Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 06-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Satoshi-sama

Bleach: Ishida Uryuu or Chad

Well, I've decided to cosplay as either Chad or Ishida at the next convention by me in November. This is my first time at it, so I was wondering which one you guys thought was easiest, and it would be nice if you could give me any helpful hints. Thanks.
Satoshi-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2006, 03:48 AM   #2
hoshi-p
歌姫

I'll just go through a general break down of each character with my opinions and let you decide.

Ishida:
1) His Quincy costume is something you'd probably have to make yourself. It's a pretty plain, straight-forwards costume, though, and probably wouldn't be too difficult to sew for a beginner with some basic knowledge of sewing.

2) To do his hair accurately, either you'll need long bangs or a wig.

3) The frames for his glasses are pretty unique from what I've seen. A friend of mine used clear sunglasses in a similar style, but it didn't quite look right. It could potentially get really frustrating trying to find the right style of frames.

Chad

1) If you do his school uniform, he doesn't wear a tie, so that's one less thing to worry about. His other outfits are ether pretty simple to make (like the white one with the red stripe) or find (loud "Hawaiian" shirt).

2) Again, if your hair isn't long like Chad's, you'll need to get a wig.

3) If you want to make Chad's arm, it may be difficult depending on what you're skilled at working with.

4) This is a minor thing, but I suppose it's worth mentioning. If you're going for more true-to-life cosplay, you might want to consider your height, build, and melanin level and go with whichever character is closest to you. If you don't care, then don't worry about it.

Overall, I'd say that Chad is potentially the easiest. Buy pants, either make or buy a shirt, get a good wig and you're done.
hoshi-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #3
gradeawarrior

Props make a difference

Hmmm...I think both costumes present their own challenges, however Hoshi does make some good points about making the costumes themselves...and in that regards, Chad's costume is pretty easy especially if you get a very loud "Hawaiian" shirt.

As for the props, I would think making Ishida's Bow to be easier than making Chad's arm. That arm is going to be really difficult to make (I think). I'm sure it'll have some sewing and glueing of other parts to get the shape you want.

Making Ishida's bow should be more straightforward. I think using some good sturdy styrofoam (black), and a very cheap and long black rubber-band (Can find in fabric store), you can make a really nice Quincy bow ^_^

The glasses for Ishida is another problem =/ but you have time for searching for a reasonable pair other there

As for the hair, yah...probably a wig is best for getting his hair "right". He has some really long bangs! But if you have the hair, then flaunt it! I find being natural is a better approach if it works for you.
gradeawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
ChibiYuki
Banned

CHHHHAAAADDDOOOO,i havent seen any chad cosplayers i feel like doing him one year!i would rather do his "white shirt" than anything else [even though chado is sooo cute with his hawiian?sp? shirt on too*blush*]but whatever you want to do is fine!
ChibiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote