Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 4.90 average.
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #1591
Aretimis
Musical Diva

storm1110-you and me are in the same boat =( I have freaky thick hair ( dont have to worry about being some bald lady though rofl ) i have to pay for 2 cuts and dyes and ect. when i get my hair done
Aretimis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #1592
Mijikai

storm: i understand your love for your hair X3 same with me too! If you wanna keep your long hair, you only need to shorten it a bit. But if you want a completely different cut, then you'll have to shorten the layers more. It makes it easier to spike, but a lot of people dont wanna cut their hair XD

thick hair is demonic v.v
Mijikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #1593
storm1110

hahaa fair enough and YEAH thick hair does, the thing is, if i did get my hair thinned out loads and stuff, are there any awesome styles that'd actually look AMAZING anddd be easy to do?
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...0707014116.jpg
(im bored..)
storm1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #1594
Fireheart Storm
Tommyknockers

I'm back! I got a hold of that straightener.
I also did the best I could, this is my fist time doing this, ^^;;;

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z.../random027.jpg

In this one I'm holding up my shortest layer
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z.../random029.jpg
Unread 09-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #1595
Mijikai

storm: Waaaahh!!! XD awesome job!!! I wish i could use you to jab people with. Like...a storm1110 plushie with real spiked hair (coated with metal and death) *0*

well, you can do various styles if you layered it differently. If you thin it too much, you can lose too much mass and then it'll just feather and wither @_@

Fireheart: There's some improvement ^^ Over time, it'll get easier. You could do the Uruha/Satty flips or maybe with help from a friend, spike it a bit. Grassblades. Whatever :3 Try and experiment. But lets see how the flipping goes.

Oh yeah, for some dumb reason, i made two videos of what to do with hair. Although tooru's style council link is way more awesome than mine, it's for the newcomers. Oh, and my hair is medium-long....but short if you forget about the long part! ^^; oh yeah, please excuse my over-sized shirt...and my "hairstyle" face....it's weird.

Anyway, this first vid is kinda basic on how to make the fluff...it's way easier when you have shorter layers at the base of your hair instead of longer layers down. Dont mind the right side of my hair, i kinda just twisted it and banana clipped it for a feathery look. Kinda an old style here, but...meh.

View My Video

This second vid is more of a textured look. It involves alot of messing up, then fixing, then messing up and blah. It helps make your layers more noticeabe (my layers are kind old and worn out, so please excuse) Also, it's kinda another way to do the fluff without the comb....but then again, my hair was drenched and frozen with hour worn hairspray ~_~ My scalp hurts. Basically, an all over spray to your layers. A topcoat, and for precision, spray some under. Wait a minute...or two...or four. Then start messing around, lifting it up. Experiment, be merry.

View My Video

P.S's: Get some good repairing shampoos; For an added look to the second vid, put some hair glue at the tips of your layers.

Last edited by Mijikai : 09-06-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Unread 09-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #1596
Mallt
The lesser of two weevils

Mijikai: aw, the videos are cute :3 I've always wanted to try the "fluff" but I think my layers are a bit too long...maybe

It occured to me that my bangs were beginning to take over my face
>> olddd (eh, can't see much, but it doesn't really matter right?)
So I decided to try and cut them myself. I've never cut my hair before, so it was an interesting experience. o.o;
I ended up stopping at this>> newww
What do you think? I'm still not 100% sure they look that great on me... should I make them more choppy? shorter? or should I just grow them out again...

Unread 09-07-2007, 04:47 PM   #1597
Mijikai

Mallt: ohhhh, i really adore the layout of it!! :3 it's kinda short, but when you grow it out some more, it'll look super cute ^^ i think you should keep it as is. awesome job.
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #1598
ayutada2005

u should make more videos!!!!
ayutada2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #1599
Mijikai

i guess i will when i trim my hair up a bit. Then i'll show people how to do the flips and anything else i know @.@

next time i'll play some music, so it wont be so boring =P
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #1600
Shukakachi
Shukakachi.deviantart.com

I wish I could do the whole J-rock hair thing but I'm too pail for it. If I coloured my hair black I'd be a vampire!

Toronto Cosplay Picnic

HAKUOUKI VERSION MIKUO

FanExpo 2010

Friday

KAMImaki - 'DEATH BRIGADE'

Saturday

Miki - 'VOCALOID'
Shukakachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:36 PM   #1601
Mijikai

Shukakachi: You can '.' it doesn't necessarily have to be black. You make it blond and add some black, or maybe some pink for the nyappy styles. I've met some REALLY pale peope and i think you can pull it off :3
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #1602
Shukakachi
Shukakachi.deviantart.com

if I give you a pick of me now could you give me an idea?? I can't upload on today but I can in a few days (must take a good pic of me first, not very photogenic)

Toronto Cosplay Picnic

HAKUOUKI VERSION MIKUO

FanExpo 2010

Friday

KAMImaki - 'DEATH BRIGADE'

Saturday

Miki - 'VOCALOID'
Shukakachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #1603
Mijikai

Shukakachi: Yeah, totally 'o' that's my main purpose here lol. It's okay, i can wait as long as you need me to.
Unread 09-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #1604
Aretimis
Musical Diva

Mijikai-Love the videos and i never knew that i was fluffinf my hiar everyday lol you really should make more
Aretimis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #1605
shinigamibagle1

Ok well im real big into the whole J-rock fashion. I dont get to dress this way mainly because i dont know where to get the stuff , but i often go to the local thrift store and hack away. Anyway back to the point i need some suggestion on how i can do my hair i mean right now its kinda just plain , but it has come along way. The only thing is that it must cover my ears because I have guages ,and at my school guys can not have Earings. I ahve bands which touch my chin and the the sides in front of my ear go down like a inch past my ear, then the back of my hair is aboutt he same length. so yeha i will try to get a pic up real soon
shinigamibagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote