Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
KaosEfx
Pluck Nutty Man, Blah!!!

Lightbulb Need Help With A Gambit Costume

Hey people!!!! I'm trying to make a Gambit Costume for Animazement, but I don't really know how to do this because I've never done this and I don't know how to sew. I know I need a trenchcoat, and I have an awesome set of cards, but after that, I don't really know what to do. I won't need a wig, because my hair will probably work just fine, and I have the smartass look like Gambit does. I can also do the accent. The costume is what's bothering me though. Can anyone give me some help or ideas, and maybe post pics of Gambit that may show a good costume design?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone!

-Jei-
KaosEfx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-26-2003, 08:33 PM   #2
djmihoshi
I have misplaced my pants

first, lemmie just say WOOT FOR GAMBIT. no one cosplays as the x-men anymore...hmm...perhaps I should be shadowcat next-next a-kon.....hmmm...(wow...I already have costumes for the next few a-kons...that can't be good)

Ahywhoo....
here's one big honkin' picture to work off of:
http://www.snikt.com/COTA/images/Ima...COTA--2171.jpg

I really dunno what to say about that shirt..as for the shoes.....get an old pair of shoes, add posterboard in the front that goes up to your knees for support, then duct tape/paper mache....then paint it....But that's just my idea and I'm not very good at this either
djmihoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
Something Lulu
ROCK FACTS

Wel, since you don't sew and it's going to be under the trenchcoat anyway, you could probably be cheap with the rest of the costume. The first thing I do with costumes is look at them and see if I can buy any of the clothing from a regular store. So with Gambit... Well, for the shirt you might want to try finding a tight reddish shirt out of some kind of stretchy material, and a blue turtleneck. Cut off the top part of the turtleneck so it looks like the top of Gambit's shirt and attach it to the red shirt. Then roll up some lighter blue fabric and cover the edges of the turtleneck and the hem of the red shirt. You don't even need to sew any of this - believe me, fabric glue is a wonderful thing. As for the pants, tight black (?) pants (you could probably get away with non-baggy black jeans) with cut out blue fabric (you can use the rest of the turtleneck for this, so the colors will match) and glue it on the pants. djmihoshi gave you good advice about the boots, and as long as you have the trenchcoat you should be fine. Hope this helps. ^_^
Something Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
JoeBoeing
Man Kitty

Greetings,

As a Gambit fan let me say thanks for doing him.

As to the shirt... I think a muscle shrit would work and then you can color that a pinkish red and then you should be able to design the other part of his shirt that blue that goes around his neck with trial and error and velcro it onto the muscle shirt.

A royal blue would work for that and a sky blue trim would look nice as in the pic.

As for the shin gaurd/boots... I have no idea.

For the upper part of his shirt I suggest papergrocery bags taped together and then when you get the right shape you can use each bag piece as the pattern.

Good luck!

From,
Joe
JoeBoeing is offline   Reply With Quote