Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 305 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 06-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #3046
Thaoien
Registered User
 
Thaoien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4
Well wasn't sure if this goes here but seeing the first page I guess it does-ish lol
I'm kinda new to the visual-kei, going to con this year and my friends decided to cos-play, everyone told me to do some jrock/jpop. When I asked them who should I go as kinda dead silence so was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction,

My hair is kind of thick or at least to me not really good with photo so excuse me for the xD bad pics

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2954460/


http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2954461/
Thaoien is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:20 PM   #3047
Tenshi-Hiro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
sigh wish i had long hair lol im gonna try and grow it out once i leave active duty
Tenshi-Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #3048
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~
 
uruha-fan-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,443
Thaoien:

Well if your okay will cutting/styling and dyeing your hair I think you would make a pretty good Kai from That GazettE! He is cute, and you kinda look cute too^ ^

I have attatched a few pics of him^ ^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kai7.jpg (56.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg the-GazettE--Kai-1.jpg (105.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Kai ish kawaii^ ^.jpg (20.0 KB, 0 views)
uruha-fan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:21 AM   #3049
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze
 
fujyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,941
I wasn't cleared to get my hair done today >: But I'll probably have to try the hair style for another occasion <,< Or if worse comes to worse try to cut it myself again ...
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #3050
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!
 
IAmShorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
So Im finally making an appointment to get my hair cut and I really want to do a J rock style! But Im quite nervous to go because the last girl who cut my hair (Even though it wasnt a j rock style) screwed up royally. Seriously, I cried ;_;
I want to get something like this(See attachment!) but I want to keep some length on my hair. So basically that style but extended down a bit.

Im going to bring in a reference picture, but does anyone else have some advice on what I should tell the girl so she doesnt ruin my hair? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vg-uruha17.JPG (105.1 KB, 0 views)
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #3051
bizarre_roses
Registered User
 
bizarre_roses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 22
@IAmShorty
i would bring in a picture like this http://media-worlds.theotaku.com/143...1102113845.jpg where Uruha doesn't have it styled all spiked out to let the stylist know what it would look like before you would have styled it. it would help. (sorry i tried to find a better picture but this is what found. I know there is a better photo. Look at the video interviews from RCE videos)
edit****
here is a better one http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/...38c2c82c39.jpg

Last edited by bizarre_roses : 06-09-2011 at 05:51 PM.
bizarre_roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #3052
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!
 
IAmShorty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
Awesome, thank you!
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #3053
bizarre_roses
Registered User
 
bizarre_roses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 22
Okay, I need help. I want a jrocker hair cut but I don't know what to get...I can't do any unnatural color untill July, so right now I will dye it like Maya's http://i30.tinypic.com/168skco.jpg cuz my work will let me do that. (plan on changing works to somewhere where they will let me have hair color like pink or blue in july) So that is how i will dye it but I need an awesome jrocker hair cut. here is me (tell me if you need a better picture. I just hate taking photos of myself....sorry, i'm uncomfortable with taking photos.. but i will post another one if i need to)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2958797/
Ps: my hair is up in that picture. my hair is to my shoulders now.
bizarre_roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:58 PM   #3054
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~
 
uruha-fan-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,443
bizarre roses:

Looking at your picture, you totally reminded me of Miku from An cafe/Lc5
Hmn and a little like Ruki from the GazettE. But yeah I think Maya would suit you too^ ^
I hope you like the suggestions^ ^;
uruha-fan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #3055
bizarre_roses
Registered User
 
bizarre_roses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by uruha-fan-girl View Post
bizarre roses:

Looking at your picture, you totally reminded me of Miku from An cafe/Lc5
Hmn and a little like Ruki from the GazettE. But yeah I think Maya would suit you too^ ^
I hope you like the suggestions^ ^;
i will look into that miku and ruki one. i don't want maya's i just want his hair color XD
which ruki style did it kinda remind you of?

Last edited by bizarre_roses : 06-10-2011 at 11:29 PM.
bizarre_roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #3056
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~
 
uruha-fan-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_roses View Post
i will look into that miku and ruki one. i don't want maya's i just want his hair color XD
which ruki style did it kinda remind you of?
Oh okays.^ ^
Hmn well I was thinking something like this, I have attatched a few pics:3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uruha and ruki.jpg (113.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ruki miyavi03.jpg (97.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ruki35905.jpg (126.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ruki7746.jpg (44.6 KB, 0 views)
uruha-fan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #3057
4thAlice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10
<- Another person in need of a Jrock haircut. D;

So the last time I tried to get Jrock inspired haircut it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too. I remember crying about it and my mom saying I told you so. -.- The lady cut off a good 5inches off my hair so it looked like a friggin bob cut. A fluffy one I must say. Wasn’t happy. But my hair has grown out since then.

