Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 106 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #961
Lucifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosiTori View Post
Anyone have a clue where to find Rose Tyler's Season 4 Blue Bomber Jacket??? I am having the worst time finding anything! I refuse to believe there are no blue bomber jackets anywhere on the web.
Honestly, for two years I've heard of people trying to find the elusive blue/purple Oasis jacket and none have. Some found it in different colors, but never in the color used in the series.

There have been a few blue/purple bomber jackets found that resemble hers, but they are few and far between (likely due to the color). Your best bet is to keep an eye on Ebay.uk for it. I was fortuate years ago to find a good look-alike, so you might as well!

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #962
Hitori
Tra la la

Quote:
Anyone have a clue where to find Rose Tyler's Season 4 Blue Bomber Jacket??? I am having the worst time finding anything! I refuse to believe there are no blue bomber jackets anywhere on the web.
In addition to what Lucifer said, I think the Oasis jacket is like $300 or there abouts.
What worked for me, and for others, was to search out blue/purple jackets and add the sweater type cuffs and detailing ourselves. It's not exact, but it reads right.
Unread 05-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #963
PosiTori

Yep. I've tried regular ebay, ebay Uk, Canada, and Australia. I actually found her exact jacket in black. >.< That doesn't help...it must be blue! I figure with it being summer time, jackets are scarce right now anyway. Have to wait till late July when the new collections come out.

Anyone have any clue about her BFG? I've found quite a few reference pictures. I was hoping to find someone, somewhere that sold it....like how people sell lightsabers. but....not much luck. I found someones online tutorial here: http://www.alexkung1.com/scale/drwho/rose.htm
Anyone have a better suggestion for the base than styrofoam? I've never made any kind of prop before. :/ Styrofoam ends up looking like painted styrofoam. Aside from ripping apart some nerf guns and super soakers...I don't have any idea where to start.
PosiTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #964
TheDoctor10

Miss Moonflower!
Pardon me, I'm new here! Hello Cosplay.Com! A while back you mentioned that your friend had purchased the Tenth Doctor Suit from Cosplaysky.com, and that the only issue was the sizes were all skerwompus, so..... The main question I have is, the Pinstripes, Are they Blue? In the picture, they look white, and I really really would like to find the blue pinstripes. Well... at least something close to, without having to spend 600 dollars on the Magnoi.com suit. If you would be so kind, that would be awesome! With Love, The Doctor
TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:50 PM   #965
moonflower.

They are light brown pinstripes.
moonflower. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #966
kenshin-chan64
Titillating Tuba Player

Quote:
Anyone have a better suggestion for the base than styrofoam? I've never made any kind of prop before. :/ Styrofoam ends up looking like painted styrofoam.
you should try looking in the props forum. i believe you coat styrofoam with Modge Podge (dont quote me on the exact name, but it's listed there) and then sand it smooth. that should give you a nice surface to paint.

.... (\/)
.... (. . )_ ....~ Friday ~ 4-8-10
< # cc , _),
kenshin-chan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #967
Faraday
oh modern man.

@PosiTori- I found a couple jackets that could work for Rose's, even if you have to modify them...
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/App...ket-229388.jsp
http://www.charlotterusse.com/produc...ductId=3890173
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...all&pgcount=25
I just hate that none of them come in my size

As for the gun: I had my (Seras) BFG made of wood, but I imagine saws and carving tools may be a bit intimidating for a first time propmaker. You could always find someone to commission it from, I suggest checking out the Marketplace for prop makers and asking them for prices.
Unread 05-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #968
juusanbantaigrr

I want to cosplay Amy so bad.... maybe I'll try and do that at one of my next two cons XD

"I'm a goddamn marvel of modern cosplay!"
juusanbantaigrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:55 AM   #969
JJ9437
Faith, trust &amp;amp;amp; Pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor10 View Post
Miss Moonflower!
Pardon me, I'm new here! Hello Cosplay.Com! A while back you mentioned that your friend had purchased the Tenth Doctor Suit from Cosplaysky.com, and that the only issue was the sizes were all skerwompus, so..... The main question I have is, the Pinstripes, Are they Blue? In the picture, they look white, and I really really would like to find the blue pinstripes. Well... at least something close to, without having to spend 600 dollars on the Magnoi.com suit. If you would be so kind, that would be awesome! With Love, The Doctor
Hi there, I'm the one who bought the Tenth Doctor Suit from Cosplaysky. The pinstripes are indeed light brown. I am going to write a review of the suit on Live Journal soon but I'm waiting to get it back from the tailors to write it up.

