Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #31
TheAyanamiRei
Looking cute in pink ^_^

That newest one isn't bad at all! Just gotta get something a little tighter for the legs...and work on the face just a tad bit more..it still looks a little angular....but definitely nice! I hope that my crossplay attempts are AT LEAST as good as yours there @.@
TheAyanamiRei is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #32
Mai Kirasaki
" ^_^"

Talking

Ok I posted a new picture tonight. I really don't feel like doing my makeup right now (sorry) but I would love your input on the length of the skirt as well as the shoes/stockings.

Thanks a bunch!!

Mai Kirasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 02:50 AM   #33
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Anja makes a cuter/sexier girl than me! XD

And Mai, you crossplay very well. O_O I wouldn't have known you were a guy if I hadn't read this thread!

I need to keep working out.. I've managed to get a bit more muscle on my upper arms. (I actually have bigger biceps! And widdle abs!) My forearms are uber thin though. Someday I'll be more fit.. and then I can pull off Rocky Horror/Ultimate Muscle crossplay correctly!
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 06:56 PM   #34
TheAyanamiRei
Looking cute in pink ^_^

Hehe. Well the only pic I have of me that's close to crossplay is just plain crossdressing ^^;;
Unread 05-21-2006, 10:51 PM   #35
Mai Kirasaki
" ^_^"

Talking

I would like to thank everyone for all the great advice.
I have taken your suggestions and took the waist in and made a couple of other modifications to my dress. As for the cuteness factor, instead of buying a stuffed animal to carry with me I decided that since I need someting to hold my wallet at the con I woulb buy a purse. I ended up buying a pink Hello Kitty backpack. The tiny kind that hangs low on women's back when worn.

I'm too excited about my first con this coming weekend!!!

Unread 05-22-2006, 03:09 AM   #36
JosephCain
Lupin the 4th

Well, all I really have to say is... damn you, Anja and Mai. You have made me question my sexuality! Your costumes are much too good and you both look far too feminine. As for Shippo... well, off the crossplay topic... I love your Tron Bonne. I'd shoot ya gangsta signs to show Blue Bomber luv... but they always end up baseball handsigns. Maybe that's why I get pegged in the head by a baseball everytime I greet my homiez... Bah.

In any case... thanks for making me question my sexuality... you beautiful jerks.
If I offended, I did my job.
JosephCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 10:53 AM   #37
Mai Kirasaki
" ^_^"

Talking

Hmmm, not sure how to take that comment. Uhh I guess I should say thank you. hee hee hee.

I won't get off topic so this thread won't get closed but thanks for the compliment. My girlfriend says to tell you that I am all hers...

Unread 05-22-2006, 02:37 PM   #38
KnuxieChan
Thunderbolt's Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCain
As for Shippo... well, off the crossplay topic... I love your Tron Bonne. I'd shoot ya gangsta signs to show Blue Bomber luv... but they always end up baseball handsigns. Maybe that's why I get pegged in the head by a baseball everytime I greet my homiez... Bah.
Offtopic: Heheh.. thanks. If there were any cute Megaman cosplayers at the cons I go to, I'd be more than happy to take a pic with him.

Ontopic: Mai, your girlfriend must love that you crossplay. She can dress you up anytime she wants! X3
Major Raikov (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Kazuhira Miller (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker)
Joltik (Pokémon Hoodie)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 4)
Marik Ishtar (YGOTAS)

----------------------
KnuxieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 03:43 PM   #39
Mai Kirasaki
" ^_^"

Yeah! She loved going out as a 2 women couple for halloween 1999 but she did not like that some guy was trying to strike up a conversation with me and never realized I am a guy. I wear a size 9 or 11 in Juniors so crossplaying is not hard for me and the usual "man feet, man hands" don't give me away. I wear a 9.5 somtimes 9 women's shoes. If you look at my list of future cosplays, they are all female. I find it really fun, I love the challenge.
I am working on Ayumi Hamasaki right now for my next crossplay. See attached file. She will not be so easy. Her tummy is exposed in her outfit, I can't hide my non girly figure. I do however have a piercing in my belly button, (don't ask why, I was drunk!!!) anyways it helps with the illusion.

I must say however that Anga makes me jealous... I would never know he was a guy if I met him on the street. Don't know how you take the comment Anja but I mean it as a compliment. You are vey pretty!!!

Well let's see how many people I fool at Fanime this coming weekend.

