Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 306 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:57 AM   #31
Mijikai

Hmm..i dunno. I would really like to see a pic of your hair ^-^ that way, i can determine your facial structure and see what J-Rock hair would really be good for you.

I have really thick hair too..it's insane. At the salon, they'll first layer it, then they'd probably have to razorblade the ends of your hair, to make it jagged and less poofy. If they don't do that, you might hafta suggest it to them @_@
Mijikai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #32
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijikai
Hmm..i dunno. I would really like to see a pic of your hair ^-^ that way, i can determine your facial structure and see what J-Rock hair would really be good for you.

I have really thick hair too..it's insane. At the salon, they'll first layer it, then they'd probably have to razorblade the ends of your hair, to make it jagged and less poofy. If they don't do that, you might hafta suggest it to them @_@
Blech...yeah I look like crap without makeup XD...anywhoo...this is regular, blowdried hair:
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2831/hair15sr.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7057/hair27ki.jpg
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #33
Mijikai

Ohh ^o^ That would look so fun to cut!! Basically, the thing that would solve 80 percent of your problems is buying a straightener. The most it would cost for a really good one is $20.00, so it's not a real hassle. Then get a simple hair cut (preferably a hair design school) and layer a lot, possibly 3 or 4 layers

Depending on what length it'll come out as, you could do various things with your hair. It's hard for me to describe because i'm a hairstylist (for Jrock and EGL) but i'm more of a do than tell ^-^'

But you'll be able to do stuff like this with layers, so it's a big help.

http://i6.tinypic.com/152nlle.jpg

But get a very good straightener with high heat settings and it should flatten your hair down. I really wish i could meet you because i would love to style your hair! ^_____^

Last edited by Mijikai : 06-20-2006 at 11:52 AM.
Unread 06-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #34
Deathfire
Eats Stars

XD Yeah, I really do need a straightener (one of those uber wide ones...V.V), currently now I only have a curler. Yeah I won't mind having a haircut such as the pic you showed up there, but I have to make sure I can tame it down, just so my parents can stand looking at me! XD Oh oh...and I need to make sure that my hair is still good enough to style into Beast of Blood Kozi's hair, b/c I"m gonna cosplay as him at MTAC in April of next year.

Oh here *smashes her head into the monitor, trying to get to Mijikai* Erk...now you can style it! ><...XD

lol I forgot...

The least I want to do is get angled bangs (kinda like Bou's bangs) and I'm begging my mom to get me some red highlights! XD and I'm gonna slip in some blonde highlights if my mom let's me...

Last edited by Deathfire : 06-20-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Unread 06-20-2006, 12:09 PM   #35
Mijikai

>-< Ha Ha!! Life would be so much easier if we could do that.

But simple layers wouldn't bleed your parent's eyes @_@ at least i hope not.
No no nooo, i strongly suggest you get the thin straighteners. They are very precise (although more time consuming) and it'll make styling 5,000 times easier for you. The fat wide ones tend to pull on your hair, get in the way, and they don't focus on the entire strand, just with what it can grab. A thin one is only 20 bucks T^T and i really want you to be happy with your straightener/Hair.

Hmm, Beast of Blood Kozi? That shouldn't be too hard to do. ^-^ Good Luck!
Unread 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #36
Deathfire
Eats Stars

lol thanks...though for that Kozi...I think I need to get curlers or I have to get it curled professionally...but all in all...I have to do it where my parents don't get suspicious...^^" You know...curly mohawks aren't an everyday look...^^'

Hrm...thin straighteners...I've actually tried one of those...and it took 2 HOURS to straighten all my hair (with the kind of hair you see from my photos)...it was annoying. I dunno if this is also an important factor, but I believe the straightener was some weird metal (not the kind I see at a hair salon), I don't know...but it never worked on me...^^'
Unread 06-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #37
Mijikai

Yeah, Metal-plated ones aren't a good thing to go for. The best ones have ceramic plates which supposably flows an equal amount of heat througout the straightener. Metal Plates are more heat centered in the middle.

