Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 05-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

EGL design help

I was wondering if anyone here would mind helping me on my own GothLoli! <3

Okies. I still need to design the front, but I am wondering how I would make the front, the cheapest and most effeciant way to make it. And where I could get all the parts for it, and what type I could need...

Oh, and what type of GothLoli would this design be concidered as?

-image of design is attached-
Attached Images
File Type: png EGL.png (91.4 KB, 0 views)
ParaPara*Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-17-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

costume lolita^^ (which isn't a bad thing)

simplicity has a few patterns that work quite well..
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable”
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #3
TeddyBearNarcs
Panda Loli-Chan!

It's either cosplay lolita or ero lolita... The skirt is much too short to be lolita. ((Also, as a note, the way you designed your cape is a little wonky. Check lolitasnap for cape shapes)).

Check Simplicity, if you don't feel comfortable making your own patterns. They have many loli-able patterns that you can use. If you don't care about fabric, go ot JoAnns and pick up cheapo-beapo fabric ((but not cheap lace!)) to make your dress. By cheapo-beapo, I mean $2.99/yard fabric.

Also, pick up a spool of black ribbon. They've got some at JoAnns for about $0.50/spool.

Or, if you don't want to make it from scratch, go to a thrift store and pick up pieces to modify!

Hope I helped.
"Lolita is all about looking cute and innocent. If you want to look like a lolita and act like a whore, that's your perogative, but don't you DARE dress like a whore and call yourself lolita. That's not what it's all about."

Black Cutaway Lolita JSK ((for use with the red Meta cutsew)): 100% designed, 0% completed

BluexBlackxWhite Lolita: 100% designed, 100% completed
TeddyBearNarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
Candycane Sores
☆ Kiss Me ☆

I agree with TeddyBearNarcs. Ribbon is going to be a good friend if you're doing a loli. ^^ Thrift stores a lot of the time have nice lacey capes that would work nicely for your idea. I would agree at making the skirt a little longer, maybe if you don't want seperate pieces under it to give it some lace or fluff, you could sew some pieces under it for a more layered look. If you're making your own and are not experienced, just as a heads up, pleats are hard! ^^ I wish you loads of luck.
Unread 05-21-2006, 04:49 AM   #5
TeddyBearNarcs
Panda Loli-Chan!

Agreed with Candycane Sores. Pleats are very difficult. You'd be better off to gather the skirt where it meets the bodice part if you're inexperienced. If you know what you're doing, by all means go right ahead!
"Lolita is all about looking cute and innocent. If you want to look like a lolita and act like a whore, that's your perogative, but don't you DARE dress like a whore and call yourself lolita. That's not what it's all about."

Black Cutaway Lolita JSK ((for use with the red Meta cutsew)): 100% designed, 0% completed

Unread 06-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
Chibi Ice Wolf
Dead Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBearNarcs
It's either cosplay lolita or ero lolita... The skirt is much too short to be lolita. ((Also, as a note, the way you designed your cape is a little wonky. Check lolitasnap for cape shapes)).
I think it looks "wonky" too - I worry it will fit oddly over the sleeves! Very cute design though. ^^ The skirt is pretty short, though that's not necessarily bad as long as you wear some cute bloomers underneath! =D

ARIZONA HOBBYISTS PARADISE
Arizona-based community featuring anime, gaming, cosplay, fashion, art, BJDs and more!

Upcoming Cosplay: Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter), Chii (Tsubasa), Ai Kago (W), Sweets Lolita (Original)

Next up: Izumicon!
Chibi Ice Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2006, 11:53 AM   #7
ParaPara*Tsu
New Acct.- EmpressTORIA

What exactly is 'ero' Lolita?
And, yes, I will most likely modify a thirft store dress for my lolita designs. I have another design too, but i need to draw it, and I post it later. Thanks for that help! =D
ParaPara*Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2006, 01:12 AM   #8
TeddyBearNarcs
Panda Loli-Chan!

"ero" lolita is a style that many believe doesn't exist. Haha. It means "Erotic" Lolita. Basically, it's lolis who use corsets, short skirts, garters, show off their skin, etc. Lolita is demure, so using the aforementioned isn't very loli at all. ;P

Unread 07-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #9
aoisakura
=^._.^=

One thing though, most gothic looli designs in japanese I've seen are 5cm~ over the knee cap (even with right mesurements) I've not seen any longer.....