Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 05-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #1
Aer Arcanum
Willing to Dream Forever

Riku (KHII) Jacket

Hey, look! Yet another KHII question! Yeah, I feel really stupid for asking this, but... I'm having trouble with the white jacket Riku wears over his first black vest. It's the collar/lapels (?) that are confusing me, since I've never sewn anything like that before or seen a pattern for such a thing. To me, it seems like the lapels (sorry if that's the incorrect term, feel free to correct me, I only picked up the word a few days ago) are part of the front of the jacket, but in that case they're also connected to the collar. So, is it possible to make a collar connected to the front of the jacket when you first cut it out instead of sewing it on? I've never seen that before. Or is that even how lapels are made? I have some crazy plan in my head but since I don't have an enormous amount of experience I'm not fully confident everything'll work out in the end. Any ideas? Does anyone know of any patterns I should look at? Or is it easy enough to just work one out myself?

In an almost completely unrelated topic, does that belt look like it's attached to his shirt to anyone else but me? Or am I just crazy?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RikuII02.jpg (187.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RikuII03.jpg (165.0 KB, 0 views)

For Myself: Mytho- Princess Tutu (0%)
For Friends: Ahiru- Princess Tutu (0%), Rue- Princess Tutu (0%)
Planned!
Antimony- Gunnerkrigg Court
Completed!
Zidane- FFIX, Bakura- Yu-Gi-Oh
Genericon, Connecticon, Bakuretsucon
Aer Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Kairi_Heartless
Does it make sense?

Hm... I don't think it's attached to the shirt... Riku's just standing a bit... odd *ggg*
Unread 05-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
Kuro Yue
Abandoned

Wow. The way you've worded it is so. . .confusing. . .Are you talking about the yellow part that's open? Because you can achieve that effect just by ironing it after construction. Other than that, you can just make it like a normal shirt.

As for the collar part that seems separate and yet connected at the same time. . .You can just sew it on (with a small modification from the pattern if you're using one) and then have the inside yellow part as one piece to hide the seam. That's what I did.
Kuro Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
Aer Arcanum
Willing to Dream Forever

^^;; Sorry! I knew that would come off weird. Yeah, I'm talking about the yellow folded over part. It just seemed to me that what he has is bigger than what can be achieved by just folding a normal jacket back. But I will make test jackets and try this. ^^;; Thanks, and sorry for the long, unintelligible paragraph, lol.

For Myself: Mytho- Princess Tutu (0%)
For Friends: Ahiru- Princess Tutu (0%), Rue- Princess Tutu (0%)
Planned!
Antimony- Gunnerkrigg Court
Completed!
Zidane- FFIX, Bakura- Yu-Gi-Oh
Genericon, Connecticon, Bakuretsucon
Aer Arcanum is offline   Reply With Quote