patterns once I have enough time. (I can warn anybody who wants to try those that you should totally make mockups until it fits, since the patterns are made for really short people and the fit can be weird even when you're an exact size match theoretically.)
Unread 05-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
WoggyWooWoo
Kind of a big deal

I still need to try one of them, actually. I'll probably start by making one of the tops, though I imagine that would be harder to alter than the pants would be. But that might just be from my experiences, since I've done a lot more work with pants (sleeves and shoulders scare me more than crotches XD; ).

Which dress did you make?
WoggyWooWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Hanyaan
at paranoia's poison door

I made a frankendress from some of of the very simple dresses from volume 3. You can see how it turned out here, although I'm not wearing a petticoat. I really should re-trim that thing, but I made it for a one-time event with fabric I had around the house from some failed project a long time ago, so I just did what I could. XD It's weird, I'm shorter than the height they say that size was made for, and yet the dress is still a bit short. I had to serger the ends and apply the lace directly over the edge in order to make it work. That's why I suggest that happy mockups of yay are definitely useful. XD

I'm jealous of your pantsmaking skills, though. I fail at pants so hard.
Unread 05-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #9
DeathOfSoul
Epic Mustache

^Cute dress ^^ (That's my favorite house XD)

Tumblr

(Wow what a bad SN. I made it up several years ago and thought it sounded cool. |D Oops.)
DeathOfSoul is offline   Reply With Quote