Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 06-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
AuroraCeleste

Costume Events

I'm trying to collect a list of all the costumey things to do at Dragon Con this year. Please let me know if you have anything to add to this list. I tried to email all the track directors, but I think one has been added since then, and also some didn't respond. I'll be updating times/dates and adding as the con gets closer.

Costume Events at D*C '06

Main Programming

Dragon Con Masquerade.

Parade on Saturday morning.

Dawn Lookalike Contest on Saturday.

Hall Costume Contest.

Contests

The Costume track is running the new FABRICATIONS contest on Friday night.

The Costume track is once again having the NC-17 Miss Spat Cave Contest on Saturday night, in a new, shiny, much bigger room. Come early and enjoy the unofficial Line Party!

Pern Track has a contest at 8:30 pm on Saturday.

Wheel of Time Track has a contest.

Star Trek Trak is having The Miss Klingon Beauty Pageant at 4:00 pm on Sunday.

Star Wars Track will have their yearly Star Wars Costume Contest on Saturday at 4:00 pm.

Anime Track will be having a cosplay contest, time and date TBD.

American Sci Fi Track Is planning a costume contest as part of the Colonial Day party on Friday night.

The Southeastern Browncoats are having a rogue Firefly/Serenity Costume Contest, at the moment tentatively scheduled for Saturday at 12:00 noon in the Marriott Lobby.

Track Programming

First, the costume track has plenty of costume panels going on the entire time. When it's approved the schedule will be posted at http://www.dccostumetrack.com/.

Wheel of Time Track will have at least one costume panel.

Star Trek Trak has a panel on Professional Star Trek Costume-Building.

Star Wars Track will have a panel on Costuming the Star Wars Universe on Sunday from 2-4 pm.

X Track will be having a panel on Art and History of Tattooing on Sunday at 1:00 pm.

Tolkien Track will be having a three-panel bloc on LOTR Costumes on Saturday from 11:30-2:30, covering Researching LOTR Costumes, Recognizing Fabrics, and Garment Fitting.

Tribe Track has said they're planning something, but they're not sure if it is a contest or a panel.

Gaming is rumored to be planning a LARP costuming panel.

Costumey Social Events

American Sci Fi Track is having a costumes-welcome Star Gate Mixer on Saturday hosted by SG-Command.net (can someone check that link for me? My version didn't work).

Buffy Track will be hosting the Buffy Horror Picture Show on Friday at 8:30 pm.
AuroraCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
AuroraCeleste

Additions!

There is also a rogue Toga Party and contest planned for Friday night in the Hyatt Lobby from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am (or about there).

Moulin Rouge Gathering is in the Hyatt lobby on Friday night.

Young Adult Literature Track is having a Yule Ball and costume contest on Sunday night at 8:30.
Unread 06-30-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
a-tastic

thank you for organizing all that. that is, well, beyond helpful.
now i have no excuse for forgetting stuff again...like i did last year with the Dawn contest.
heh.

also i checked the SG board, and i think this is the actual url:
http://sg-command.net/index.php?name...viewtopic&t=40

but i could be wrong.
a-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #4
Space Invader
Sparkle Butt

Ooo. I'll see if I can make the Moulin Rouge gathering on Friday with my Cancan / Saloon girl outfit. I might be busy getting ready for (or in!) the FABRICATIONS contest though :<.

{ I N L U M I N O }
Space Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #5
AuroraCeleste

Update!

Costume Events at D*C '06

Main Programming

Dragon Con Masquerade.

Parade on Saturday morning.

Dawn Lookalike Contest on Saturday.

Hall Costume Contest.

Contests

The Costuming track is running the new Friday Night Costuming Contest (formerly known as FABRICATIONS) on Friday night.

The Costuming track is once again having the NC-17 Miss Spat Cave Contest on Saturday night, in a new, shiny, much bigger room. Come early and enjoy the unofficial Line Party!

Pern Track has a contest at 8:30 pm on Saturday.

Wheel of Time Track has a contest.

Star Trek Trak is having The Miss Klingon Beauty Pageant at 4:00 pm on Sunday.