The thing is I have thick, dense, wavy hair but I already straighten it everyday so spending hours on my hair doesn't bother me. :P Also the wavy-ness is only at the bottom of my hair but even though I straighten it out it still wants to curl outward. -_- I'm kinda leaning towards Takeru from SuG but I would like peoples opinion on what they would think is best. I can’t dye any bright colors so I was thinking of maybe dark brown with blonde chunks. Oh and I do get my hair thinned out. I'm afraid that a Jrock style isn't possible for me. ;_;

Takeru Style:http://tinyurl.com/3mjwzor
http://tinyurl.com/4x3qnaf

Me(straightened):http://tinyurl.com/3hu8yyl
http://tinyurl.com/3sknx7x
Yeah that's just my hair combed out & I'm using a shitty flat iron right now. Getting a new one soon. >_>

Last edited by 4thAlice : 07-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.
4thAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #3058
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~
 
uruha-fan-girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thAlice View Post
<- Another person in need of a Jrock haircut. D;

So the last time I tried to get Jrock inspired haircut it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too. I remember crying about it and my mom saying I told you so. -.- The lady cut off a good 5inches off my hair so it looked like a friggin bob cut. A fluffy one I must say. Wasn’t happy. But my hair has grown out since then.

The thing is I have thick, dense, wavy hair but I already straighten it everyday so spending hours on my hair doesn't bother me. :P Also the wavy-ness is only at the bottom of my hair but even though I straighten it out it still wants to curl outward. -_- I'm kinda leaning towards Takeru from SuG but I would like peoples opinion on what they would think is best. I can’t dye any bright colors so I was thinking of maybe dark brown with blonde chunks. Oh and I do get my hair thinned out. I'm afraid that a Jrock style isn't possible for me. ;_;

Takeru Style:http://tinyurl.com/3mjwzor
http://tinyurl.com/4x3qnaf

Me(straightened):http://tinyurl.com/3hu8yyl
http://tinyurl.com/3sknx7x
Yeah that's just my hair combed out & I'm using a shitty flat iron right now. Getting a new one soon. >_>

Yeah I think Takeru could suit you. But since you would like some other suggestions how about Uruha from The GazettE. I think it would suit you^ ^

http://media.photobucket.com/image/u...uha54.jpg?o=16

I also think that Reiya or Riku from Lin/Rin ~End of Corruption World~ would suit you too.

I have attatched a pic of Reiya

And here is Riku (the guy in the with the blonde/ash coloured hair)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...ntMAZE.jpg?o=1

And I even think you would look good with your hair like Yuki from Versailles

http://s466.photobucket.com/albums/r...1.jpg&newest=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lin Reiya^ ^.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by uruha-fan-girl : 07-03-2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Yuki
uruha-fan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #3059
4thAlice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uruha-fan-girl View Post
Yeah I think Takeru could suit you. But since you would like some other suggestions how about Uruha from The GazettE. I think it would suit you^ ^

http://media.photobucket.com/image/u...uha54.jpg?o=16

I also think that Reiya or Riku from Lin/Rin ~End of Corruption World~ would suit you too.

I have attatched a pic of Reiya

And here is Riku (the guy in the with the blonde/ash coloured hair)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/l...ntMAZE.jpg?o=1
Alright thankies for the suggestions. :3 Hopefully it will turn out alright. c:
4thAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2011, 05:02 AM   #3060
MorbidMortician
Registered User
 
MorbidMortician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Help!!!

hi everyone
uh so yes...i need help...i've got my hair cut like Wednesday 13 from Murderdolls at the minute...and have since about july last year...and im so bored of it...
i am really into the J-rock/Visual kei stuff, and i wanna get my hair cut in that style, i was thinking something like any of those ive attached...i love Miyavi's mohawk though...anyone reckon you could help?? im getting it cut again in 6 weeks so it can grow out a little...

4932_miyavi.jpg

152nlle.jpg

Attachment 36806

1226430092456_f.jpg

tumblr_lkfoiiGqet1qgjpfvo1_500.jpg

and here's my current hairstyle...excuse the lame pic...
298977_1532613572255_1742263378_768531_138727636_n.jpg

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?! preferably before 6 weeks is up? im open to suggestions...
MorbidMortician is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.