Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 03-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #1
Zevchan
Savvy?

ATTN: Boston Area cosplayers!!!!!

Okay, so the photographer decided to wait until today to tell me, but the photoshoot looks like it's going to be NEXT Saturday (March 15, not March 8) so please, if you can still come, we would really appreciate it!!!

Updated time/date below:

The Boston Globe is doing an article on the theatrical release of Cowboy Bebop AND COSPLAY! Yes, that's right! And having Cosplayers as an integral part of the story, they need PHOTOS! Unfortunately, they can only use photos they themselves take, Sooooo, we've (the author and myself) set up a photoshoot for them, which is tentatively planned for next Saturday (March 15 03) in Harvard Square around noon. This time and date is NOT set in stone yet, as the photographer is being a little slow on replying, but it looks like this will be the final schedule:

March 15, 2003:
12:00noon - All cosplayers have gathered in Harvard Square, outside of Tokyo Kid (located in the Garage building, less than a block away from the 'T' stop *redline*). Plan to be there around 11:45, just in case.
The photographer will be taking pictures of everyone in the store and outside, and possibly a few blocks away in a nearby park area. Come IN COSTUME 'cause there's really no place adequate to change, sorry.

*Directions: to Tokyo Kid via the 'T' - park at Alewife station (off of Rt 2 towards Cambridge I believe, which is off of interstate 95), which is CHEAP at 4.50 for 24 hours and take the train 3 stops to Harvard Square. Get off the train, follow the ramp up nd through the turnstiles. To your left is an escalator, take it up, then the second one up and you're in Harvard Square. Follow the block foreward and to the left (so the opening to the station is behind you) and walk until you see a sign outside a building that has 'Tokyo Kid' listed as one of the stores (it will also have Chibi Toys listed, I believe). Go inside, take the escalator and at the top of it to your right is Tokyo Kid! Yay!*

What they are looking for:
Preferrably Cowboy Bebop costumes, but any costumes will do. Some members of the NEG will be there (New England Garrison of the 501st Legion of Stormtroopers, a Star Wars Imperial costume troupe) so anything in the range of fandom is cool, but Anime preferred.

Contact information:
Michi 'Zev' Kaioh
email: aspenmathews@hotmail.com
AIM: Zevchan
If you have ANY questions, sent them to me, or IM me. I will keep this thread updated if there are ANY changes to the schedule.

-Michi
(no, the Other Michi)
http://www.cosplaynosenshi.com

Last edited by Zevchan : 03-07-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Zevchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2003, 03:19 PM   #2
Gothic_Lulu
Geeky Goddess

I might be able to attend because I am a short walk from Harvard Square, It all depends though because I would really like to bring my Edea costume but I am not sure if it will be done by then. I'll reply as soon as possible.

Because I rock.
Gothic_Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 04:47 PM   #3
Hikaru
You've got red on you.

I would love to come!!! I'm not sure if my costume will be done by then I'm still coming though!!!
Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 05:31 PM   #4
Koumori
Dye! Dye! My darling

I don't think she needs a reply - just show up.
Koumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 08:42 PM   #5
tsukinohime
resident himesama

Omygoshes, I LIVE there! Like, right on the river so 2 minutes walk from the garage! I guess that makes us like neighbors, gothic lulu! Wouldn't it be strange if we had passed each other on the street before? Too bad I don't have any of my costumes with me. *cries* Anybody want to lend me one? ^^; Why didn't he tell me? I got emails from him before and I sent his emails to the anime society. =P

Last edited by tsukinohime : 03-04-2003 at 08:47 PM.
tsukinohime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2003, 08:49 PM   #6
tsukinohime
resident himesama

oh, and one more thing -- I'm pretty sure there's a bathroom on the first floor of the Garage. I can go look on my way back from class tomorrow if somebody really wants to know for sure.
Unread 03-04-2003, 09:20 PM   #7
Gothic_Lulu
Geeky Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by tsukinohime
Omygoshes, I LIVE there! Like, right on the river so 2 minutes walk from the garage! I guess that makes us like neighbors, gothic lulu! Wouldn't it be strange if we had passed each other on the street before? Too bad I don't have any of my costumes with me. *cries* Anybody want to lend me one? ^^; Why didn't he tell me? I got emails from him before and I sent his emails to the anime society. =P

Cool! Actual anime fans near where I live ^_^. We probably are neighbors, huh? ^_^. I go to Tokyo Kid a lot so it could very well be a possiblilty that you have seen me before.

Because I rock.
Unread 03-05-2003, 12:01 AM   #8
Zevchan
Savvy?

The bathroom in the Garage building is downstairs, under the ATM, but it's VERY small and quite crampped, not a good place to change.

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)
Anime Boston 2003 Cosplay/Masquerade Director
Unread 03-07-2003, 08:04 PM   #9
Zevchan
Savvy?

Please note the original message has been updated. Sorry for any inconvienience!!!
Unread 03-07-2003, 10:04 PM   #10
tsukinohime
resident himesama

Oooo, I can probably have my mom send me one of my costumes then! XD Yay! I can't wait to meet everyone!!
Unread 03-11-2003, 10:47 PM   #11
RichAyanami
"I am not your puppet.."

It'd be cool if we could all meet up somewhere.... or did someone already mention that?
RichAyanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #12
Zevchan
Savvy?

Um, we're all meeting in Harvard Square in Boston at Tokyo Kid. Please read the original post for details.

For everyone else: It looks like this weekend is a go! I'll keep you all updated here though, just in case! ^_^

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)
Unread 03-11-2003, 11:51 PM   #13
RichAyanami
"I am not your puppet.."

Buh.. I was much conffused for a while.. But okee, thanks ^^
RichAyanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #14
Gothic_Lulu
Geeky Goddess

I am not really sure if you know, but, how many people are you expecting? ^_^

I hope a lot of people are able to come....

Because I rock.
Unread 03-13-2003, 10:40 PM   #15
Zevchan
Savvy?

I'm expecting about a dozen or so people, but I hope more than that show up.

I spoke to the photographer today, and this time is's 100% for-sure happening this Saturday! YAY!!!!! ^_^

-Michi
(no, the OTHER Michi)