Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 286 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:12 AM   #1501
[CATASTROPHIC]

@meatpuppet you can get your hair like
utada hikaru

her hair is a bit longer than yours though. but you can just grow it out
http://p-images.veoh.com/image.out?i....jpg&version=4
[CATASTROPHIC] is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2007, 04:49 AM   #1502
meatpuppet
Master of Puppets

Catastrophic: oh, yeah.
I would have to grow my hair some more.
but how would I get the layers to look like that?
gel, hairspray, etc.?

and thank you for the picture, I looked up more.
we do have similiar cuts. :]
Just call my name, `cause I'll hear you scream-
Master!
meatpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #1503
serialkiller

hey guys im back .. well so far u guys have basically told me to get some bangs so im off trying hard to grow some bangs :P lol n once thats down im thinking of chopping n thinning my hair as u sayed then putting some red in the front i think it will look nice n im gonna try to keep it more clean cause im gonna be working soon as a night manager for a restorant so ya. ill send pics when my hairs all nice n prettty :P lol btw my gf wants to get her cut soon too she went throught all the different kinds of looks n so forth just getting out of the emo slice i guess n she wants something new so i told her id see if i can get an idea or two so im asking u guys if anyone out there can give me a hand with finding a hot look for my girl <3 i rather longer hair but she likes it short so sometihng in the middle id love thanks again here are some pics of her...
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1_2006/7-1.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/101_0323.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/101_0374.jpg

hope this helps n thanks again
serialkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:30 PM   #1504
ayutada2005

how often do you need to get your hair trim??
ayutada2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #1505
Mijikai

every 4 to 6 weeks...so maybe a month or so. But not too much of a trim. Just enough to get rid of any split ends and stuff :3
Mijikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #1506
serialkiller

hey welll ive taken all ur advice into care n im gonna grow my bangs n then chop n layer n thin the top a lot as mentioned n then hopefully put some red over my black again so it would look all nice n pretty so ya if i need anything else ill come over n ask but once again tips on how to make my hair stay up n stuff like general no how would be awsome... also my gf wants to get hers cut soon so i told her id help her pick something nice... she wants something new so i figured why not this lol shes gone throught mostly everything lol jsut getting out of the emo slice i guess so ya here some pics n i hope that u guys n gals can help me out once again thxs
okay well i was going to put on the link ot the pics but for some reason whenever i try to do so it wont post my message so ya im a lil confused n i really want to get my gf a good look so i really wanted u guys help :< i guess ill just upload the pics on my profile ... or if someone tells me how i can put them on here i will... thxs

Last edited by serialkiller : 08-28-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: links...
serialkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #1507
ayutada2005

I've been looking through some jrock music videos and pictures and notice that all of them have nice and silky hair. Does all jrockers have natural straight hair? And with all the colors they put in, their hair still looks healthy. Is there a magic potion that they sell to achieve this?
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #1508
Aretimis
Musical Diva

Yes its called CONDITIONER lol actuly im serious let your conditioner sit in you hair awhile and it will help a TON trust me it also takes away the frizzies but i find the best to get silky smooth hair like jrockers is frucias * spell check peoples* garniers silk and shine shampoo and conditioner and i let the conditioner sit for 3min and i dye my hair alot and its still nice

wow i sound like some sorta ad rofl thats so sad
Aretimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #1509
ayutada2005

thanks for the tips. i might try that to see what happens. and yes u do sound like an AD.
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #1510
Mijikai

I dunno, i find Herbal Essence Dangerously Straight Shampoo and Conditioner works better (especially for asians) when you leave the conditioner in for a while. When you dry your hair and straighten it, it's a whole lot smoother and straight.

But that's just me..some people tell me it doesnt work, but i guess it's just a personal suggestion =\
Mijikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:21 PM   #1511
ayutada2005

what do the japanese jrockers use? Probably i have to go to japan to find out.
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:37 PM   #1512
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayutada2005 View Post
I've been looking through some jrock music videos and pictures and notice that all of them have nice and silky hair. Does all jrockers have natural straight hair? And with all the colors they put in, their hair still looks healthy. Is there a magic potion that they sell to achieve this?
Well them being stars, they might have their hair taken care of professionally, but no...not all of them have natural straight hair. Nor is it silky. Like my chunk looks like it's in the same condition as my natural black hair, but the blond is seriously dead when you touch it x_x;

(hur hur, yes this the pic I posted a while ago...I haven't taken any new ones lately >.<)
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...L/100_5540.jpg

J-rockers really have to sacrifice their hair with all the coloring they do to it. They are actually damaging their hair, but again, there might be some professional way they're keeping it okay.

But yeah...there is a difference with Asian hair and caucasian hair (and other races too lol). So depending on the product, you have to consider that there might be products better for caucasians or better for asians.

>_>; my mom's making me grow my hair...like, period. I don't think I can take a trim for a while, b/c my mom's getting to get that magic perm stuff that's expensive done at a hair salon...>_>; I guess I'll have to go for "long" j-rock hairstyles for a while now...(though as long as I can grow my tail in the back...I'll be happy :3)

Last edited by Deathfire : 08-29-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #1513
Pandy!
Pandy!

I have the same problem as you. The person who cut my hair, she has jrock hairstyle but she doesn't even know it. I said to cut it short, leave the bangs and have many layers. Now, I look like Sai from Naruto. My hair is really short and I wish it was longer like Kanon's from An Cafe. But just play around with your hair. Also, use gel if you want to Lol =3
So I got my haircut. I can spike it too >.< Its so awesome. But one thing, if you're going to get it cut reallt short... don't make the same mistake as I did.
Pandy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 12:18 AM   #1514
hi.to.ri
o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfire View Post
(hur hur, yes this the pic I posted a while ago...I haven't taken any new ones lately >.<)
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h8...L/100_5540.jpg

J-rockers really have to sacrifice their hair with all the coloring they do to it. They are actually damaging their hair, but again, there might be some professional way they're keeping it okay.

Ooh! i love that necklace. o.O might I inquire as to where you got it?

also, there are bunch of damage repairing deep conditioners you can buy to follow up the bleaching process, if you're worried about too much hair damage. It'll keep the scalp in good health, and should strengthen your hair enough to keep it from breaking.

I just got my hair layered/bleached up a bit. Here's a pic ( the makeup is for Rocky Horror Picture Show). Anyone have any styling suggestions?

edit: I'm the one on the left, if you couldn't tell. >_>
2. Archer
3. Takemoto (Honey and Clover)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hi.to.ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 01:46 AM   #1515
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi.to.ri View Post
Ooh! i love that necklace. o.O might I inquire as to where you got it?

also, there are bunch of damage repairing deep conditioners you can buy to follow up the bleaching process, if you're worried about too much hair damage. It'll keep the scalp in good health, and should strengthen your hair enough to keep it from breaking.

I just got my hair layered/bleached up a bit. Here's a pic ( the makeup is for Rocky Horror Picture Show). Anyone have any styling suggestions?

edit: I'm the one on the left, if you couldn't tell. >_>
XDDDD; looooong time ago at Kohl's...lol

Hmmm...with styling, you could easily flip the sides out...I'd give some ref pics, but I'm kinda sleepy lol. And if the top of the head had slight shorter hair, you could possibly stick it up like Ruki's mebbe...

Last edited by Deathfire : 08-30-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote