Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 114 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #2431
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikuzue View Post
@ Kawaii Pocky.: 10 bucks to dry your hair? I'd never go back to that place again >.< As for the price of bleaching your whole head... I wouldn't pay more than $150. Alot of places want to charge 200-300 but it only cost me $100.

Also, perhaps to get your hair to look more like Bou's try straightening out thoes pieces that curl inwards.
I just bought a hair straightener and my hair looks more like that Bou style. And yeah...the only reason I went to that place was because the other place near by I went to sucked. Even though they were only 10 dollars I didn't like how the lady took like 2 or 3 snips and said she was done. I wanted to bitch at her so I just paid the 10 dollars and left so I didn't tear her a new one.

And yeah, I asked the lady at the place I went to about coloring my hair since I basically have to bleach it and then color it and I think it was about 100 dollars. Since they had some special going on that was like 69 dollars for a cut, wax, and coloring, but she said that they'd have to add on the coloring to that and it would be 100 dollars all together. So I just said screw it, I'll just do my own hair. I just woulda liked to have my hair professionally colored since I always miss spots when I bleach or color. >.>

And here's my hair after I straightened it and it looks a lot better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0742 89_n.jpg

Me after straightening my hair.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #2432
Rikuzue
Dwrop

@Kawaii Pocky.: Bleach than colour? uhh?...what? >.< Are you talking about putting ash in it to remove the copper tones that show up? -lost- But even then idk why they would charge an extra 30 bucks for that.... Also, considering $100 dollars for your full head is quite cheap [some places charge that just to trim and wash your hair!] it may be worth the investment since bleaching your hair can turn out quite ugly if not done right >.<

But w/e route you go, I still recomend using a blue/purple tinted shampoo after wards to futher remove some of the yellow and copper tones. ^^
Rikuzue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #2433
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
@Kawaii Pocky.: Bleach than colour? uhh?...what? >.< Are you talking about putting ash in it to remove the copper tones that show up? -lost- But even then idk why they would charge an extra 30 bucks for that.... Also, considering $100 dollars for your full head is quite cheap [some places charge that just to trim and wash your hair!] it may be worth the investment since bleaching your hair can turn out quite ugly if not done right >.<

But w/e route you go, I still recomend using a blue/purple tinted shampoo after wards to futher remove some of the yellow and copper tones. ^^
I meant bleaching and then coloring my hair the color I want since even though I was thinking of doing a light brown I still have to lighten my hair. And yeah, I know some places can be really expensive. I'm from a small town where the lady gave me a shampoo dry and styling for free only charging 12 dollars for the cut. But these crazy places that charge for all that shit. 10 dollars to blow dry my hair? Crazy. I'd rather have wet hair.

And yes, I've had people tell me to use a blue/purple tinted shampoo since my hair is brassy after a bleach. Which I haven't gotten a chance to try it out to see how well it help my hair. And thanks. ^_^
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 11-11-2010, 04:59 PM   #2434
Rikuzue
Dwrop

Ahh I see.... >< I don't believe you have to strip your hair with bleach to go from dark brown to a light brown...after all my hair went from darker than your hair colour to BRIGHT red w/o having to bleach it first.

I recall one of my friends using a blonde dye in her hair to get it a light brown...I know that there are a few hair dyes that are made for asian [black] hair that will bring black hair to a light brown but I'm not quite sure how the dyes made for North America will work. It may be worth a shot to try using a medium ash blonde dye rather than bleaching since if it works it'd save your hair from a lot of damage

Last edited by Rikuzue : 11-11-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Rikuzue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #2435
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Ahh I see.... >< I don't believe you have to strip your hair with bleach to go from dark brown to a light brown...after all my hair went from darker than your hair colour to BRIGHT red w/o having to bleach it first.

I recall one of my friends using a blonde dye in her hair to get it a light brown...I know that there are a few hair dyes that are made for asian [black] hair that will bring black hair to a light brown but I'm not quite sure how the dyes made for North America will work. It may be worth a shot to try using a medium ash blonde dye rather than bleaching since if it works it'd save your hair from a lot of damage
I will try that because I've had to use bleach to lighten my hair and then it bleaches it like strawberry blonde.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 11-12-2010, 04:18 AM   #2436
LaurenW
~Nyuuuuuu~

use Clairol Born Blonde in the shade Maxi Blonde.. it got my super dyed black hair to a decent dark blonde in one use.. so if your hair is natural or a faded dye you should be able to get to nearly the white blonde that Bou has.. and its not technically a bleach so it doesnt damage alot, and its drugstore brand

juts make sure that if you are gonna go for it to really get the white blonde color... when people do Bou's hair and bleach to a yellowy blonde and dont tone it to white, it just looks really freaking nasty ><

See my Jrock digital paintings on dA! ^^
LaurenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #2437
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenW View Post
use Clairol Born Blonde in the shade Maxi Blonde.. it got my super dyed black hair to a decent dark blonde in one use.. so if your hair is natural or a faded dye you should be able to get to nearly the white blonde that Bou has.. and its not technically a bleach so it doesnt damage alot, and its drugstore brand

juts make sure that if you are gonna go for it to really get the white blonde color... when people do Bou's hair and bleach to a yellowy blonde and dont tone it to white, it just looks really freaking nasty ><
lol I will try that.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 11-26-2010, 10:56 PM   #2438
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

I have already been to another thread similar to this one...but I want a see what I get on this thread^ ^
You can look at my pics, by clicking on my name, nd going to my gallery..it's pretty easy to find^ ^
uruha-fan-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2010, 03:40 AM   #2439
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Ha haa check out this kinda old pic of me...I was havin a crap day lol^ ^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crap day.JPG (130.5 KB, 0 views)
Unread 12-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #2440
Tsuki666
Commander Shep

Just thought I'd jump in on this since I've been lurking around in the Jrock threads for a while. >_>

Current hairstyle ever since the D'espairsRay tour back in August

Acen cosplay list:
Riku (KH2)
Mikuo (fanmade Vocaloid character)
Reita
Tsuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #2441
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki666 View Post
Just thought I'd jump in on this since I've been lurking around in the Jrock threads for a while. >_>

Current hairstyle ever since the D'espairsRay tour back in August
You may or may no't get this hairstlyle suggested to all the time...but you could make a really good miyavi^ ^;; Or..maybe... Kanon (An cafe) hope I helped^ ^

What do you think would suit me?
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #2442
Tsuki666
Commander Shep

uruha-fan-girl - AH! I totally see where you get Miyavi and Kanon. 8D I've been thinking about cosplaying Miyavi some day so...this could work in my favor. XD I usually only get a "Hey, you have hair like Toshiya!" Which is equally awesome.

Acen cosplay list:
Riku (KH2)
Mikuo (fanmade Vocaloid character)
Reita
Tsuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #2443
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

Ah thats good^ ^ I thought you may have gotten meevers lots^ ^;
Who do you think I look like? I have only really gotten Asagi from D before...(no't that I mind;3) but I would like some more options, you know?^ ^
Unread 01-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #2444
Nyappy~Ongaku
KAI fool!

ok ill ask! what about me??
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2815360/
Nyappy~Ongaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #2445
uruha-fan-girl
Uruki~

@Nyappy~Ongaku:
Aww you look kawaii^ ^
Well the first thing i thought of was Tsunehito from D (I don't know if you like him..I'm no't a big fan of him, but yeah..there is a pic of him attacted below...) Hmn maybe also Kannon...(an cafe) and Aoi (the gazette) there is some one else..but they seemed to have escaped my mind at the moment ha ha..sorry^ ^;

Umm...What about me? (my pics are on my profile nd stuff..^ ^; )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d_103.jpg (27.2 KB, 0 views)