Curly Mohawks >-< Man, if only our parents understood what we have came to love, would there be no more awkward situations.

Hmm..if you don't want it curled professionally (for some reason) all you have to do is curl the middle section of your hair and bobby pin it forward..or...pointing North or whatever. Now that i think about it, The I Love Lucy chick has a curly mohawk @_@

Last edited by Mijikai : 06-20-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 06-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #38
Deathfire
Eats Stars

XD Yeah, I was recommended by a friend to use bobby pins and thing like that, during the time I curl the top of my hair. I actually tried doing the hairstyle, and I used hair glue to glue down the sides and I achieved that well, but the top area was the only thing I had trouble with...maybe I need a friend to help me with that? Oh one reason to getting red highlights is to have it for the top of Kozi's hair...b/c well...it's red. ^^

But yeah...I dunno...^^' my parents are a bit worried about me asking such questions as these...^^'
Unread 06-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #39
Senko-chan

Hrm, as for straighters I prefur 1'' ~.~ I got mine fixed and they sent me 1 1/2'' back. i hope '' is the thing for inces XD
~.~ I recently cut my bangs some refrences if anyone is intrested enough are in my gallery under hair tests.

EDIT:: around me there I guess you can call a "Scene salon" where all of the scene kids go, they do make awesome JRock like hair. Scene hair is the new JRock hair when people dont know about it.

Last edited by Senko-chan : 06-20-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM   #40
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfire
Blech...yeah I look like crap without makeup XD...anywhoo...this is regular, blowdried hair:
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2831/hair15sr.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7057/hair27ki.jpg
Okay...I'm getting ideas for an ideal haircut, but you guys gotta help me out.

I want:
Reita's bangs
http://www.blue-neurose.de/images/reita2.jpg
with Ruki's main hair...
http://www.blue-neurose.de/images/ruki12.jpg

Do you think I'll be able to do that? Do you think as lazy as I am, I can keep my hair like that every day? And will it be long enough to serve as Beast of Blood Kozi's hair (for a cosplay)...or can I at least wait till my hair grows again? Plus...what if I regret the haircut? Can I tame it back if I don't like it?
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:15 PM   #41
Senko-chan

eeeeeeh....well with thoes flips its going to take time....soooooo you have to be dedicated.
Senko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 10:17 PM   #42
Deathfire
Eats Stars

>.< Man...I wish things were made easy...grr...
Unread 06-21-2006, 01:41 AM   #43
Mijikai

a haircut like that is not likely to be messed up. But if it does, you could do a lot to improve it. Flipping my hair takes like...20 minutes each side and half a can of hair spray ~___~ it is torture on my arms.
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:16 AM   #44
Tifa_Lockhart_X
Photographer of Derps

Can you guys help me out a bit now? I want to cut my hair in a j-rock ish style as well, and I'm considering Reita from Gazette's style, but anyways, shots:

http://i5.tinypic.com/154tzdv.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/154tzpc.jpg

Sorry about the shots being craptacular.
Connecticon
Nauticon
PortCon Maine
Otakon

Be sure to 'Like' my page on Facebook!

Tifa_Lockhart_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2006, 02:24 AM   #45
FilthyWarumono
Japanese Fxxker

Deathfire: That's SO SHORT X_X but styling that would take SO long. Trust me - I've had Kirito hair, Kyo hair, Reita hair, and every one I get lazy. XD I'll keep my eye out for a nice looking lazy person's haristyle. Likely one that could be easilly made so with just a blow dryer.

EDIT: Go for something like Miyavi-esque, I think. his hair still looks awesome and styled, when it's in fact just down. Layered, choppy. Something along those lines.

Tifa, I swear I know you... xD;;;

I will scream as much as I want and if my voice dies, then let my voice die。
~悪者 Warumono
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not。
And if you aren't hated, you aren't doing shit。

Last edited by FilthyWarumono : 06-21-2006 at 02:27 AM.
FilthyWarumono is offline   Reply With Quote