Star Wars Track will have their yearly Star Wars Costume Contest on Saturday at 4:00 pm.

Anime Track will be having a cosplay contest, time and date TBD.

American Sci Fi Track Is planning a costume contest as part of the Colonial Day party on Friday night.

The Southeastern Browncoats are having a rogue Firefly/Serenity Costume Contest, It will now be taking place in conjecture with the SEBC Shindig schedule to be in Hanover C, D & E starting at 10:00 pm on Saturday. Contestants will need to arrive no later than 9:30. For those that cannot make it at that time/will not be wearing their Browncoats costumes then, at 3pm Saturday someone will be at the SEBC table to pre-judge and take contact info.

There is also a rogue Toga Party and contest planned for Friday night in the Hyatt Lobby from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am (or about there).

Young Adult Literature Track is having a Harry Potter Yule Ball and costume contest on Sunday night at 8:30.

Wheel of Time Track is having a Costume Contest on Saturday at 5:30pm in the International North Ballroom. To register see the WoT track in Kennesaw and ask for Jennara or Emillith before 4pm Saturday.

Wheel of Time Track during the WineSpring party on Sunday based on audience favorites. You can enter the same costume in both contests, or different ones. There is no registration for the WineSpring contest.

Track Programming

First, the costume track has plenty of costume panels going on the entire time. The schedule is up at http://www.dccostumetrack.com/.

Wheel of Time Track will have a Beginners costuming/WoT costuming panel on Saturday at 2:30 pm and an Advanced costuming panel on Sunday at 2:30 pm.

Star Trek Trak has a panel on Professional Star Trek Costume-Building on Friday at 2:30 pm.

Star Wars Track will have a panel on Costuming the Star Wars Universe on Sunday from 2-4 pm.

X Track will be having a panel on Tolkien Track will be having a three-panel bloc on LOTR Costumes on Saturday from 11:30-2:30, covering Researching LOTR Costumes, Recognizing Fabrics, and Garment Fitting.

Tribe Track has said they're planning something, but they're not sure if it is a contest or a panel.

Gaming is rumored to be planning a LARP costuming panel.

Costumey Social Events and Photoshoots

American Sci Fi Track is having a costumes-welcome Star Gate Mixer on Saturday hosted by SG-Command.net.

Buffy Track will be hosting the costumes-welcome Buffy Horror Picture Show on Friday at 8:30 pm.

Wheel of Time Track is having a costumes-welcome Winespring Inn party on Sunday.

Moulin Rouge Gathering is in the Hyatt lobby on Friday night.

Young Adult Literature Track is having a Harry Potter Yule Ball and costume contest on Sunday night at 8:30.

Join the Silk Roads track on Sunday at 4pm for our first ever Asian Cinema and Culture Masquerade! Dress up like your favorite emperor or warlord, geisha or noble-woman, ninja or samurai. Movies or literature, fantasy or reality, all are welcome.

The Tolkien Track's "Evening at Bree" at 8:30 on Friday night. Emerald Rose shall be performing and Arms of Middle Earth has some surprises in store!

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts cosplayers are meeting for a photoshoot Sunday afternoon at 2 in the Marriott.

There will be an unofficial X-men cosplayers photoshoot in the Hyatt lobby at 11:00 AM on Sunday.

The Southeastern Browncoats Firefly Shindig scheduled to be in Hanover C, D & E starting at 10:00 pm on Saturday. Will include a costume contest.

Star Trek Trak says: Federation personnel and Klingon warriors from around the galaxy meet, greet and snarl at each other in this enormously popular gathering, where anything can---and does---happen! This year, TrekTrak is proud to announce the return of... Klingon Disco! Come join us for great fun, great music and complementary refreshments!
Unread 08-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #6
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

o0 Anime track still hasn't scheduled contest?

Other shoots

Friday 6:00pm, Dead or Alive at the Hyatt Lobby
Sunday at noon, cosplay.com photoshoot at Marriott Hotel Lobby

Last edited by Hikaruchan : 08-23-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #7
Keely

Yay! Thanks for adding the x-men photoshoot!
Keely is offline   Reply With Quote