Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #2296
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1NJ4GL4R3 View Post
I am so happy most of my stuff has arrived for the 11th Doctor and le girl friend is making a full out Whovian meal for Christmas Chicken Ambrosia Salad Fish Fingers and Custard Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers . I also want to wish everyone happy holidays what ever your faith maybe
Awesome! My Christmas with my Whovian cousins was replete with references to how every problem was the "curse of the Time Lords", and there were Jelly Babies shared. Also, pictures which I will post soon.

But I wish I could have a full meal! Now I need to make this happen.

Oh, and another thing... my mom got me my Ten shoes for Christmas! One thing I don't have to buy now though it's hard to keep myself from wearing them as they're exceedingly comfortable.

EDIT: I did a photoshoot with my cousin as part of her Christmas present. Next year, I'll probably do this for my OTHER cousin as Ten. Anyway, some pics below (most people seem okay with posting pics in threads, and I didn't see a list of thread rules... but if it's not okay, let me know). My husband made my sonic screwdriver.

Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 12-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #2297
Kitchen137
Madman with a blue box

ok ladies and gentlemen I said I would post pics and though it has been many a day since I said that I am here to offer up those promised pics. First we have the ren festival 10 doctor pic.
My hair got wind blasted to bits that day but the cosplay held together.

last but not least we have wedding doctor! Remember boys and girls when ever you need a good man in your wedding just call on the doctor.

Kitchen137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 02:30 PM   #2298
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I won't have my costume done in time (and I'm singing so binding would be a bad idea), but I think it would be awesome to show up to my sister's wedding as the Doctor. Her friends would love it, and she'd probably beat me senseless.
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:03 AM   #2299
ten_again
ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
I won't have my costume done in time (and I'm singing so binding would be a bad idea), but I think it would be awesome to show up to my sister's wedding as the Doctor. Her friends would love it, and she'd probably beat me senseless.
Well, if she'll beat you senseless, then it must be a good idea...
ten_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #2300
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen137 View Post
ok ladies and gentlemen I said I would post pics and though it has been many a day since I said that I am here to offer up those promised pics. First we have the ren festival 10 doctor pic.

last but not least we have wedding doctor! Remember boys and girls when ever you need a good man in your wedding just call on the doctor.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!
That is so awesome!
Gosh, I'm glad to hear it held together! I'd be ashamed of my sewing skills if it didn't! XD

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #2301
Kitchen137
Madman with a blue box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo_the_Kazoo View Post
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!
That is so awesome!
Gosh, I'm glad to hear it held together! I'd be ashamed of my sewing skills if it didn't! XD
Its fantastic Yazoo. Its amazing in everyway. I still can't thank you enough for all the hard work you put into this for me. By the way the coat is the greatest thing in the world. I love that coat. ^__^
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:33 AM   #2302
CheruChan
got'cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen137 View Post

So I'm sad that my friend and I didn't see you/attend the Ohio Ren Fest when you did. We were dressed as Amy & Eleven on opening weekend!!! It was a lot of fun, despite that the Sat. we went was around 98 degrees outside. It looks like you had a lot of fun too! and you make a fantastic Ten!!
Susan Pevensie
Percy Jackson

Costumes in Works
Percy Jackson (book)85%
Amy Pond (TIA/DotM)95%
Rose Tyler (JE) 90%

Last edited by CheruChan : 12-31-2011 at 10:36 AM.
CheruChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #2303
Kitchen137
Madman with a blue box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheruChan View Post
So I'm sad that my friend and I didn't see you/attend the Ohio Ren Fest when you did. We were dressed as Amy & Eleven on opening weekend!!! It was a lot of fun, despite that the Sat. we went was around 98 degrees outside. It looks like you had a lot of fun too! and you make a fantastic Ten!!
Yeah went late in the season, it was freezing cold out. It's a shame we didn't go on the same weekend that would have been great. Thanks so much for the compliment.
Unread 01-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #2304
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

Its been so long since I posted! Everyone's costumes look so good- I especially like the outfits you put together, supergeekgirl!

Yazoo- Thanks for the fabric recommendation for my fem!Ten. I'll probably wind up ordering a few yards fairly soon.

Not sure if any of you have an FYE in your malls, but they have Doctor Who shirts. I wound up buying one with the TARDIS explosion painting that Van Gogh did in season 5. While I was in the store though, something funny happened. I was standing near the wall o’ shirts when I heard someone say “Doctor Who”. Naturally, I turned my head to see what was going on and a trio of girls were checking out some of the Doctor Who shirts on display, saying how much they liked the show. Being the awkward turtle that I am, I just stood there, wearing my ‘you never forget your first Doctor’ shirt with the TARDIS on it, until one of the girls turned around and saw me, saw my shirt and was just like “That’s amazing. High-five?”. I smiled and high-fived her, then she turned back to her friends and said “That was like a sitcom moment!”.

And I think I finally found the sequins for my Rose Tyler "Idiot's Lantern" dress:
http://aleemahsappliqueandtrim.com.a...g.php?item=521

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #2305
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benihime78 View Post

Not sure if any of you have an FYE in your malls, but they have Doctor Who shirts. I wound up buying one with the TARDIS explosion painting that Van Gogh did in season 5. While I was in the store though, something funny happened. I was standing near the wall o’ shirts when I heard someone say “Doctor Who”. Naturally, I turned my head to see what was going on and a trio of girls were checking out some of the Doctor Who shirts on display, saying how much they liked the show. Being the awkward turtle that I am, I just stood there, wearing my ‘you never forget your first Doctor’ shirt with the TARDIS on it, until one of the girls turned around and saw me, saw my shirt and was just like “That’s amazing. High-five?”. I smiled and high-fived her, then she turned back to her friends and said “That was like a sitcom moment!”.
That's awesome, and thanks for the compliment! I've been working harder on the costume in the week since I got back from Ohio. I added a vest under the jacket to tie it together and made some plaid short knickers to wear instead of the Sylvester McCoy pants. Also did some work on the sonic. It's looking pretty good now, and I wore it to a Whovian NYE party the other night to many compliments. I need to photograph the work I've done since those pictures.
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #2306
N1NJ4GL4R3

Hi again everybody I am glad to see everyone had a good holiday and a lot of work done on cosplay. I thought I would post and update pic of my 11th cosplay http://www.flickr.com/photos/72095187@N06/6653839875/
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #2307
ten_again
ten

Just added a few Tuxedo Doctor shots I took last Christmas.
ten_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #2308
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

supergeek- You're welcome! And a Doctor Who themed NYE party sounds like fun!

N1NJ4- Lookin' good~

So I got my Rose Tyler sequins in the mail the other day and I'm not too happy. I got some pictures of them against the fabric with and without the flash: http://littlegummyfish.tumblr.com/po...ail-today-they
But I decided to try to stick it out and use them anyways:
http://littlegummyfish.tumblr.com/po...e-tyler-bodice
And now the more I look at them, the less happy I am. At first I thought they would be okay, but now I'm realizing how much they will clash with the rest of the outfit. I am seriously considering starting over with clear ones that will let the pink show through, like C6f119 on this page: http://www.ccartwright.com/iris.html

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #2309
Ruby_Crown

Everyone's costumes look fabulous!

But can't help but feel I am on a remote beach in Norway though....
Ruby_Crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #2310
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Sooooo... I'm going to be doing a Very Bad Thing. I am borrowing someone else's costume for an event (cue gasps of disbelief). Yeah, yeah, I know that's such a cop-out when I should be making it myself. :/

Anyway, I'm going to be dressing as the Fourth Doctor for an event next month. Trying to look as much like him as possible. Anyone have any idea whatsoever what sort of makeup I can do to make my mouth look bigger? I have a tiny, tiny mouth.