Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:57 AM   #2416
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciarakel View Post
I just premiered my Rose Tyler (Turn Left/Stolen Earth/Journey's End) cosplay at a small local convention. There weren't a lot of Whovians there, so I didn't get a lot of rec for it, which was a little sad because she's such an amazing character. But the people who did recognize me loved the costume. One even texted a picture of me to her friend who promptly responded back with, "OH MY GOD, IS THAT THE REAL ROSE TYLER?!?!?!?!" It kind of made my day. Unfortunately, Rose is getting put away until December, because that jacket is HOT! I had to take it off for a good portion of the day because I was sweating so bad. It was a hundred degrees outside, and I was wearing a pleather bomber jacket! Luckily, the con I'm going to in December SHOULD be cooler (I say "should" because we in Texas have been known to have 80 degree winters from time to time), and there's a huge number of Whovians who go to that con, and I've got myself a Doctor to go along with me. Really excited to cosplay her again.
Awesome. It's great to be recognized, isn't it? That outfit does tend to get really hot during the summer. I just wore mine a couple weekends ago while I was traipsing around cities with my friends...in over 100 degree weather. And, I'm wearing it again at Otakon. D:
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
GraelynRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #2417
patriciarakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamedwhisper View Post
Awesome. It's great to be recognized, isn't it? That outfit does tend to get really hot during the summer. I just wore mine a couple weekends ago while I was traipsing around cities with my friends...in over 100 degree weather. And, I'm wearing it again at Otakon. D:
It's so horribly hot. But I keep hearing that there are a lot of Whovians at the next con I'm going to, so I'm considering wearing it again at San Japan in San Antonio. Oh, geeze, it's going to be an adventure if I do. O_o
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #2418
Tealeafy
Time Traveler in Training

Hey, everyone! Haven't looked in this thread for a while, but I'm enjoying reading everyone's progress/stories.

I finished Idris a while back and never posted, so here's a quick photo:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3279697/

Also, is anyone else planning to cosplay Oswin from "Asylum of the Daleks"? I'm extremely tempted.

Planning:
Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Kaylee Frye (Firefly)

Next Conventions:
ConnectiCon 2013
✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
Tealeafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #2419
Pawprint29

I'd like to do Oswin, but I guess it's all a matter of finding the right dress. Not sure if that'll be easy.
Unread 09-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #2420
setting54

I'm also planning on cosplaying Oswin

Cosplays:
-Kitty Pryde (Ultimate)
-(secret)
-Kitty Pryde (Excalibur)
-Femme!Quicksilver (Days of Future Past)
-Scarlet Witch (Classic)
-Femme!Moriarty
setting54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #2421
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

So, who isn't planning on cosplaying Oswin at some point? XD
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who
"You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye. Say something. I'm giving up on you."
Unread 09-04-2012, 12:51 AM   #2422
setting54

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraelynRose View Post
So, who isn't planning on cosplaying Oswin at some point? XD
That's very true. But who wouldn't want to?

Cosplays:
-Kitty Pryde (Ultimate)
-(secret)
-Kitty Pryde (Excalibur)
-Scarlet Witch (Classic)
-Femme!Moriarty
Unread 09-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #2423
Pawprint29

This dress seems to be very close, if not exact (hard to tell without more photos) of the red dress. Sadly, doesn't seem to be for sale anywhere anymore. *surprise surprise* :/
http://www.bluefly.com/tahari-bella-...402/detail.fly
Unread 09-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #2424
sandysaur

Hello everyone! I've been working on a fem!Eleventh Doctor cosplay, but I've been having some problems getting a shirt to go under the jacket, cause I haven't found one with a pattern that I like. I'm kind of working off of this specific picture (http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/...att_smith_.jpg) as far as the shirt pattern goes, but I'm mostly looking for something that looks good. Anyways, all that to say, does anyone have a shirt suggestion? Thanks!
Unread 09-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #2425
setting54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysaur View Post
Hello everyone! I've been working on a fem!Eleventh Doctor cosplay, but I've been having some problems getting a shirt to go under the jacket, cause I haven't found one with a pattern that I like. I'm kind of working off of this specific picture (http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/...att_smith_.jpg) as far as the shirt pattern goes, but I'm mostly looking for something that looks good. Anyways, all that to say, does anyone have a shirt suggestion? Thanks!
Well, I know the original shirt that's in the picture was from All Saints, but it's all sold out and it was super expensive (maybe it's somewhere on ebay, I have no idea as I almost never use Screen Accurate pieces). Some cosplayers buy a red pinstriped dress shirt, others just draw/print the pattern onto a shirt. I just wore a regular white shirt for my Fem!Eleven cosplay, as I wasn't really trying for a specific season/episode/outfit. Hope this helps!

Cosplays:
-Kitty Pryde (Ultimate)
-(secret)
-Kitty Pryde (Excalibur)
-Scarlet Witch (Classic)
-Femme!Moriarty
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #2426
ten_again
ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by setting54 View Post
That's very true. But who wouldn't want to?
Well, not me. I just haven't got the legs for it.
ten_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #2427
TheBlackReaper

Greetings!

Hello all, this is my first post EVER!!!! And I figured what better place to do it then the thread about the best TV show out there. If you couldn't tell from my pic I cosplay as Capt. Jack Harkness. What can I say other than he rocks and its a blast to play him. If you would like to see picks just check out my profile.

I am currently in the process of creating a gender bend version of Rose Tyler, or as I like to call it "Tyler Rose." I am thinking of running a union jack T-Shirt with a leather jacket and blue jeans. Thoughts?
TheBlackReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #2428
TheBlackReaper

Greeting Whovians! I'm still relatively new to the cosplay world so I just wanted to swing by and say hi! If you couldn't tell from my pic I cosplay Capt. Jack Harkness (for more pics just check out my profile).

I am currently in the process of working on a new gender bend of Rose Tyler or as I call him "Tyler Rose." I'm thinking a black leather jacket, union jack shirt, black belt with blue jeans and sneakers. Thoughts?

Everyone is better off with a little Captain in them
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #2429
TheBlackReaper

Apologies for the double post. Still figuring out how this thing works XD

Thanks for your patience.

Everyone is better off with a little Captain in them
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #2430
GraelynRose
I am the Bad Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackReaper View Post
Hello all, this is my first post EVER!!!! And I figured what better place to do it then the thread about the best TV show out there. If you couldn't tell from my pic I cosplay as Capt. Jack Harkness. What can I say other than he rocks and its a blast to play him. If you would like to see picks just check out my profile.

I am currently in the process of creating a gender bend version of Rose Tyler, or as I like to call it "Tyler Rose." I am thinking of running a union jack T-Shirt with a leather jacket and blue jeans. Thoughts?
Welcome to the community. Captain Jack is a great character to cosplay.

If you're looking to make a genderbent Rose with the Empty Child outfit, a leather jacket is a good choice. However, if you want as much accuracy as possible, the jacket is actually nylon and polyester in a dark brown.
Katsucon
AwesomeCon
Clovercon
Wizard World Philly
Otakon
L.I. Who