Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 03-02-2003, 05:42 PM   #1
Allia

There should be an anime con in Rochester, N.Y.!

Hey I think it would be great if some how there could be a con in or around Rochester, N.Y. There are so many people who go to cons that live near or in Rochester but travel for hours to get to a con. Also there are a lot of people who like anime in Rochester that I think a somewhat big con could be possible. It would be so neat but I don't know how it would happen though (money issue). I guss its just a dream. Sob.
Allia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-02-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

Bring anime back to NJ!!
KaineMaxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2003, 06:36 PM   #3
Oshi
Rugged. Like the moon.

Kaine: You got Yuricon. Be happy with it. This side of PA has NOTHING. Well, there's Philcon, but that's mainly scifi... Kosaikon doesn't come til Spring '04... *shrug*
Oshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2003, 06:40 PM   #4
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

We'll trade you Yuricon for Shoujocon back.
Unread 03-02-2003, 07:16 PM   #5
Studmaster
The King of Games!

Quote:
Originally posted by KaineMaxwell
We'll trade you Yuricon for Shoujocon back.
Nah, we'll keep Shoujocon. If Anime Next takes off, it'll mos likely be in the Meadowlands. That should kickass.

Personally, I would like to see Anime Next decide to stay here in New York State, and grow to Anime Expo or Otakon like proportions. It would be perfect for the Fall.
2004 has just begun. Are you ready to seize this new year, and grasp things never thought possible. Let go of the past, and the pain it may have bought. It is time to make the best of the present, to secure the future.

The 2004 Studmaster World Tour as of 11/25/03: Katuscon, Philly Gaming Classic (Satuday only), Anime Boston, Animazement Anime Next , Anime Expo, Otakon, Dragon*Con, Nekocon? Anime USA?, MagFest 3.0?
Studmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2003, 07:48 PM   #6
CelesDragon
Mocha Mocha MOCHA!

Quote:
Originally posted by Studmaster
Nah, we'll keep Shoujocon. If Anime Next takes off, it'll mos likely be in the Meadowlands. That should kickass.

Personally, I would like to see Anime Next decide to stay here in New York State, and grow to Anime Expo or Otakon like proportions. It would be perfect for the Fall.
If Anime Next moved to the Meadowlands, I'd be in heaven. It's just 5 minutes down the road for my parents' house. Though, I know there's a sci fi con held there every October already.
CelesDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #7
Sakura
Original Sakura

Yeah, Rochester needs an anime con. We have a sci-fi one (I hear there's some anime rooms) and a gaming one but no ALL ANIME con! UR does the gaming one but that would be cool if RIT could somehow organize an anime con like the UB did. I would definitely want to help with something like that but I have no idea how to organize a con- that's a job for the smart people to do XD

Last edited by Sakura : 04-26-2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #8
KaineMaxwell
Don't mess with mutants

The Meadowlands is a great location for an anime con- right near NYC and in a great NJ location too.

I've bene to Chiller Theatre (horror and sci-fi con) at the Meadowlands a few times and it rocks.