Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 05-31-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
reannaremick

Firefly/Serenity at Dragon Con 2006

For those of you interested in marching with your fellow Browncoats in the parade or entering the costume contest this year at Dragon Con, this information is for you! In order to pre-register for the parade so we can inform the convention of how many people will be in our group, send an e-mail to sebcparade@gmail.com and include the information listed below:

* Full Name
* Username
* E-Mail Address
* Costume you will wear in the parade (or simply "Original Design" if it is not a character-based costume)
* Whether you plan to march in the parade, enter the costume contest, or both

At the moment we don't have a solid location for the costume contest, but it is slated to take place after the parade. Once there is a more definite time and place, or any other details have been decided on about the events, such as prizes for the contest, e-mails will go out to the address you pre-registered with. For more information check out our website http://southeasternbrowncoats.com/ (Which is having server issues at the moment, but should be fully functional again soon) for links to the yahoo group and livejournal community. Any further questions regarding the parade/costume contest can be sent to sebcparade@gmail.com , please do not send them to the webmaster of the site or the president of SEBC. Thanks, and keep flying!

-Reanna

(Crossposted pretty much everywhere)
reannaremick is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Arlette
Let it Go

Hi. ^_^ My husband and I are going to be Mal and Inara, but I don't quite understand what you're asking people to register for. At first I thought you meant to get a Firefly group together for the parade, but then you said something about a costume contest, so now I'm confused.

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
reannaremick

It's both, sort of. I just need you to say in the e-mail whether you're registering for the parade alone, the contest alone, or if you plan on participating in both. I'm organizing both events and the contest will follow the parade, so most people marching will be in the contest anyhow. That's why it's one e-mail address for both events. Sorry for any confusion ^_^
Unread 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
Evali
Catboy Lover

I'm pretty sure we'll be wearing Firefly costumes at Dragoncon. What day is the parade/contest? Is this a Firefly universe only contest? (Sorry, remember I'm a Dragoncon newbie!)
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

The parade at D*C is always Saturday morning around 10ish if I recall correctly. Muster is at 8:30am though.

The costume contest is Firefly/Serenity or inspired-from original designs.

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
TechieCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #6
reannaremick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evali
Is this a Firefly universe only contest? (Sorry, remember I'm a Dragoncon newbie!)
Yes, this is Firefly/Serenity ONLY because it's part of the Southeastern Browncoats events, not actually a "Dragon Con" event. We don't have our own track, just a fan table and a strong willpower

There is a Buffy track that also covers Angel and some other Joss things, I believe they have a "Buffyverse" costume contest as well, or they have in the past, but I don't know when that will be or who's organizing it.
Unread 07-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #7
TheWickedOne
alcoholic since 1980!

some friends of mine will be doing firefly cosplay this year. i will be too, if i can make it too the con. so there will be a kaylee, inara, wash (i think) and if i show up, mal. there is talk of someone else doing saffron. also, it would be difficult to get all the props, ut if properly convinced, i may do the jayne thing instead, as i'm told i have the jayne attitude in everyday life anyway.
TheWickedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #8
TheWickedOne
alcoholic since 1980!

as it turns out, while the iffy-ness of our trip to dragon*con looms over us, the reality of our own firefly crew is expanding. someone has ripped the dream of being mal out of my hands and confronted me with the realism of a jayne portrayed by me, since i won't actually have to act the part. my best friend, the resident wise-@$$, will be malcolm, my girl, cat, will be kaylee, and we have an inara, and a good doctor simon. as of yet, no river, wash or zoe

some people already now were i stand on cosplaying, at least for me personally. i don't like to cosplay a character that i can't physically resemble. i'm tall and skinny, and jayne is of moderate height and muscular build. i guess the idea, is for me to wear the orange hat his mother gives him, since i refuse to cut my hair. and then find a soft air gun to paint, dress up and name vera. (since she is my most favorite gun)

basically, a little all around advice is what i'm asking for. we probably won't take part in the contest, but we'd love to meet up with the group and take some photos. hit me back and tell me what you think.
TheWickedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:32 PM   #9
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Well, I'm definately there with my Wash stylings.
“You’re better than having to deal with assholes. You’re better than people who don’t honor you. You’re fucking awesome, this is your journey, and it should not be slowed down—I don’t care if it’s your boss, your boyfriend, or your fucking dog. Anyone that doesn’t dig your shit, then you need to move on, because we don’t have time to waste. However, you do have an obligation: You–must–rock.” -Greg Behrendt
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote