Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Unread 06-26-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
Hayezer

Arrow Lolita meets JRock= HELP!

OK, so for a con I'm doing this weird thing were it's JRock meets Lolita, weird yes but so am I. I understand that Loli skirts are around knee length and I already have my top, it's a corsette like thing, black with a red lace up front(slightly whore-ish you might say but idc, it's me not you XD). I have black boots that go up to just below my knees. I'm looking for a skirt, one that would add the Loli part of it. Any ideas at all? And for my hair, do you have any ideas on how it should be?(I have thick hair that goes about mid way down my back, although it's need of a trim so thats a possibility) Pics for hair would be great! Could some explain the different Loli forms there are, like Sweet Loli, Goth Loli(this more me I know that much), and so forth. I'm new to this but I like it a lot so far. Any sugestions are welcome! Thanz in advance!
Hayezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-26-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
Mijikai

If you're gonna go with a Loli-Jrock mix, a more Gothic Lolita would be appropriate. Your hair should be half and half..like...either curled and J-Pimped out, or Jrock but with added assortment like Pigtails or cute hairclips/Ribbons. An example that supports the more Loli side would be like:

OR for a more intense hairstyle to support the Jrock side would be:

http://i4.tinypic.com/15pslk7.jpg

And Sweet Lolita is more based on pink and white colored dresses (personally, Sweet lolita is WAY cuter)

Last edited by Mijikai : 06-26-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Mijikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:00 AM   #3
FilthyWarumono
Japanese Fxxker

Hair ideas: Shinya wears his long hair half of it curled and bobby pinned up on one side, and the other side is down. The good part about Japanese fashion is you can look weird and it won't matter! I say do a half and half hair style, curling the one side like the above picture, and then adding assorted ribbons and a flatter, jagged look for the next.

I will scream as much as I want and if my voice dies, then let my voice die。
~悪者 Warumono
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not。
And if you aren't hated, you aren't doing shit。
FilthyWarumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #4
Mijikai

Basically he's saying something like this:

But on the straight flat side, you'd do something else with a more intense and jagged look instead of flat straight.
Unread 06-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

i have seem some really cute erorori skirts that i think would be good for a j-rock type look. they are above knee-length, made of a slightly shiny material, and have a couple rows of ruffles. i'll get a pic so you know what i am talking about. you can easily add some chains, tattered ribbons, tatter the skirt itself...
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
Hayezer

Ooooo, lots of ideas, thanks. How do I tatter the skirt a bit, and do I buy ribbons that are already tattered or do I do that myself too? I think I'm going to do something with ribbons or maybe a bow in my hair along with it being jagged, my hair doesn't like to curl If you guys have any more pics that show hair can you put them up here so I can take them to the hair cutters so he has something to look off of, that would be godly. And do you know any sites where I can look at either hair or skirts, or anything like that. Any tips on make up too? You guys are really giving me ideas, thanks mucho! ^-^
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #7
Mijikai

The make-up isn't very much, They rarely do anything to their make-up but in your case (with mixing the 2 styles together), you'd probably should do not too much, but not too little. ~_~ which is a horrible way for me to describe it. Hmmm...Something..Liiiike this?:

http://i3.tinypic.com/15wm3py.jpg

But you'll have to hand tatter your own dress and ribbons. Usually to tatter them, you use scissors to poke holes in them *not far from the end of the dress* and stick your fingers through, then rip them apart. I haven't tattered ribbons before so you might wanna experiment with those.
Unread 06-27-2006, 03:11 AM   #8
FilthyWarumono
Japanese Fxxker

Ooh <memorizes tattering style> Anyway, maybe you could also do makeup on half of your face as well, I know Kirito's done it and Kyo too. What would be cool if you went with the hair idea, is if you did your makeup on the opposite side. ^ ^;

I will scream as much as I want and if my voice dies, then let my voice die。
~悪者 Warumono
It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not。
And if you aren't hated, you aren't doing shit。
FilthyWarumono is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 09:37 AM   #9
Mijikai

http://www.trashqueen.it/gothiclolita/htm/bible8.htm

That site has a lot of mixes of Sweet and Gothic Loli for skirt and hair ideas. Hope it helps you out ^^
Unread 06-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
Hayezer

O sweetness! That would be crazy if anyone did the half hair and half makeup ideas together! lol,thanks for the help guys. Mijikai, that's a helpful site but i've been there already, know anyothers?
Unread 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #11
Mijikai

Ummm, if you've been there, i'm sure you've been to the GothicLolita Bible sites, huh? I tried to find the site i've been to before but i don't remember what the name of it was ~.~ But for now, i'll hafta keep searching for you. Maybe the others know of some? *pokes other members*
Unread 06-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #12
Amaya De'Morte
Clearly Miscalculated.

http://www.avantgauche.co.uk/Gallery/index.html

is a very complete collection that seperates things by brand ^^
Tsubaki (soul Eater)
Rogue (xmen)
Once-ler (The Lorax Movie)

deviantART+facebook

“A keen sense of humor helps us to overlook the unbecoming, understand the unconventional, tolerated the unpleasant, overcome the unexpected, and outlast the unbearable”
Amaya De'Morte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #13
ariyaki
strawberry eating freak

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/glb-rame.jpg
hey! its a jrocker in a gothic and lolita bible! xD
if you want the closeup on that hair, Ill be happy to scan it for you if I have it. ^_^!

oh and speaking of the skirt... you may wanna do something like this perhaps to match your corset (just in red or whatever you wish)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ton_skirt1.jpg
or, similar case but harder to do-
http://www.putumayo-home.com/618114bkpk.jpg
ariyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #14
Nina Star 9
Amano Tsukiko Addict

http://www.avantgauche.co.uk/alicedoll/13.jpg

i was thinking something along the lines of that for the skirt. ^-^;
Nina Star 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #15
misuzukyra
RAM8REM <=> B.P.N. ROCKS

Lightbulb shorter hair version

just to keep it in this thread, I am cerious to know if there are shorter hair version of these style. I already have the outfits and stuff but wonder if they've done it with short hair. Since I cut my hair for Jrock it's super spiky and I don't know if i should get the wig cuz It's gonna be hot where I live for that. If anyone has a pic of someone with short hair in EGL please post it for me.
misuzukyra is offline   Reply With Quote