Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 07-15-2006, 07:43 PM   #151
ArchangelMika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual Prince
I used to live out there. Honestly, I can't say if there are any specialized hairstylists who do, but if you have good reference pictures (or drawings, sketches, etc.) of the haircut you want, most places are more than happy to do so. (Check prices though, sometimes they charge you more for "Custom Cuts")
Yeah, that's what I normally do. Some hairstylists are better than others though, and I've found that alot of them want to "Americanize" the cut to some extent. Alot of them are into blending the hair together and I don't want blended, I want chunky uneveness and such. Even with a picture, many will put their own "spin" on it because it's what they're used to doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual Prince
As far as the red issue goes- It's really that bad after a week? xD I think I'll stick to the hyper-blonde then. :3 Or or...something. XD
After one week, I wouldn't call it bad per say, but just not as cool. The 4th week, on the other hand...

That's JMO, and it depends on the color of red you use and whether you bleached it first, and your own natural hair color/texture/healthyness, plus the products you put in it, etc, etc.

For example, I wash my hair every other day with a color shampoo which helps somewhat, but I also blow dry it (with a crappy blowdryer) and straighten it (with a really crappy non-ceramic straightener). That definately strips some of the color away. Then I subject it to a mountain of gel and hairspray which probably isn't too good for the color either. I don't know.

-mika
ArchangelMika is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #152
Senko-chan

Hrm, well I dont know if anyone here is from around NY, I was walking around one day near soho/the village or chinatown...around there ;-; I wias a little lost...but they had a Japanese haircutting salon Tokyo something >.>;; that wasnt much help...
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #153
Uglywombat2004

So like...I haven't actually been reading htis thread ( I should though... ) and I too want to make my hair jrock-ish (I wanted a hair change into Punk/Emo/Goth, then I remembered the almighty Visual Kei look) so like, I have alot of pictures of my hair, recently, though they have been slightly styled as it is form my sis and neighbor becaus eI wouldnt give up the compuiter chair...

Here they are in a myspace blog, cuz it was easiest to show them all. (Just add me if you need to see them)

BLOG!!!

I will post more of my ahir without spray in it. ANyways, I was going to get it cut. And I think I need 3-4 layers and some red highlights to do this, if anybody can provide more help please do so.

This picture http://i6.tinypic.com/152nlle.jpg

Please pm me if you can help me! ^_^

Flamboyant, Maple Syrup...
Uglywombat2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #154
Mijikai

Well, in order to do this hairstyle, you'll need it to be cut VERY short and style it yourself ^^ lol Strike that, very short and layered, lol. Of course you'll need to tell the stylist to adjust it by leaving pieces of the hair long (the red parts) You'll first need to find a simple haircut because if you bring this pic in, i don't think they will know where to start since in the pic, it is styled @_@
Mijikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #155
Uglywombat2004

Well, do you know where I can find a none styled pic?

Or could someone draw it? lol

Unread 07-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #156
Eos
to be surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senko-chan
Hrm, well I dont know if anyone here is from around NY, I was walking around one day near soho/the village or chinatown...around there ;-; I wias a little lost...but they had a Japanese haircutting salon Tokyo something >.>;; that wasnt much help...
There's two hairsalons that are Japanese that I know of in NY... Hair Kuwayama and Hoshi Coupe II...
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 12:20 AM   #157
Mijikai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uglywombat2004
Well, do you know where I can find a none styled pic?

Or could someone draw it? lol

Hmmm....i guess something along the lines of this would be perfect. (attachment below)

Make sure you get a lot of tiny layers, i suggest asking the people to razor the ends of your hair for that easy jagged look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comp.jpg (8.2 KB, 0 views)
Unread 07-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #158
Uglywombat2004

Hmm ok, thanks, I'll try that out.

I am also goign to search for salons or sumthing.

