Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #1
TiyenaKayla

Can't decide on shoes please help

I just finished this outfit and now I can't decide which shoes would be best and as well what colour shoes.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=683470

As well I need help on how to style my hair any advice will be helpfull.
TiyenaKayla is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I'd go with white shoes if you can't find the right shade of yellow, which would be my first choice. I think white gogo boots would rock with this, but that's just me; most lolitas tend to prefer platform shoes, maryjanes, and that sort of thing. If you could find a pair of the Chinese-style maryjane flats, those would be cute too. Of course, there are a lot of great colors in the fabric you could pick up-- orange, green, strawberry-- that would also go with this. You have a lot of options.

As for your hair... well, I checked your gallery (Is that your little girl? How cute is she?!?) and if your hair is currently in that style, maybe some low pigtails floofed out into pom-poms would be cute, with little plastic fruits or white flowers on barrettes at the ponytail holders. Otherwise, a ruffly lace headband (almost like one of the maid styles), again with some plastic fruit if you could find them, would rock.

More authentic lolitas might advise you differently, but I don't like rules.

--Penny
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

I'd personally choose a white pair of shoes, and make detatchable bows to put on a pair of cute maryjanes.. that way, you can use them for other things too^^

and since that's a wa-lolita.. I'd do a slightly oriental style... maybe with some hair sticks that have little fruit beads and things on them? I think that'd be major cute-age. ^^
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

ďA keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearableĒ
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 01:25 AM   #4
Temperance
Elves are Jerks

yeah Mary janes are pretty much and all-round generic Loli shoe. If you don't want white ones, you could go for red ones and then add red hair accessories to compliment them
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/temperance/ - Furaffinity
Temperance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 10:13 AM   #5
Dia
time for silver jets

Something like this might also look cute with an open-toe shoe or sandal - maybe even some cute painted/decorated geta. ^_^
Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2006, 03:45 PM   #6
Umi
Bass-inating

White ballerina style rocking shoes would be cute or since it's wa-loli you can go for modern zori - these come in a bunch of colors and styles so I'm sure you can get some in yellow.
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
Rei.Ayanami
0001-227-09

I haft to agree with penny dreadful. White go-go boots would look cute, but since it's wa-loli...You may want an oriental type shoes. Like some Geta? Or even for a cutesie look you could find yellow platform flipflops!

As for hair, if you have long enough hair, I say pulled back into a messy bun with chop-sticks that look fruity.
Dr. Girlfriend: 60%
Yuffie(Advent Children): 15%
Rei.Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Oh, yes! This plus these equals FAAAAABULOUUUUS! I might actually make some fruity chopsticks now...

--PD
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 03:54 AM   #9
Pixie of Death
chaotic fabulous

Fruity hairsticks?! Zounds! Makes me wish I had enough hair for them. That's the one thing I miss about having hair down to my arse. *sigh*

White mary janes with little yellow, fruit accented bows... would be soooo cute!

I think I'm horribly jealous.
Ulquiorra Cifer | Bleach

.x.x.x. Costume journal, tutorials, and general wackiness here .x.x.x.
Pixie of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #10
Fiona LeFae
The Anti-Crime Mime

I'm going to go out on a cosplay limb here.
What I am about to say is the least lolita thing in the freaking world, but I've been watching too many Fanta commercial to not say it.

White high heels with ties that go up the leg. Would that not look fabulous? a little Paris Hilton, but still cute as hell. Maybe attach some fruit-type charms on them somewhere. For the hair, I want to see two buns, high on the head, with fruity hair accessories and red and yellow ribbons hanging off of them. Dern straight.

You'd look sort of like a pop culture icon.

Since you are going for lolita stuff, I've decided to list that, too.

For shoes, I suggest red high-heeled Mary Janes with yellow bows with little fruti charms. Then, white knee-highs with red ribbon tied about the knees.

For the hair, ringlets, and some red and yellow (maybe purple, too?) curled ribbon tossed in there. A little red tophat with a yellow bow, fruit charms, and some yellow and white tulle hanging down the back would be spectacular.

You need to have hot-awesome make-up, too, like yellow harlequin lips or big red eyelashes or something.

Sorry, I'm getting carried away.

Love,
Fiona LeFae

Remember,
There are worse things
than a shattered chandelier.

Last edited by Fiona LeFae : 06-12-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Fiona LeFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #11
NeoSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona LeFae
I'm going to go out on a cosplay limb here.
What I am about to say is the least lolita thing in the freaking world, but I'm been watching too many Fanta commercial to not say it.

White high heels with ties that go up the leg. Would that not look fabulous? a little Paris Hilton, but still cute as hell. Maybe attach some fruit-type charms on them somewhere. For the hair, I want to see two buns, high on the head, with fruity hair accessories and red and yellow ribbons hanging off of them. Dern straight.

You'd look sort of like a pop culture icon.

Since you are going for lolita stuff, I've decided to list that, too.

For shoes, I suggest red high-heeled Mary Janes with yellow bows with little fruti charms. Then, white knee-highs with red ribbon tied about the knees.

For the hair, ringlets, and some red and yellow (maybe purple, too?) curled ribbon tossed in there. A little red tophat with a yellow bow, fruit charms, and some yellow and white tulle hanging down the back would be spectacular.

You need to have hot-awesome make-up, too, like yellow harlequin lips or big red eyelashes or something.

Sorry, I'm getting carried away.

Love,
Fiona LeFae
If you were on crack,maybe...

OH! BUST!
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:44 AM   #12
Fiona LeFae
The Anti-Crime Mime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSpike

OH! BUST!
Matt, you suck.
A lot.
Why do you hate me? XD
Love,
Fiona

Remember,
There are worse things
than a shattered chandelier.
Fiona LeFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:53 AM   #13
Poor Jack
..is not very tall.

Such a cute outfit! I also think that a really pretty pair of lacquered geta would be awesome, maybe with some fruity charms attached.

Something like this might be a thing to consider, also: http://cgi.ebay.com/JAPANESE-GETA_W0...QQcmdZViewItem

Not very loli.. but yes.

AWA 13, AnimeSouth '07
∑ 2007 PLANS ∑
Sohma Momiji ∑ Fruits Basket
Pyocola Analogue III ∑ DiGi Charat
Poor Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #14
TiyenaKayla

I know it's not what most ppl call loli but I started off with a wa-loli style Just when I got the the fabric store I fell in love with the frutie fabric. It may not be what most of you consider loli, but If I'm going to wear something that is not normally seen and will get lots of staires I'm going to make sure they have a reason to staire. Besides isn't thins mostly about what you like and what you have fun with.

Oh yes and to all you who gave me some great idea's as soon as I have the money I will buy something and show it off. Thank you for your advice.

p.s. Sorry for any spelling mistakes I know I'm bad at spelling.
TiyenaKayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #15
Pixie of Death
chaotic fabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSpike

OH! BUST!
I guess I need to cut back, then. 'Cuz dude, seriously, I WANT that outfit!
Ulquiorra Cifer | Bleach

.x.x.x. Costume journal, tutorials, and general wackiness here .x.x.x.
Pixie of Death is offline   Reply With Quote