I'll tell you this though, for the overall build of the suit I am happy with it. I like how they did everything. From the pockets and lining, everything is very light but well put together. And I love my pockets inside my jacket. They are nice and big!

The fabric is probably what I'm most disapointed in. It's alot darker than his, however...in pictures it shows up the right color. It it just darker in person it seems. I was really upset when I first got it because I thought it was black, but it is brown but has a bit more of a grey tint to it.

As for the sizing problems...the first thing you have to understand is I am a cury girl that was ordering a man's suit, wanting it to be made like they would make a man's suit. So I gave them my measurements and they did make them to my measurements but just the way my body was shapped, it didn't work. Anytime you order something like this online where the people cannot see you it's not going to fit right and you are going to have to get it tailored. So I knew I was going to have to do some work to it, but I ended up having to get a new pair of pants made.

Cosplaysky was awesome in helping me get new pants made that would fit properly. They were quite understanding and I could tell they wanted to help. If anything, their customer service will give me reason to buy something from them again, just this time with a little more knowledge of how to put in my measurements.

As of right now I cannot give you a firm answer on whether or not i love this suit because i haven't gotten the tailored version back but I guess you have to ask yourself if this is something worth spending $600. For me, it wasn't. I also needed it in a fairly quick time so I didn't have time to hunt down the fabric or make it myself. So even though it was a huge gamble to get this suit, it was the best choice for me.

If I really love this costume I might consider upgrading it to the blue stripes but considering I'm a girl and I know this costume probably won't work out for me I will probably just keep this version. This is just a fun costume anyway.

I do have one pic of the jacket that I took in the very bright sunlight with my iPhone.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...Who/jacket.jpg

Anyway, hope that helps. I'll have my suit by the end of the week and I'll try to take pics of it.

Dragon*Con 2010 Costumes
WIP:

Hermione's Red Dress- 40%
Ginny Weasley Quidditch Player- 10%
Glinda's Bubble Dress from Wicked- 10%

Completed: Hermione Yule Ball Gown, Belle's Ballgown, Rose Tyler, Tinkerbell, Hermione Granger, River Tam, Wendy Darling.
JJ9437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #970
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juusanbantaigrr View Post
I want to cosplay Amy so bad.... maybe I'll try and do that at one of my next two cons XD
Amy is loads of fun! Which outfit are you thinking of?
Unread 05-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #971
HottieNanako
Pirate-in-training

Oooo, after watching "Amy's Choice" I really wanna cosplay pregnant Amy! Thinking of doing that for AnimeFest since I'll be a little over 7 months by then. Just wish her outfit was more recognizable, cause I doubt anyone will recognize me as being in costume.
HottieNanako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #972
moonflower.

You could carry a little eleven or Rory stuffed animal. Lol.

Oh, and I accidentally started a TARDIS amy's choice outfit.. Accidentally because I realized I got the purple shirt at the store the other day on sale, so it's on my list to do now. XD

Also, I uploaded a few of my Vampires of Venice photoshoot pictures:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/299201/
Unread 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #973
Hitori
Tra la la

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower. View Post
You could carry a little eleven or Rory stuffed animal. Lol.

Oh, and I accidentally started a TARDIS amy's choice outfit.. Accidentally because I realized I got the purple shirt at the store the other day on sale, so it's on my list to do now. XD

Also, I uploaded a few of my Vampires of Venice photoshoot pictures:

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/299201/
I know I told you on dw_cosplay, but those are just some really fabulous photos
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #974
moonflower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitori View Post
I know I told you on dw_cosplay, but those are just some really fabulous photos
=D thank you!! I'm so in love with how they came out.. I think that was my favorite shoot I've ever done!
Unread 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #975
moonflower.

yeah, me again! I got my kissogram vest in the mail today. It's still too big, and I have to add the patches and everything, but it's so perfect.

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs576...._4281866_n.jpg