Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Closed Thread
Unread 06-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

Is there a Kasumi interested in doing a DOA skit?

Yo! Tenkage-chan running through. Well, originally my firend and I were thinking of doing a DOA skit for the Masquerade this year. However, my friend has pretty much backed out of it now. I suppose I was simply too earger to try it out, I've never participated in a masquerade, and I was really excited. I guess I pushed a little too hard. She still wants to do her Kasumi costume, but she won't be doing the skit with me.

I was wondering if there was a Kasumi cosplayer who'd be interested in doing this skit with me:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=84274
If you're interested, PM me, post here, whatever. I'm really hoping to do this skit, and I hope you'll like it.
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!

Unread 06-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Ramune Marble
I eat cat food

Just some addvice.....I would wait 'till next year....'cause all skits have to be lke 2 flippen minuets to the max....and that's only enough time to get on the stage and then get off....it's stupid.....but I was gonna be in a skit myself, but we're gonna wait until they realize how stupid that rule is.

Unread 06-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Man, I wish I could go to NDK~ I've wanted to for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramune Marble
Just some addvice.....I would wait 'till next year....'cause all skits have to be lke 2 flippen minuets to the max....and that's only enough time to get on the stage and then get off....it's stupid.....but I was gonna be in a skit myself, but we're gonna wait until they realize how stupid that rule is.
A lot of masquerades have shortened to 2 minutes. It's not really that stupid. It allows more people to participate. If they didn't do that, they'd either have to have a lot less entries or the masquerade would just go on forever.

2 minutes is a lot longer than it may seem, and it can be a godsend. It really sucks when certain skits will take up the whole 3 or 5 minutes a con may allow, because they can easily drag on. X_X Audiences appreciate the short and sweet. My friends did an entire song and dance skit that was about a minute and a half or less at a recent con, so um, it certainly more time than just getting on and off. ^^;

Sorry, I had to rant there. ^_^;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
Tenkage-chan
Oldschool Sephy Fangirl

I'm sorry you can't come, Michi! But we'll all make sure to take lots and lots of pictures for you!

Ramune Marble: I'm not too worried about it. I wrote my skit well in advance, and I selected a song for the background that's just under the 2.5 minute mark, then tested my skit to make sure it fit, which it does.

Good news!! Sakurachan61123 has agreed to do the skit with me!! Yay, I have a partner!!
Princess Shoukei: Twelve Kingdoms~ 100%
Kamiya Kaoru: Rurouni Kenshin (Jin-e Arc)
Serra: Fire Emblem~ 100%
Click To Visit The Cosplay Teahouse!
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #5
Ramune Marble
I eat cat food

This is ture......but normally the really really good skits are the ones that are like 4 or 5 minuets......like that DDR one they did last year.......xD that one rocked.....but yeah.....but that's just my point of veiw...

Unread 06-15-2006, 02:38 AM   #6
sakurachan61123
onion girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramune Marble
This is ture......but normally the really really good skits are the ones that are like 4 or 5 minuets......like that DDR one they did last year.......xD that one rocked.....but yeah.....but that's just my point of veiw...
I agree with you just because we were supposed to do an awesome 6 minute skit. There is no way we could shorten it either . . .
Unread 06-15-2006, 03:23 AM   #7
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

sakurachan -- Unless your skit was involved enough to keep the audience interested, I doubt most audiences would want to sit through even the best 6 minute skit idea. X_X

This thread isn't going anywhere anymore and a Kasumi has been found, so I'm closing it.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Closed Thread