Hope to see some of you there!!!

By the way, I am still re visiting the stocking issue. I have black shoes now since the white ones I had in a previous picture hurt like heck. I can still try natural colored stockings and if I get white stockings I can make more bows like the ones on the black ones and attach them. Damn I love glue guns. LOL

I do happen to have a set of garters in both white and black so either way I can do white or black bowed stokings since the shoes are black. Well more later.

Do I look girly enough for you yet Joseph Caine?

hehehe. You can buy me a drink at Fanime. I am going alone. LOL

Kidding!!!

Last edited by Michi : 06-28-2008 at 02:13 AM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 05-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #40
JosephCain
Lupin the 4th

Buy you a drink? Mm, perhaps. Though I'd probably save my money for Anja, or Shippo, though it's likely she (Shippo) already has a boyfriend, and Anja a girlfriend... and we all know what happens when someone starts givin' googly eyes to someone that's taken. An Episode of Cops. *Sagenod* I mean, I love watching cops, being from the South and all (The view from my front porch is great... =P), but I'd rather not get my head hammered in by a jealous lover.

If I offended, I did my job.
JosephCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #41
TheAyanamiRei
Looking cute in pink ^_^

Holy crap! WIth that one picture you do a great job of looking female! I mean you just seemed to radiate female powah. I want to be like that when I do it. *Sobs* But there's things like my ginourmously long feet, which are STILL somehow NARROW!!
Unread 05-22-2006, 11:42 PM   #42
Mai Kirasaki
" ^_^"

Ok girls. I finished my costume. Pictures in my gallery. Hope you like!!!
See you at Fanime!!!!!

Joseph, where is my drink? hehehe

Last edited by Mai Kirasaki : 05-23-2006 at 01:09 AM.
Unread 05-23-2006, 01:15 PM   #43
DJ_Izumi

Blar. The woman at the salon cut my bangs a bit to short for my liking, they're okay for cos, but it'll take me like two months to grow them to a more 'bishi' length. Next time, I bring in my laptop with reference pictures.

At least after some minor alterations, my maid outfit fits just fine. (God damned skinny ass asian girls. 32" waist on the dress but 8" sleves!?)

And I still need to get stockings for my maid outfit and eyebrows. Yay.

Oh, and I need to find a place in TORONTO to get my hair styled since the bus leaves at 8:30am so I can't get it done here unless I do it the day before and that'd be stupid and a waste of money.

So much effort to emulate the yaoi style bishounen. I should learn to be lazy and ugly like most boys.
<Kate6> Then why do you go there?
<DJ_Izumi> Same reason people stare at train wrecks. o.o;

Last edited by DJ_Izumi : 05-23-2006 at 01:17 PM.
DJ_Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:05 AM   #44
Leishu

Hehe. Did you know that you're my hero, Izumi?

I'll be doing a Sweet-Lolita styled cosplay this weekend. I'll hopefully have many pictures. ^_~

I guess we'll know soon if I totally fail.

The TransFlexual

How flexy are you?

http://www.quizilla.com/users/Draigo...20are%20you%3F
Leishu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:33 AM   #45
natsukoarts
wanker? yes, please...

Mai, your pictures are great - I would suggest soften the pose a little - it is still a little hard (reference anja) ...

hI know one of the commenters said something about the hello kitty (HK) but I like it, just make it more 5year old cutesy - hold it different, lighter - think of it like a fragile egg shell and it fits, definiete.

your tailoring, taking in at the waist is a big win - looks great.

And I like the one foot in front of the other pose, try with your hips off balance - one higher than the other, like you are bout to fall over, (again anja is your cue)...

The black stockings look great, and fit the costunme ( I dont know the character), in future, I think white would look younger by about 5-8 yrs... more lolitta if that is the look you are going for

the hair - I love it. maybe make the pony tails a little higher, but otherwise I think you got it down!

Sorry if I am bitching, but you did such a great job -- I just wanted to give you my 2 cents to 'send it over the top' into DIVA model glam fab girl!!!!

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJ Izumi you are my hero(ine) as well (with that psycho awesome hair), you are so glam! I bet you'll look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! must get picteurs of your costume this weekend....
aUSA sanzo. trowa. jessie (poke-crack). ghetto-suzu. yuki.

Last edited by natsukoarts : 05-24-2006 at 03:42 AM.
natsukoarts is offline   Reply With Quote