Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 06-02-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
Jitensha

asian eyes anyone?

Unlike my boyfriend whos Japanese, I need to kill the 'cute couples cosplay' thing by not looking asian <_<; it's not a curse, I love who I am T_T but for cuteness sake, how can I make my eyes look asian!? I know I would need serious surgery for that lol...but I want a more less painful and not permanent method. Any tecqniques? :O
Jitensha is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
Senko-chan

ummm...maybe white eyeliner? I don't think it matters what your eyes look like so it doesnt really matter.
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #3
Mai Kirasaki
&amp;amp;quot; ^_^&amp;amp;quot;

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitensha
Unlike my boyfriend whos Japanese, I need to kill the 'cute couples cosplay' thing by not looking asian <_<; it's not a curse, I love who I am T_T but for cuteness sake, how can I make my eyes look asian!? I know I would need serious surgery for that lol...but I want a more less painful and not permanent method. Any tecqniques? :O
~Mai looks in the mirror and sighs~
I want asian eyes too and even though I have 25% Japanese blood it does not help enough.

The only thing I was able to do was add a little eye liner to the inside of the upper eye lid closest to the nose. I know you are not supposed to apply liner there but it kinda helped.

Maybe play with your brows too by using a brow brush and pencil.

If you find other tips please forward them to me...

Good luck
Mai Kirasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Wear bright colored contacts and use some makeup and make a line on what is supposedly the line of your eyelids, which most of us asians don't have. I know most say that makeup in certain ways makes you look more asian, but actually...well at least for me, eyeliner seem to open up my eyes, to where without it my eyes look small, lol. ^^" Hope that helps.
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
Jitensha

I'm happy the way I look, I just want to do this for my next con. I'll try working around with make-up like u guys said, if you remember any tips let me know ^^
Unread 06-02-2006, 08:28 PM   #6
SunakoChan
Dobato!

I found this article:

http://beauty.about.com/od/makeuptri...eyeshadows.htm

Check out my shop here
SunakoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #7
natsukoarts
wanker? yes, please...

contacts definitely, the lighter the better. i am half-japanese so my eyes are a little atypical, but i can make them look more caucasian with the use of light contacts, and highlights and eyeliner to make them look wider and use the eyeliner to make them turn up
aUSA sanzo. trowa. jessie (poke-crack). ghetto-suzu. yuki.
natsukoarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #8
Jitensha

nice link ty, Sunako chan :P
Unread 06-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #9
ChaosButterfly
Cosplay Kitty n' Belle

It's funny, because many asian people get surgery or use a really odd little thing in order to give themselves a double eyelid...essentially what white people, mexicans...basically everyone else has. ^_^' Though..that little toy might help you with making your eyes seem more asian if you can use it to hide your double eyelid.

http://news.3yen.com/2005-01-24/makeup-lesson/

×has given up estimating for now×

Last edited by ChaosButterfly : 06-03-2006 at 11:32 PM.
ChaosButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 02:45 AM   #10
Jitensha

yeah I know that devil tool lol! When I went to Japan my host sister used one. In amazement I was like "What are you doing Maya @_@!!??" she just replied she was making her eyes bigger...right >.>; then I asked what the white stuff she added to her eye was...she replied GURU-...glue =_=;; why oh why....
Unread 06-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #11
Mai Kirasaki
&amp;amp;quot; ^_^&amp;amp;quot;

Well after reading that I decided to do an experiment yesterday.
I still have long nails so I was able to do this without the tool and I will tell ya that it works both ways.
last night I applied fake eyelash glue along the edge of my upper lid as if applying liner. I pulled down the loose skin just above it onto the glue and held it in place with my nails on one eye. I pulled the extra skin over the glue to it ended up even with my eye lash.

When I looked back in the mirror I had what looked like a natural (no crease) asian eye. I will try it again and take a picture to show you. Unfortunately the glue did not hold for more than 10 minutes so maybe I need to find out what they use in Japan with that tool.

I guess there is hope after all without surgery.

Mai Kirasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
Soopiekff

I'm assuming you mean you want to appear more asian instead of the opposite.

The only thing I can say to do is apply eyeliner (Probably grey-ish. You don't want it to be too noticeable, but you do want it to be there) on the BOTTOM rim of your eye. While eyeliner on the top eyelid opens up the eye and makes it appear larger, on the bottom lid it makes the eye appear smaller. It also may help to smudge it a little upwards on the outside and downwards on the inside so you get sort of a slant.

I don't think I'm explaining this well so a picture may help:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...iekff/asma.jpg

The green would be the liner. Sorry it's so poorly drawn, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. This method works for me, but I have extremely small, slightly slanted eyes anyway.

Last edited by Soopiekff : 06-04-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Soopiekff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #13
xinababo
Enjoy your spaghetti.

Some Asians are born with double eyelids. Some are not. Unfortunately, I had to be one of the girls that weren't, so I'm looking forward to that surgery. Right now, I use double eyelid glue. It really does lift up the eyes and make them have a better shape. Asians have a LOT of FAT on their eyes and eye sockets are hardly ever visible.

If you already have caucasian shaped eyes, chances are that you will not be able to look Asian, because it's just a whole different shape. Even doing that cateye trick with eyeliner won't work. This is also because of your other facial features. I noticed how Asians also have a different nose as well as face shape than other races o_o;

Crazy stereotypical Asian make up will just make you look more exotic, not Asian =T I'd just say wear really awesome make up that flatters your eyes and everything else and you're set.

KORE TE DESTINYYYY~?! -Nobuta wo Produce <3
xinababo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
Kateko
Queen of Froofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinababo
Some Asians are born with double eyelids. Some are not. Unfortunately, I had to be one of the girls that weren't, so I'm looking forward to that surgery. Right now, I use double eyelid glue. It really does lift up the eyes and make them have a better shape. Asians have a LOT of FAT on their eyes and eye sockets are hardly ever visible.

If you already have caucasian shaped eyes, chances are that you will not be able to look Asian, because it's just a whole different shape. Even doing that cateye trick with eyeliner won't work. This is also because of your other facial features. I noticed how Asians also have a different nose as well as face shape than other races o_o;

Crazy stereotypical Asian make up will just make you look more exotic, not Asian =T I'd just say wear really awesome make up that flatters your eyes and everything else and you're set.
Oh, please please please don't do anything to your eyes! I'm looking through your gallery, you have one of the prettiest faces ever T_T I wish I looked like that!
Reita - Zetsu - the GazettE 0% (Planning!)
Kateko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 02:43 AM   #15
LauraC
Dangerous Beauty

Don't get eyelid surgery...thats scary! And there's always the "What if" factor! Try lining your eyes on the top from the middle to the very end only and the bottom as well...with the smallest line possible. And at the ends, wing it out a tiny bit = cateyes makes you look sexy/exotic.

Also try some fake lashes. I use MAC Cosmetics Lashes #7 (the fakest most realistic lashes ever)! A Make-up artist can assist you how to apply them!

If you have any questions at all please PM me! I'm a Makeu-up Artist for MAC and I can answer any make-up Q's!
LauraC is offline   Reply With Quote