Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Photography Chat

Unread 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #556
ItsTroy

Maybe not at 1080p, but I do believe the both the 70D and 7D have 720/60p. I plan to do slow motion trick by adding 60fps footage to a 30fps timeline, so I can get better quality motion without interpolating via plugins.

Do you know of any dedicated video cameras that can get the same, if not better, video quality than DSLRs? I have an old Canon GL2, but that shoots at max 480i resolution o_0.

I find my current Nikon great for practicing camera technique and such but feel extremely limited with its capabilities. It might be gear Envy, but I do feel a little twinge every time I see footage my camera can't reproduce.

2017 Cons: Metrocon Shadocon

Last edited by ItsTroy : 04-17-2014 at 03:28 PM.
ItsTroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #557
Ose_93
is under your bed

I'm looking for a camera that is better than the current one I own and has a continuous shooting feature.

I have a Canon PowerShot SD750 7.1MP. My mom got it for me years ago and I think it's about time for an upgrade.

My ideal price range is $100 - $150, but I can go up to $200. I'm okay with getting a used camera.

I don't know very much about cameras, so there aren't any detailed specifications I am looking for. I just want something that isn't extremely bulky when I go to conventions and take picture of cosplayers. My current camera blurs frequently when I take pictures of myself using the timer, so it'd be nice to have one that doesn't do that (though this might be because I don't have a tripod).

The only thing I'm asking for is something with a continuous shooting feature which I want to take pictures of my pets.

Any recommendations?

Cosplay Plans:

Kishitani Shinra
Okumura Yukio
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #558
Av4rice
shameless photo whore

Fuji XF1 or a used Canon S110. Good quality in pocketable size. Both have continuous shooting.

Are you at least using a stable surface for timer shots? It may be blur from your own movement rather than the camera's, or just missed focus. Shooting in a brighter scene will allow the camera more leeway for a faster shutter speed to freeze any motion.