Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 228 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 03-06-2008, 02:28 PM   #2341
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Your more than welcome!

Yes length for me is a must, because as I stated earlier on, after having brain surgery and close to no hair, I even freak when it gets anywhere near shoulder length. That is enless it is layers XD

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
xxmossgardenxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #2342
[S]
My Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifa-chan0980 View Post
Well I don't know about that much bang...I was thinking a bit infront of my eye, although I personally love what was done there. My bangs are in my face as it is, so all I would have to do is let them grow out.

@ S: Yes I am going. I am doing Tifa, Dion Riona, my Wa-loli again, and a chinese princess. O_O I am so going to find you and glomp you!

Yea I get what you're saying, in front of an eye is fine but almost half the face just bothers me for some reason, I don't know...

I plan on going as well. I'm doing that alternate L I was talking about, Anbu Itachi, and Aoi from the Gazette. Lol I doubt you can find and glomp me, I have eyes in the back, sides, top and bottom of my head o_O That and there'll be alot of L's...
[S] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #2343
October~
[No Regrets]

Quote:
Originally Posted by October~ View Post
Hey there guys! I've been here before, but I'm back! I just wanted to know what you guys thought color-wise about my hair. I want to add a streak of blonde on the underside, ala Anette of Nightwish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUhExDOHAg

My hair is rather short, so it wouldn't be that big. I'm growing it out really long, though, so yay for that. Any ideas for a style that would be pretty and not hinder my growing process too much?
http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...=cassie002.jpg

Sorry the flash is so bright. I was in a pinch, dying batteries, ya know?
So, no one answered me? Is someone willing to help? GEEZE.
October~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 09:21 PM   #2344
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Quote:
Originally Posted by [S] View Post
Yea I get what you're saying, in front of an eye is fine but almost half the face just bothers me for some reason, I don't know...

I plan on going as well. I'm doing that alternate L I was talking about, Anbu Itachi, and Aoi from the Gazette. Lol I doubt you can find and glomp me, I have eyes in the back, sides, top and bottom of my head o_O That and there'll be alot of L's...
Agreed but I think it may also be the way she posed in that image? Although it's still a lot of bang.

Oh I will...I will look for said giant lolipop!

@: October: Well being a bit rude and pushy is not going to help you for one.

Now no style comes to mind when I take a look at you. Did you take a look at the link to a site with tons of hairstyles a few post back to see if anything caught your eye?
Maybe it's me, but I could see shorty in the back and longer in the front on you? IE semi to long front bangs kind of like Aoi?
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ekaera/aoi.jpg

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:19 PM   #2345
[S]
My Custom User Title

Quote:
Agreed but I think it may also be the way she posed in that image? Although it's still a lot of bang.

Oh I will...I will look for said giant lolipop!

@: October: Well being a bit rude and pushy is not going to help you for one.

Now no style comes to mind when I take a look at you. Did you take a look at the link to a site with tons of hairstyles a few post back to see if anything caught your eye?
Maybe it's me, but I could see shorty in the back and longer in the front on you? IE semi to long front bangs kind of like Aoi?
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ekaera/aoi.jpg
Tifa:
We'll see
I bet I'll find you before you find me, and when I do I'll glomp you out of nowhere! It might be a little awkward if I mistake someone else for you though lol
By the way I showed that same picture to the hairdresser when I got my haircut in November, but it's grown out since then.

October~:
I think if you want the blonde streak to stick out, you can dye your hair a little darker. If you want your hair big, you can get layers done. It might hinder your process a little bit but your hair will look bigger while you wait for it to grow out.
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #2346
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

S: Well see ^^V

I agree about the layers. That is the route you may want to take. Better yet consult with your hair dresser and see what they advise you do.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 03-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #2347
jaysuki

Quote:
Learn Manners please, this is a thread about hair, not how a person looks, regardless, her standards of beauty are more likely then not difrent then yours.
Btw wasnt me who posted that, was some random, i had auto login, thats now been removed, sorry for any trouble =]
jaysuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM   #2348
AznTranquility
Procrastinator

Ummmm
My mother cut my hair

Hahah she wasn't happy ><

SHould I cut the bangs?
I'm adding colored block extensions on later
what's a good color?
I'll post more pics later:

http://i25.tinypic.com/f15sl.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/258maaa.jpg
AznTranquility is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #2349
[S]
My Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznTranquility View Post
Ummmm
My mother cut my hair

Hahah she wasn't happy ><

SHould I cut the bangs?
I'm adding colored block extensions on later
what's a good color?
I'll post more pics later:

http://i25.tinypic.com/f15sl.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/258maaa.jpg
Your hair is a little fine/thin so instead of having them come straight down like in the second picture, having them styled to the side more like in the first picture should be fine.

As for color I'm not sure, it depends on where you want them...
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #2350
aiko_kikuchiyo
Female Gamer and Cosplaye

Quote:
Avoid loreal and other off the shelf products at all cost! All thoes come off the black market and are not good for your hair AT ALL. Even shampoos. What the companies like Garne and what not do is put a lot of wax in their products so that you are washing your hair more, and going to buy more of their products. Ones like Head and Shoulders strip your hair of natural oils causing the hair to be really porus and break! If you want color, do it perfessionally only, and same with shampoos. Get them at your local salon. Even if it's tresime or paul mitchal, if there in the drug stores or walmart or anywhere other than a salon, it's not the real deal. My mom is a hairstylist, so I do know these things >.<

Well I don't know about that much bang...I was thinking a bit infront of my eye, although I personally love what was done there. My bangs are in my face as it is, so all I would have to do is let them grow out.

@ S: Yes I am going. I am doing Tifa, Dion Riona, my Wa-loli again, and a chinese princess. O_O I am so going to find you and glomp you!
I don't believe those hair products are off the black market ^^;. They're quite legal. Also although it is possible that in sketchier places you could get "fake" shampoo and such but I highly doubt a place like Shopper's Drug Mart would get away with that. (I'm sure Canada at least monitors things like that) Also a lot of salons only carry specific brands of shampoos. That doesn't give us much choice if you have sensitive skin or hair that responds well to one particular shampoo.

As for colour, I'll agree that it is suggested that you get it done professionally. Mine was initially professionally done as was my mom's. However my mom has been dyeing her own hair the same colour for over 15 years and has never had trouble or unhealthy hair (she uses the same products the stylist used). And my hair (believe it or not) has been quite healthy even though I dye it myself using L'Oreal. Unfortunately salons are very expensive and a lot of people turn to cheaper options because we can't afford to go every few months and spend $80 + for 5 or so streaks.

Sorry if this is random, I just wanted to remark on that ^^;.

@ AznTranquility: Liking the cut ^^. As for the bangs, its really up to you on how you want them? I agree with [S] though on the styling of them.

Last edited by aiko_kikuchiyo : 03-10-2008 at 12:15 AM.
aiko_kikuchiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 06:42 AM   #2351
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

No they come off the blackmarket and what not if they are Tresime and others you find in salons like Paul Mitchel exex. Thats why real ones will say "Only Garenteed if bought at a perfessional salon" Things like Garnie and Head and Sholders have tons of waxes that ruin the hair and strip it of natural oils that are important for healthy hair. If you have sensitive skin or hair you should ask your stylist for special shampoos. They can recamend something for your hair. Yes it will be a bit more pricey, but in the end your hair will thank you for it. Again my mom is a stylist so...yeah...she knows these things. Not that I want to argue or anything ^^;; its just facts that I thought people may like to know. I mean I don't want to say "HEY stop using what ever you are using! It's bad!" or damn ever product out there. (Well I mean it's bad and some should really be avoided) The point is just to share some knowloge that I have about this stuff.