Unread 07-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #159
Leverett

Okay *jumps on bandwagon... mmm...comfy ^_- * I'm in desperate need of getting my hair cut. Normally, I have some style in mind, but this time I'm completely lost for ideas! I only come to this thread, notbecause I want to looklike a j-rocker, but because they happen to have the styles I like. I suppose over the years I've always had some sort of j-rockish hairstyle, but these days...well... my hair looks like crud. My old cool style grew out (it was awesome, short at the front on one side, moving down longer at an angle to the right. Then the back mimiced that,and I had shorter layers underneath longer layers so when I tucked the longer layers behind my ear it was like "whoah,new hair cut") Anyhow, I really desire something new, only the catch is, I've got hair down to my shoulders, and it's the longest I've had it in seven years. I'm used to short hair, but I don't want to just hack all of my hair off yet because I wanna see what it feels like to have 'long' hair.

Sooooo, I was wondering if you people could help me =D I want to keep my hair as long as possible, although I have absolutely no problem with shorter top layers. I don't want something that resembles a mullet, or something with everything short with a few longer whispy bits here and there (they get irritating very quickly...) I just miss having hair that I could do something with. These days there's nothing I can do with my hair, I can't change the style by putting in product or anything. All I can do is have it curly, wavy, or straight - and to me, that's kind of boring. I want an actual style!

At the moment, my hair is short-ish at the back, and longer at the front. Anyhow, here are some pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...e_/badhar2.jpg Terrifyingly bad hair... in it's 'natural' state, i.e - I hadn't really done much at all to it other than.... wake up that day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...e_/badhair.jpg Me with Evermore! Yay! My hair was only quickly straightened that morning so it still looks like crud

Straightening my hair on frequently to get a desired style right is no stranger to me. I'm used to it, and I'm used to having to put product in my hair every time to style it 'just right'. So don't hold back with suggestions, please! ^_^

Oh, and I was browsing this thread and came across a link to this: http://www.blue-neurose.de/images/ruki25.jpg I really like this hair style because of the messy layers and stuff, only... it's so short, and I think doing a longer version of it would ruin that style.

Anyhow, what do you think? what would I suit? (feel free to browse through my cosplay gallery to see other pictures of what I look like because I know the above two images are horrendous, lol. )\

Now, I think I best click the 'submit reply' button before I stay here talking any longer!

Thank you very much in advance!
Leverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #160
Mijikai

Hmmm....from what you're describing, it sounds like you want a Hizumi type haircut. It's not too short and not too long, but has all those messy choppy layers in it. His hair is simple yet unique when styled ^3^ If you want something else, i think i have alternative choices

"The Hizumi Look"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hizumi threat.jpg (16.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg yummy hizumi.jpg (15.4 KB, 0 views)
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:20 AM   #161
Leverett

Oooh, thank you Mijakai! I hope I didn't sound too demanding ^_^;;;

I'm curious as to what the alternative choices are though, so if you have the time/wanna put the effort in (if not, I don't mind xD) feel free to post the alternative choices!
Leverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:15 PM   #162
Uglywombat2004

Is there any Jrock Hairstyles website?

It would be godly. lol

Oh and I found a hair stylist who does Jrock hairstyles.

Unread 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #163
animejunkie247
Dir en Grey is LOVE

dose anyone know a place with some good pics of tsukasa cause i wanted to highlight my hair like his

thnx alot^^
Mom? How come? Why are they burying daddy? Who are those people? Why are they burying him? They can't! I don't like it! Daddy said he had lots of work to do and if they bury him, he can't do it when he wakes up! Stop them, mommy!! Daddy needs to do his work. He told me! Why are they burying daddy, mommy? Why? DADDY WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

This has to be one of the sadest moments in anime history

R.I.P
Lt. Mages Hughs
animejunkie247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #164
XmIyAvIX

Unhappy S.o.s.

I did my hair black, and I hate it!!!!!! It's f***ing ugly one me!!! are there any things that can make it go away faster?? PLZ help!! I take a shower twice a day now to make ot go away but now my hair is all fuzzy and annoying S.O.S.
XmIyAvIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #165
Shelke
~ ~ ~ ~

http://www.projectj.net/glay/glay1.jpg

Go For Hisashi Hair ^
I did it. I love it.
Yes I went extreme and actually did that to my hair... it's so fun.
Yami Bakura

~~~
we're walking in the air
we're floating in the moonlit sky..
Shelke is offline   Reply With Quote