As far as color I understand people can't afford to get it touched up ever 6 or so weeks. God I couldn't afford it if my mom didn't do mine for nothing T__T So I totally agree with you there. You are lucky if you haven't had hair problems. Just be careful though <^^;; I am sure no one wants their hair falling or breaking off. I guess in the end it is all how well you take care of it.

@ Azn: Also as far as color they sell clip in hair extentions with funky colors (has some of her own) So you could always opt for thoes if you don't know what color you want in your hair. Also can help you deside on a color that you want.

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #2352
Raix

Quote:
No they come off the blackmarket and what not if they are Tresime and others you find in salons like Paul Mitchel exex. Thats why real ones will say "Only Garenteed if bought at a perfessional salon" Things like Garnie and Head and Sholders have tons of waxes that ruin the hair and strip it of natural oils that are important for healthy hair. If you have sensitive skin or hair you should ask your stylist for special shampoos. They can recamend something for your hair. Yes it will be a bit more pricey, but in the end your hair will thank you for it. Again my mom is a stylist so...yeah...she knows these things. Not that I want to argue or anything ^^;; its just facts that I thought people may like to know. I mean I don't want to say "HEY stop using what ever you are using! It's bad!" or damn ever product out there. (Well I mean it's bad and some should really be avoided) The point is just to share some knowloge that I have about this stuff.

As far as color I understand people can't afford to get it touched up ever 6 or so weeks. God I couldn't afford it if my mom didn't do mine for nothing T__T So I totally agree with you there. You are lucky if you haven't had hair problems. Just be careful though <^^;; I am sure no one wants their hair falling or breaking off. I guess in the end it is all how well you take care of it.
Hey, let's both do the "thankful for stylist parents" dance. I think my head would be a lot duller if I didn't have my mom. XD

Last edited by Raix : 07-19-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Raix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #2353
xxmossgardenxx
Amahime

Yes let us dance!

As far as what you can do, it's not a whole lot at the moment. Spiking it in the back perhaps and maybe getting some colored clip in extentions. It's kind of short right now. Let it grow out a bit then more layers perhaps?

~*Upcoming Con*~
Anime Boston 2014
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:09 AM   #2354
Yuriya
Retard

I have somewhat fine hair - it's really hard to get it to stay anywhere.
Could anyone recommend me some good hair spray and wax (or at least a balance of good and affordable XD)? I don't mean salon quality, more of like poor college student quality but still works lol. Styling advice for it would be nice too, no matter how hard I try I can never seem to get anything I make to stay for a while.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1814/fan1xm2.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4202/lololij9.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9...utside2tn4.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/627...rstand1oa0.jpg
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4001/closeupap6.jpg

The back bottom layers of my hair are long (I dont have any shots of the back of my head) and I usually put them in a braid or a pony tail in the back (yeah it would probably look a whole lot better if I was able to spike it, but I made a commitment to grow out a braid), while the front is up for suggestion!
Yuriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #2355
rawrfersure

Hey guysss.
I've been wanting to get a J-rockish hair cut for awhile now. Kind of like having it really big and teased at the top and really thin at the bottom. I keep going to the hairdresser and asking for it and doodling it, but they make it still look all flat and basically not what I want. I think it's because my hair is sooo terribly thick. I've also been thinking about getting it cut so it's really long in the front and short in the back. I've seen it a couple times before and I thought it looked soooo good. I'm not sure though, I don't know if I would be able to do that. x] I'm not allowed to dye my hair. I would really like an opinion from someone about what you think I should do. [: It's pretty edgy as it is, I guess I'm just looking for a change. Help? x]
Ref.1
Ref.2

Thank you in advance!
-RAWRfersure
-Columbia [Prom]
-Sasori
-Mail [Matt] Jeevas
-Kairi [School]
-SNJ Orochimaru
-Hikaru Hitachiin

Working on:
Kaoru Hitachiin - 65%